next skyline or gtr to appear in GT4?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sony_gtr
  • 77 comments
  • 3,694 views
Once upon a time, there was a country called 'Nissan'.
Somewhere in 'Nissan', there was a somebody running down the street. I don't know why he was running but he did that every day and night, and he's now some old guy probably resting in peace so I don't care about him... Anyway, his name was Mr. 'Skyline'. People used to call him 'GT-R' too. And he looked like this, I believe:

kev9.jpg

Mr. 'Skyline'

One day, he got married to some good looking woman. (Was her name 'Silvia'? that I can't really remember... If you know her name, please tell me.)
And yes, they had a child some year later, his name was 'R32'. Believe me, 'R32 Skyline*' had the most beautiful eyes in town at that time. Especially on the back. (*People in Nissan go by this format => First name + Last name)

As he grow up, he started to keep on running and running. I guess 'Skyline' family are all crazy but anyway so that he also earned the nick name 'GT-R'. I don't know what the word 'GT-R' means in English, but I truly think that came from the English word 'GotTa-Run'.

kev13.jpg

R32 - 'GotTa-Run'

One day, Mr. & Mrs. 'Skyline' was bored watching 'R32' run, so they instantly decided to have another child. They introduced 'R32' his new little brother 'R33'. 'R33' was born fatter than his older brother, but 'R33' looked good. Looked like an updated version of his brother 'R32'. Therefore, all of 'Skyline' family members expected 'R33' to run like crazy, but he simply refused to run. Mr. 'Skyline' got really angry! And he spanked 'R33's ass! Boy, he was just a baby! Wait! What's going on? Our poor boy 'R33' never stopped running since then. He's still wondering around somewhere in Nissan. I heard he last spotted at the North sea shore or something. If you find him, please bring him back to his family, dead or alive. Did 'R33' run faster than his father and his brother you ask? Yes, he seemed so. Yeah, let's call him crazy 'GT-R'.

kev14.jpg

R33 - Fatter & Faster

Mr. & Mrs. 'Skyline' got curious. Everytime they make a child. They run faster and faster, faster than their father or brother. They did it third time. Making another child, just to see if he/she manage to run faster than other. And this new boy was a success! He was running so fast that even those people in 'Porsche' have heard about him! Now he was truly a 'GT-R'. Oh, by the way, his mom never got the nick name 'GT-R'. I heard the rumor that when she trys to run, she tends to be drifting a lot.

kev45.jpg

R34 - Last 'GT-R'

Since then Mr. & Mrs. 'Skyline' got really into this. They are now trying to make next 'GT-R' so fast, that he/she can compete world wide, at least they will try in 'Porsche'. Mrs. 'Skyline' got pregnant again, for god's sake, again! 'Skyline' couple eats anything that people says it's good for baby. They take it slow to give a birth to next 'GT-R', the very-near-perfect one. This also means, that old Mr. 'Skyline' is still alive? I thought he was dead. Maybe I was wrong..

Exterior%20Emblems%20GTR.jpg

R35 - Reserved.

Oh and I got this news recently, GT-R brothers' cousin was newly born and he likes running too. His name was uh.. 'V35 Skyline' if I'm not mistaken.

skyline-350gt-nismo-001.jpg

V35 - 'GT-R' brothers' new cousin
 
Ok, after reading that, I believe 110% he is the CEO. And John, I know that is one awesome machine that I too wish was it, but it looks like its not.
 
McLaren sir, I guess I'll say it like this. New Skyline or "fake" Skyline, it's still a great machine to race.

By the way, I'm surprised no one talked about "don't we have too many G** damned Skylines?" I'm real surprised because I thought I would see this after 30 or so posts. Anyhow, nice machine. I'll take it even if it doesn't become the next Skyline. (^_^)
 
spooony
That's an old photoshop of what someone thought the next Skyline GT-R will look like.

I dont think so, I found that car too appeared in a car magazine about 2 or 3 years ago, I think it was Car and Driver magazine.
 
Photoshop or not, it looks pretty neat.. and mean.. and fast. Still holds onto the "look" of the R34, but upgraded to the more modern "sleek" look.
 
Jedi2016
Photoshop or not, it looks pretty neat.. and mean.. and fast. Still holds onto the "look" of the R34, but upgraded to the more modern "sleek" look.

It looks pretty cool, but it really is just a touched up picture of a "projected" design that has probably long since been dropped.

And about the new GT-R, I read that Nissan was developing an entirely new engine for it, retiring the legendary twin turbo straight six. The speculation I've read up on mentions a V8, and the fact that they are disregarding their "gentleman's agreement" (limit HP to under 300, although the skyline GT-Rs have been sneaking around that for quite some time, with power outputs closer to 350HP stock.). I can't wait to see this sucker.
 
Guys, in a way, this means Jordan owns a Skyline Coupe.
But the only G35 Skylines I can think of now (stock) are just the 2. I haven't seen any or heard of any G35 Sport Models (Again Infiniti). I have heard of a Sport option though.

But other than that, just the 2 G35 models with Options.
 
I was under the impression that the next GT-R wouldn't be seen officially until 2006 at least (with a 2007 launch). If that's the case then I doubt we will see it in GT4, but I hope so anyways.


Just to add a bit more confussion to the mix. A local car magazine, MOTOR, had a small snippet of info on the next GT-R. According to the article:

-The engine will be a 3.2 litre twin turbo V6 , tuned by Cosworth (producing aprrox. 480hp)
-The chassis is being developed in conjunction with Lotus Engineering
-The gearbox will be a seven speed sequential mannual
-Interestingly, the article also says that the ATTESA all-wheel drive system may have been dropped in favour of electric motors in the front wheels (weird!)
 
cpl_richie
I was under the impression that the next GT-R wouldn't be seen officially until 2006 at least (with a 2007 launch). If that's the case then I doubt we will see it in GT4, but I hope so anyways.


Just to add a bit more confussion to the mix. A local car magazine, MOTOR, had a small snippet of info on the next GT-R. According to the article:

-The engine will be a 3.2 litre twin turbo V6 , tuned by Cosworth (producing aprrox. 480hp)
-The chassis is being developed in conjunction with Lotus Engineering
-The gearbox will be a seven speed sequential mannual
-Interestingly, the article also says that the ATTESA all-wheel drive system may have been dropped in favour of electric motors in the front wheels (weird!)

that's interesting news. The snippets I mentioned were from car and driver, I believe. That or motor trend.
 
I'm not one of posting in threads like these but I wish they would include the Blackbird. That thing is awesome.
 
I'm not one of posting in threads like these but I wish they would include the Blackbird. That thing is awesome.

the motorex blackbird I presume?
 
Yes.
 

The Blackbird was tuned in the U.S. correct? PD hasn't been keen so far concerning including cars from american tuners (though the owner/operator of Motorex is japanese, I think), but I'm crossing my fingers on this one, seeing as Motorex is the biggest and most recognized importer of Skylines for North America.

That and the fact that the Blackbird is one sick car.
 
That's an awesome Skyline. Just not a big fan of the wing.
 
Where do you think my username came from?:sly:
 
ITs great, just the wing reminds me of 2f2f :scared: .
 
McLaren F1GTR
ITs great, just the wing reminds me of 2f2f :scared: .

That wing is actually functional, given the application. And it suits the car, IMO, because it was modified to be stupid-fast.

Just for comparison, Japan's N1 endurance racers often use similarly big carbon wings, despite having restrictions that keep the car's output nearly stock. Far from looking ricey, they actually look purposeful. Of course, slapping a big GT style carbon wing on a nearly stock car is probably something you'd want to avoid on the street, for obvious reasons.

The stock GT-R wing always looked tacky to me anyway.
 
(just to get under someone's skin)
we have too many f-in skylines.
They only need:
R32
R33
R34 M-Spec Nur II
New ones that looks like a G35
GT-R Concept
400R
Nismo Gt-R LM
and maby some other special Nismo deal.

That's all we need.
I wish they did that with stangs

Okay folks we have
1968 Shelby Green Hornet (EXP-500)
1969 Mach 1 w/ 428 Cobra jet
1969 Boss 302
1971 Boss 351
1970 Boss 429
1970 Mach 1 w/ 429 Cobra Jet
1993 Cobra 5.0
1993 Cobra R 5.0
1995 Cobra R
1985 McLaren ASC Mustang
1999 FR 500
1999 Mustang Cobra
2000 Cobra R
2000 Bullit Concept
2001 Bullit production
2002 Aussie Cobra
2003 Cobra
2004 CObra w/ 10th Aneversary package
2003 GT w/ Roushe Stage 3
2003 Roushe 360 R
2002 Steeda QR
2005 GT Concept (vert and coupe)
2005 GT production model
2003 Boss 351 mule car. (had the v-10 for the Shelby Cobra concept!)
2005 GT-R Concept
1968 Shelby GT-500 (Elanor)
2004 Shelby GT-500 E Super Snake (has 750 hp!!)

well there we go, now the playing feild is level....
lots of worthless models, even some concepts that don't differ from their prodution version....
We even have some real racers in there!
 
Roush cars may have to go under a company of Roush.

I wish PD would include European and American tuners. WE make cars just as fast as theirs.


Koenig 550 Maranello. Mmm...
 
Ford 429 Hemi
(just to get under someone's skin)
we have too many f-in skylines.
They only need:
R32
R33
R34 M-Spec Nur II
New ones that looks like a G35
GT-R Concept
400R
Nismo Gt-R LM
and maby some other special Nismo deal.

That's all we need.
I wish they did that with stangs

Okay folks we have
1968 Shelby Green Hornet (EXP-500)
1969 Mach 1 w/ 428 Cobra jet
1969 Boss 302
1971 Boss 351
1970 Boss 429
1970 Mach 1 w/ 429 Cobra Jet
1993 Cobra 5.0
1993 Cobra R 5.0
1995 Cobra R
1985 McLaren ASC Mustang
1999 FR 500
1999 Mustang Cobra
2000 Cobra R
2000 Bullit Concept
2001 Bullit production
2002 Aussie Cobra
2003 Cobra
2004 CObra w/ 10th Aneversary package
2003 GT w/ Roushe Stage 3
2003 Roushe 360 R
2002 Steeda QR
2005 GT Concept (vert and coupe)
2005 GT production model
2003 Boss 351 mule car. (had the v-10 for the Shelby Cobra concept!)
2005 GT-R Concept
1968 Shelby GT-500 (Elanor)
2004 Shelby GT-500 E Super Snake (has 750 hp!!)

well there we go, now the playing feild is level....
lots of worthless models, even some concepts that don't differ from their prodution version....
We even have some real racers in there!

what about the Kenny Brown specials? They should be included for their exhaust notes alone.
 
that was a hell of a good story mr. CEO, thank you
 
The Kenny Brown CSR is a weekend racer you can take to the streets. I'd include that CSR so I can help 98Cobra feel better about seeing more than one Mustang.

But still, imagine the possibilities with the Skyline in Post #9. Think about a street car, maybe a Falken Skyline paintscheme with it, or perhaps even think about a JGTC GT500 model. Can you envision it? Would own, if you ask me.
 
i'm glad they have all those skylines

btw
the Motorex Blackbird sucked

there are ALOT more powerful modded GTR in Japan... Top Secret, Trust, Veliside, Signal all build a better GTR then what Motorex can

what this game need is more Tuner cars....
HKS TRB-02, Top Fuel Civic, integra turbo, Cyber Evo, Gainax R32, Super Lemon series, and Top Secret cars, especially their new V35 Coupe that they GTRized with a wide body, V8-TT with a target of 800+HP, AWD.....
 
Hyde
i'm glad they have all those skylines

btw
the Motorex Blackbird sucked

there are ALOT more powerful modded GTR in Japan... Top Secret, Trust, Veliside, Signal all build a better GTR then what Motorex can

what this game need is more Tuner cars....
HKS TRB-02, Top Fuel Civic, integra turbo, Cyber Evo, Gainax R32, Super Lemon series, and Top Secret cars, especially their new V35 Coupe that they GTRized with a wide body, V8-TT with a target of 800+HP, AWD.....

that's true, but I wouldn't say it "sucked". It was tuned to be streetable and more balanced than those single turbo converted monster machines, as evidenced by the moderate horsepower and mild modifications. On the other hand, the Japanese have had much more time and experience tuning GT-R's, which aren't even supposed to be here. So I say Motorex did a good job by spicing up the GT-R instead of ripping it apart.
 
so, the gtr concept WILL be in the game then? but no 'r35' nor 'v36', shame.
 
You can pretty much count on the concept appearing in the game, since it was already in GT Concept. There's no such thing as an R35, and the V36 Skyline and the R36 GT-R based on it are a few years off. No car for PD to test=No inclusion in the game.
 
JohnBM01
The Kenny Brown CSR is a weekend racer you can take to the streets. I'd include that CSR so I can help 98Cobra feel better about seeing more than one Mustang.

But still, imagine the possibilities with the Skyline in Post #9. Think about a street car, maybe a Falken Skyline paintscheme with it, or perhaps even think about a JGTC GT500 model. Can you envision it? Would own, if you ask me.
Thanks John. Kenny Brown makes some amazing machines, but Roush would be wonderful machines. Perfect all around package.
 
GTChamp2003
Hmm,what car is this?It says Nissan Skyline but I have never seen it before.

NISSAN.jpg

2 questions:
1. Where did you get that pic?
2. Is it real?
If it is, *Jumps up and Down and pumps fists in the air*, and if it isn't, * gives nissan car co. the middle finger*
 
It is very old (I remember that pic in the newspaper years ago) and No its not real (as stated earlier in the thread)
 
Back