NFL: 2013 Season

• Thread starter Omnis
  • 1,097 comments
@The Bman

They lost some quality after a while. My favorites:

YO, THIS GAME REMINDS ME OF THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE BECAUSE IT’S SURE TAKING A TOLL ON YOUR QB

YO, YOUR TEAM’S SIDELINE IS LIKE YOUR ONLINE DATING PROFILE. SO MUCH SADNESS IN ONE PLACE

YO, IT’S APPROPRIATE THAT IT’S GROUNDHOG DAY BECAUSE YOUR TEAM IS IN A DEEP HOLE

Peyton who?

2014-02-0215_39_31.gif

Possibly the worst superbowl ever, even the halftime show sucked :lol: Plus we didn't even get the see the $4m ad's over in the UK!

When the coin toss was fumbled I knew it was a bad omen. Luckily Broncos escape being the only team to ever score nothing in a Superbowl.

Last edited:
Possibly the worst superbowl ever, even the halftime show sucked :lol: Plus we didn't even get the see the $4m ad's over in the UK!

When the coin toss was fumbled I knew it was a bad omen. Luckily Broncos escape being the only team to ever score nothing in a Superbowl.
Wasn't fumbled :lol:. Namath decided to flip the coin before Seattle made its decision. It was ridiculously comical. Then again, Namath looked comical.

Wasn't fumbled :lol:. Namath decided to flip the coin before Seattle made its decision. It was ridiculously comical. Then again, Namath looked comical.

The big fail here was the ref giving a guy dressed like that a coin before asking heads or tails :lol: It was quite funny.

article-0-1B29635300000578-441_634x748.jpg

So much for having possibly the best offense of the era...they weren't so much an offense as a bunch of also-rans out there, the Broncos.

All credit to the Seahawks though. They deserved a championship...I just wish it wasn't this one.

Manning is one of the greatest ever still, but the records still say just one Super Bowl - against a team with a deeply suspect QB and with their returner as their best player. Perhaps the best regular season quarterback ever. I mean how else does he win 5 MVPs. But probably the most painful post-season quarterback ever. Which is why he's lost the most post-season games ever. And that's why he probably won't be the best quarterback ever, period. Unless...next year...

Draft a CB immediately. I think Champ Bailey's time is up...it isn't 2005 anymore, we're better than that.

So much for having possibly the best offense of the era...they weren't so much an offense as a bunch of also-rans out there, the Broncos.

All credit to the Seahawks though. They deserved a championship...I just wish it wasn't this one.

Manning is one of the greatest ever still, but the records still say just one Super Bowl - against a team with a deeply suspect QB and with their returner as their best player. Perhaps the best regular season quarterback ever. I mean how else does he win 5 MVPs. But probably the most painful post-season quarterback ever. Which is why he's lost the most post-season games ever. And that's why he probably won't be the best quarterback ever, period. Unless...next year...
He needed more than this to be the best ever. Unitas and Montana are still ahead of him. Brady I have to put slightly ahead. He is 4th definitely and I would rank him ahead of Marino, Favre, Young and others.

Last night's Super Bowl was pretty awful all around. It was not a good game to watch. The commercials were mediocre. Halftime was a big meh.

Analyzing game footage for hours and collecting data. The reason the Broncos did so bad on offense was Peyton did not say "Omaha" enough.
Or good Seahawks defense, either or.

With authority and absolution, the Seattle Seahawks decisively dropped Denver 43-8. Seattle came to play last night. Even Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers came to play last night. Denver... not so much. What I disagree with are all the people who talk about Peyton Manning like he's some aging QB incapable of getting the job done anymore. Take it as a Texans fan- who had to see Peyton under center for Indianapolis in division games- he's still got it. Just that, some people talk about him like he's not as good anymore. I think someone from the CBS Sports Network wrote that Peyton Manning would not be one of the best if he lost Super Bowl XLVIII to Seattle. People who jump on Peyton Manning... stop. He's one of the finest QBs of this generation. R. Wilson is surely the future, but Peyton is still an amazing QB.

32 teams had the same dream. The better teams played their way for a chance at the Lombardi Trophy; the worse teams fell apart and watched their dreams and grasp go away and vanish into thin air. Playoffs whittled down the better teams until two teams were left standing. And when those two contested for the same prize, it was Seattle who shown to be the best of all.

So ends another season of NFL football. All that's next is the NFL Draft followed by getting ready for the 2014 season with the Preseason matches in August followed by the proper start of the season in September. All I know is that every team- even my vastly disappointing 2013 Texans- will be looking up at Seattle saying and thinking, "we're next. Enjoy your championship because we (and every other team) want what you won at the previous season's Super Bowl!"

Congratulations to both Seattle and Denver on seasons well done.

So much win last night... I'm still getting over it. My girl and I were screaming our heads off the whole time. We wanted to make sure they could hear us all the way on the east coast.
12th Man for life.

12s into first half: safety
12s into second half: kick return for a touchdown
coincidence? :P (fastest score in SB history, BTW)

Also, not that it matters, but I totally called the MVP. I know it's stereotypical to pick a QB, but Malcolm played one hell of a game, and the kid deserved it. Just remember, the Seattle special teams and defense BOTH outscored the Denver offense. But my boys brought home the hardware. Congrats to the greatest team in the world. Silenced all the haters, no one can talk down on us now.

Manning ' s problem was Seattle plays the type of defense that typically gives him problems. So it turned out to be great match for Seattle defense a timing, rhythm offense with an immobile QB.

12s into second half: kick return for a touchdown
coincidence? :P (fastest score in SB history, BTW).

Jacoby Jones did the same thing last year, and the clock, as he crossed the goal line, stopped at 14:49 = 11 seconds ;-)

Back