NFS Shift 2 Unleashed - Details

• Thread starter LittleLefty
  • 2,278 comments
GTP_RyRyWright
I'm not sure if anyone has found this on the web but I just stumbled on to a story or blog about SHIFT 2 being released in 2011, here is the first paragraph and the link to the story.

A pair of LinkedIn profiles suggests that at least two Need for Speed titles will be released next year. According to the profile page of programmer Chris Mcclure, he was at NFS: Shift developer Sightly Mad Studios from August 2009 – February 2010 where he "worked on new open world technology but also worked on Need For Speed Shift too." Cleverly, Mcclure altered this statement today from "... but also worked on Need For Speed Shift 2" after his apparent reveal was spotted by superannuation

Link to the article

Well, we already know that there's another Need for Speed coming out Q1 of 2011, so, I guess it could be a NFS Shift 2, but I think it's more likely to be Underground 3 or something like that. From the context, it seemed like the guy was working on new open world technology, but that the guy also worked on Shift. (BTW, the Open world thing could refer to World)

He worked directly for SMS rather than EA/EA Canada/Black Box, titled as "programmer".

Though they did use a pretty open model of contractors worldwide for SMS staff...

This has now officially been confirmed. Gamespot announced that EA announced that Crysis 2 and NFS Shift 2 were both due out in Q1 2011.

Shift 2 is being developed by Black Box, not Criterion. Burnout 6 (BO5 was Paradise), will be out next year sometime, I suspect...unless Criterion is tasked with taking over the NFS franchise.

Shift 2 is being developed by Black Box, not Criterion. Burnout 6 (BO5 was Paradise), will be out next year sometime, I suspect...unless Criterion is tasked with taking over the NFS franchise.

Yes I know, Shift 2 is being made by the same studio that did Shift, Slightly Mad Studios. Thats why I said sometime in 2011 as Hot Pursuit will come out in 2010.

All the information I found on shift 2 is that it will be developed by EA Black box and not SMS.

As Tom said, has to be Q4 as that's when EA tends to release their yearly NFS games. Releasing Shift 2 in Q1 being close to Hot Pursuit's release in November wouldn't be a good move.

EA said a while ago that they are combining two franchises under the NFS brand: one being arcade, the other more realistic with a release every second year. So "Shift 2" is due for 2011 while Hot Pursuit is scheduled for the end of this year.

Probably for Shift 2, they'll pinch the good ideas from Codemaster's and PD's recent titles, as they always do, and make a decent game with a few nice touches.

Myself, I'm looking forward to Shift 2 very much.

"Senior programmer Chris Mcclure's profile on LinkedIn said he worked on Need for Speed: SHIFT 2 while at UK developer Slightly Mad Studios" Quoted from Eurogamer.

I'm quited pleased to hear theres a sequel for Shift so I guess they are going to fix all the mistakes they did and simply make it a "simulation only" game like GT and FM.

I know they dev can make that but EA's head is over them so they do what they tell them and that's how I estimate it. I might be right. I might be wrong.

No, but seriously Shift 2 should be as good as GT and FM but a mixed arcade-sim doesn't work.

and 👍👍👍

I'm quited pleased to hear theres a sequel for Shift so I guess they are going to fix all the mistakes they did and simply make it a "simulation only" game like GT and FM.

And ruin a perfectly good and happy in-between game? But best not to go there - again :nervous:

Read the post again...I WAS ABOUT TO SAY how are they going to pull that off.

By commissioning the development to two separate teams? But that's old news, really.

Can't make out your point you were trying to make.

Meh. Fix some bugs, polish up the handling and tuning models, add in some features (better support for longer races and proper 'seasons', pitstops, weather maybe), and it could be a very good game. Better livery editor, some AI improvements, some more interesting cars, few more tracks etc etc...

In many ways, GT5 is going to have to be absolutely incredible to live up to the hype PD have spent _years_ engineering. Other sim-like racing game developers can probably be pretty confident at this stage because of this. Sure, they're not going to create a game with better polygon counts, but that's not all that matters ...

from the beta impressions of almost all those that have played it, GT5 seems to be more than just a pretty racing game. I'm looking forward to it as usual. GT has a place in my heart always. The feel, the sound the sights of GT is second to none. GT to me has always been as close to reality for a console racing game.

I sure hope that shift 2 is a lie
it was one of the worst games of nfs
nfshp3 now we talking

If you don't like than don't get it. There is a game called Naughty Bear and I don't care about it.

If you don't like than don't get it. There is a game called Naughty Bear and I don't care about it.

He's a troll, he started a thread in the Forza section just to say Forza copied every other racer and he hates it...

Anywho, I'm really exited for Shift 2. I enjoyed the first one, but I do hope they tweak the physics engine. It feels weird having the mix between arcade and simulation, but overall I think it is the best Need for Speed in years.

Parker

He's a troll, he started a thread in the Forza section just to say Forza copied every other racer and he hates it...

Anywho, I'm really exited for Shift 2. I enjoyed the first one, but I do hope they tweak the physics engine. It feels weird having the mix between arcade and simulation, but overall I think it is the best Need for Speed in years.

Parker

Yeah I seen his other random posts giving out about it. God help us when he gets F1 2010. I'm not really excited for shift 2. I might get it , but it won't be anything compared to Gran Turismo 5 or F1 2010. I wish we were still talking about naughty bear.:lol:

Shift can become a lot better if they don't hide their real physics engine and get rid of the performance problems (PS3).

quote, I think the best thing they can do for their arcade /simulatuion purpose is to create 2 completely different physics like in GT5P where standard phisics is totally different (and easier) from the pro one. (Of course I prefer pro)

Shift for me was one of the best racing games during last 2 years! So i am curious if this is true about Shift 2 if it is, then definitely I am going to play! GT5 is not my main target but the whole world of best vid racers is going to play so am i

Shift for me was one of the best racing games during last 2 years! So i am curious if this is true about Shift 2 if it is, then definitely I am going to play! GT5 is not my main target but the whole world of best vid racers is going to play so am i

So is this the great Lefty? Oh no that’s me, or is this the Great SHIFT Champion "arvore"? Oh right it's "erovra", or is it "qirex", no it must be "skodaGTP", no no I'm wrong I think it's "treky". Man this is a fun game, lets see Oh thats right I's "the banned one" "darkos". Dude I was always one of the few people who gave you a little respect and now you step on me like this? I think you should have used a more proper name when you came slithering out of what ever it is, dark hole that you slithered out of. I vote that your next name should be "Richard Head" you’ll be lucky if you last the day, say hi to Beelzebub And Hitler.

Back