NFS Shift 2 Unleashed - Details

• Thread starter LittleLefty
  • 2,278 comments
I have to turn on the mirror in the HUD every single time I start a race. It's getting old.
It did stick last night when I was doing a series of 3 races.. maybe it'll still be on when I play again this evening.

My aids/difficulty have stuck since the beginning though.

Go to options in the main menu, I think it's the gameplay one, and then change the HUD to include the mirror.

Go to options in the main menu, I think it's the gameplay one, and then change the HUD to include the mirror.

Yep, I did that. I'm pretty sure I had done it a few times before, buy maybe I forgot to save the changes.

Perhaps that's why it finally stuck. I'll see when I get home.

Yep, I did that. I'm pretty sure I had done it a few times before, buy maybe I forgot to save the changes.

Perhaps that's why it finally stuck. I'll see when I get home.

I think you have to hit start to save, not just back out. I know when you tune, adjust wheel settings, and controls you have to manually save, it won't just do it on it's own...

I have to turn on the mirror in the HUD every single time I start a race. It's getting old.
It did stick last night when I was doing a series of 3 races.. maybe it'll still be on when I play again this evening.

My aids/difficulty have stuck since the beginning though.

Mirror: every car, I think, you have to turn it on individually. I've noticed that once I do it for some car, it stays on, but when I get a new car, it's off by default.

FuriousDemon
Mirror: every car, I think, you have to turn it on individually. I've noticed that once I do it for some car, it stays on, but when I get a new car, it's off by default.

Grrrrrr..........

I thought that was the case, but I think I've set it to "on" in the same car a few times. As said above, you do have to press "start" to save, and not just back out. I know I did that wrong the first few times, but I've been extra careful with it, remembering to save, so hopefully everything is correct now and I've just been screwing it up. :grumpy:

Also, I really hope GTP keeps the awesome new smiley. :grumpy:

Considering what day it is, I am on the fence a bit...but that's too well put together for it to be a joke. Not even the LoZ movie trailer was done that well.

It cant be fake, what other game has them enviroments

Yellow F1 road car! Backfire animations, and (finally) active-aero!

I'm sorry, what were you saying? :P

--------

Get back on topic! Yes, I'm mostly talking to myself.

Forza vid @ 0.24 Transfargan road. Not sure if thats how its spelt.

Is It?

On topic.

Shift 2.

i really wanna join the "i am able to play forza club". i even would buy a xbox (which i always refused so far, sry, no offense :x ). but why the hell doesn´t microsoft support the g27 wheel. don´t get it. just to sell more of those crappy microsoft racing wheel child toys (i mean the microsoft one, not fanatec or any other supported. don´t get me wrong)? ok, mby there´s a contract with fanatec as well. but i really don´t wanna spend another 250-350€ (+ another 100 for clubsports i guess) for a second wheel setup just for one game. even if it kicks ass.

sry for offtopic..

btt: will wait for a patch and then mby get shift2. was disappointed big time of shift1 so i´m undecided..

i really wanna join the "i am able to play forza club". i even would buy a xbox (which i always refused so far, sry, no offense :x ). but why the hell doesn´t microsoft support the g27 wheel. don´t get it. just to sell more of those crappy microsoft racing wheel child toys (i mean the microsoft one, not fanatec or any other supported. don´t get me wrong)? ok, mby there´s a contract with fanatec as well. but i really don´t wanna spend another 250-350€ (+ another 100 for clubsports i guess) for a second wheel setup just for one game. even if it kicks ass.

sry for offtopic..

The 360 has a totally different FFB system than PS3/PC, which is why you need a dongle for the Fanatec wheels to work on both.

Reminds me the Huyara trailer for S2.... lot of hype, but a total lie at the end (sound)... let's wait the final gameplay before to jump of the roof, the XB360 was already on her knees with F3, I don't know how they could inject all these goodies in the code without big "side effects" (like very LOW LOD during gameplay on F3)...

The 360 has a totally different FFB system than PS3/PC, which is why you need a dongle for the Fanatec wheels to work on both.

Sorry Justin. My wheel to PS3 is USB. It can be Donglefied if you want.

so i need to spend even more money for one game? what does that dongle cost?

saw that test on isr of the converter for the g27. but that one doesn´t give you proper ffb, so it´s not worth it

Last edited:
Reminds me the Huyara trailer for S2.... lot of hype, but a total lie at the end (sound)... let's wait the final gameplay before to jump of the roof, the XB360 was already on her knees with F3, I don't know how they could inject all these goodies in the code without big "side effects" (like very LOW LOD during gameplay on F3)...

Except the only real difference is Forza doesn't cue up the audio for trailers (cinematics, definitely) but watch any DLC trailer, watch any of the pre-release in-game trailers. The audio for the cars are either spot on to the in-game representation, or actually worse because all of the sounds are jumbled together.

-------

On topic, why are the railings magnetic? That's annoying me and so is the entire Miami location.

so i need to spend even more money for one game? what does that dongle cost?

saw that test on isr of the converter for the g27. but that one doesn´t give you proper ffb, so it´s not worth it

The Fanatec GT2 works by wireless to Xbox and USB to PS3.

You can buy a Dongle for your PS3 if you want.

Hence, Donglefying your PS3 system.

*Donglefying and Donglefied*. (Copyright Spagetti69. 2011).

Forza vid looked good, but cars still looked to be 'floating' on the track. It was like that in all Forza's before. In gameplay it's not that noticeable, if you're in front- but being behind someone it just doesn't look like it's as real as it should be. Kinda like the cars aren't really on track. The lighting was kinda dull on Forza as well. Besides that it's decent enough to be compared to GT5. It probably offers much more customization and all that. But graphics wise I don't see from that video anything better than GT5. Shift2 is about the same IMO. Cool cars, cool customization, cool races, not as cool graphics in the races. The sense of speed is fine and all that, but it's not very realistic. But whatever, it's just a different game. They all do things their own way.

What the fuc -- why does this game keep ripping me the hell off?

Since Lv. 18 I haven't banked any of the reward credits; just made Lv. 19 and guess what? None of that 400k made it to me. I'm so close to just packing this thing up and getting back to FM3.

Hi guys. I purchased NFS Shift 2 on release, which I think this game is great. However, I'm having a problem with this game which I have not found a solution to. In game, it seems I have a problem with my force feedback during career mode. During the race, it's as if the wheel is still "locked" as it would be on the game menu. Therefore, I have to use force to turn my wheel while in game. When I play this game in quick race mode, where the race starts on a rolling start, my force feedback settings actually work according to my settings in the options menu. I use a Logitech G27 wheel with this game, and I didn't seem to have this problem while playing NFS Shift 1. Please, if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Hi guys. I purchased NFS Shift 2 on release, which I think this game is great. However, I'm having a problem with this game which I have not found a solution to. In game, it seems I have a problem with my force feedback during career mode. During the race, it's as if the wheel is still "locked" as it would be on the game menu. Therefore, I have to use force to turn my wheel while in game. When I play this game in quick race mode, where the race starts on a rolling start, my force feedback settings actually work according to my settings in the options menu. I use a Logitech G27 wheel with this game, and I didn't seem to have this problem while playing NFS Shift 1. Please, if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

You've actually got it backwards. There is a known bug when there is a rolling start FFB becomes 'weak'. Thing is, if its too strong you can al was adjust your settings for normal race, but during rolling starts the wheel just has no feedback whatsoever. I hope they fix it because now during the rolling start I have to pause the game and get 'full' force feedback. So again, when you feel its locked, that's the way it should be and if its too strong for you, you can always adjust the game settings, but during rolling starts its bugged to be weak, unless you pause/unpause the game.

Latest Posts

Back