NFS-Shift GTP Racing League Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another opinion:idea:
Maybe take the quicker and slower lap times of the weekends races to determine the week aheads lobbys? 1 Fast lobby & 1 Faster lobby. This way we'll get really close racing. Just a thought.
:D: đź‘Ť

I think someone suggested something like that before and I resisted doing it at the time... but in some ways it would actually be more fair to everyone and would probably contribute more competitive racing for both lobbies.

I think my fear originally was that I didn't want to divide up the League into two seperate "classes", but if it's recalculated each week by our previous weeks' lap times then that wouldn't really be the case. It would probably change every week...

Let me think about it some more, but that may not be a bad idea. I'd like to hear other people's opinions...

Thanks Jay.

I think it is a good idea!
But in this way "fast" racers can't learn from "faster" racers (ideal turning line, turning speed, etc.) but it would couse closer races it is true.
And what about the results? "fast" racers can get the same point as "fasters" after 3 race? Just think about it, it can happen: a "fast" driver can beat a "faster" on the final scoretable even if he is slower...

I see your point but lobbys should change each week.
Example: I came near the back of the pack in races 1&2 on sunday but 1st on race3 some people are better on some tracks than others or if people are just having a bad day.

IT's not the quickest way round a track that wins races it watching people lines, were they brake. If your on somebody's bumper and they brake you've got to brake before them (because of thinking /reaction times) or you've just put both of you on the grass. Or you can take a different line than the man in front to gain an advantage
brands hatch 4.0 race is a perfect example of this I chased Femki for a number of laps to find his weekness before making my move at turn 2.
also the Brands hatch lotus (race 2 part 2) Me and Aldo overtaking each other using different lines to gain speed and the advantage in the same car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3770003&postcount=877

I'm with mohamu, think of golf and their handicap system. It allows newcomers to be just as competitive as seasoned vets on the scoreboard. Honestly, I love chasing people and trading positions rather than seeing someone outpace the grid by 30 seconds. Two lobbies would possibly accomplish that. It's worth a try at least. If it's not working, go back to random assignments.

However, closer racing means closer racing, more bumps, and well... people going off track and the potential for tempers flaring.

Example: I came near the back of the pack in races 1&2 on sunday but 1st on race3 some people are better on some tracks than others or if people are just having a bad day.

IT's not the quickest way round a track that wins races it watching people lines, were they brake. If your on somebody's bumper and they brake you've got to brake before them (because of thinking /reaction times) or you've just put both of you on the grass. Or you can take a different line than the man in front to gain an advantage
brands hatch 4.0 race is a perfect example of this I chased Femki for a number of laps to find his weekness before making my move at turn 2.
also the Brands hatch lotus (race 2 part 2) Me and Aldo overtaking each other using different lines to gain speed and the advantage in the same car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3770003&postcount=877

I see.
Firs of all: I do not feel myself as a decision maker in this problem, I'm just trying to find out a solution for your proposition.:)

So if I can offer something: It would be good to make time-trial races on friday. There you can see how fast are the players. Or is this so complicated?
Should we try it this week out of the season?

ps.:I do not want to get in conflict with the organizers, they have my biggest respect! :bowdown: I'm just thinking loud:)

I think my fear originally was that I didn't want to divide up the League into two seperate "classes"
It wouldn't necessarily be to classes just lobby A&B
Femki
Honestly, I love chasing people and trading positions
lol Me to.
Mohamu
It would be good to make time-trial races on friday. There you can see how fast are the players.
A normal race shows this. It's different on a open track with little/no pressure. (Just my opinion)

Just another opinion:idea:
Maybe take the quicker and slower lap times of the weekends races to determine the week aheads lobbys? 1 Fast lobby & 1 Faster lobby. This way we'll get really close racing. Just a thought.
:D: đź‘Ť

We've tried this as an idea and no one like it.

I always wonder this, there was two lobby's, around 16 racers each Saturday race the same car, the same track points where given for winners but why this one extra point for fastest lap was given to two players, from both lobby's. Where there is only one fastest lap.

Don't give me answer like .... Oh because there was two lobbies, and there was two laps. Seriously??!! So how's mine 1:25:100 from lobby A is comparing to arvore 1:24:900 from lobby B. There were really two fastest laps :confused:??

We've tried this as an idea and no one like it.

I always wonder this, there was two lobby's, around 16 racers each Saturday race the same car, the same track points where given for winners but why this one extra point for fastest lap was given to two players, from both lobby's. Where there is only one fastest lap.

Don't give me answer like .... Oh because there was two lobbies, and there was two laps. Seriously??!! So how's mine 1:25:100 from lobby A is comparing to arvore 1:24:900 from lobby B. There were really two fastest laps :confused:??

Don't forget the reraces to.
thefast1
Not if the OUTLAW shows up and eats them for his dinner
mmmmmm rabbit & turtle stew.

You will have to catch the rabbit first!!! I imagine turtle is a bit to chewy.

The Rabbit is the easiest to catch.
Look for it near the chequered flag.....sleeping...while the intelligent Turtle crosses the finish line after running in to the Outlaw in the Canyon.

Guess this is the GTPs version of the Hare, the Tortoise and the Outlaw.

I think as long as we have several people from each lobby photographing the race results each weekend this will be a workable option.

What I would like to avoid is me having to beg people from the other lobby to post the results. This can happen when the person taking the photos gets diconnected. At that point it sometimes becomes a major headache just to find out the finishing order and who got fast lap, let alone the actual fastest lap of each participant. I don't mind adding the extra step of totalling up everyones' lap times as long as I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to find out what they are.

I'm with mohamu, think of golf and their handicap system. It allows newcomers to be just as competitive as seasoned vets on the scoreboard. Honestly, I love chasing people and trading positions rather than seeing someone outpace the grid by 30 seconds. Two lobbies would possibly accomplish that. It's worth a try at least. If it's not working, go back to random assignments.

However, closer racing means closer racing, more bumps, and well... people going off track and the potential for tempers flaring.

Yes, this is always my biggest concern. The games problems with lag, car positioning and collision detection combined with an inability for some of us (who use wheel/pedals) to look left or right, make certain there will always be collisions. I've tried to add rules to try to minimise unwise moves, but there is really no rule that's going to make up for the flaws in the game.

I think people are going to have to be a little more tolerant of the occasional bump or nudge in Season 3. Knowing that we are all trying to run clean races we have to assume that 90+% of the time the other guy didn't even know he hit you.

Ok guys I need your help I would like some of you to post your car in post section so I can play with a banner inspired by manny's GT3 picture and a bit of time on my hands this is a 5 minute job the finished result will have full background ect and loads of cars. If Manny doesn't mind.
5nrtdw.jpg

Or if anybody wants a custom avatar

Last edited:
Ok guys I need your help I would like some of you to post your car in post section so I can play with a banner inspired by manny's GT3 picture and a bit of time on my hands this is a 5 minute job the finished result will have full background ect and loads of cars. If Manny doesn't mind.
5nrtdw.jpg

sweet I will have to make one up as I lost all my best ones when I lost my game save.
The best one I have is the evo and that has 🤬 YOU down the side of it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind adding the extra step of totalling up everyones' lap times as long as I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to find out what they are.

Perhaps you should delegate some of the work. Make it part of group assignments...someone new from each group every week could be responsible for collecting the results and sending them to you.

I think people are going to have to be a little more tolerant of the occasional bump or nudge in Season 3. Knowing that we are all trying to run clean races we have to assume that 90+% of the time the other guy didn't even know he hit you.

My feelings exactly. We've all practiced or raced together to know that bumps/taps/nudges are not intentional. YOU KNOW when it's intentional and if you don't.. race some public lobbies for a while :). I'm surprised when little spats erupt from a little rubbing.

If there's 10 racers, take the top 5 times in one lobby and the remaining in another lobby? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

If there's 10 racers, take the top 5 times in one lobby and the remaining in another lobby? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Somthing like that start random as we do pick 1 of the 3 races (chose by the manny before it's started) and use the best lap times to set out next weeks lobbys fastest to slowest split into two equal groups. At the end of day all of our best lap times are pretty close with the exception of the ones who do stupidly quick laps in stupid cars on stupid tracks.

My mind instantly went to my pink GAYARDO with the "Rabbit in the Crosshairs" on the side of it... but... I'm not sure I want that kind of publicity. :lol:

That sounds good Jay, thanks. I'll post something when I get home... đź‘Ť

with the exception of the ones who do stupidly quick laps in stupid cars on stupid tracks.
:lol::lol::lol: HOG at Ambush in the R8! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: HOG at Ambush in the R8! :lol:[/QUOTE]

:mischievous::sly:

I like the idea of splitting the groups based on the lap times its like a mini qualifier, and even the fastest of us have our bad weeks our bad tracks and our bad cars so its not like were always going to have the same people in each group each time it's going to be mixing it up.

And if I am totally honest having a faster lobby and a slower lobby would not bother me even if I was in the slower lobby in fact I would rather prefer to be in the slower lobby as it would give me somthing to work my way up through give me incentive to keep pushing the limit further and further untill I reach the limits or i find new limits to chase after, that's what its all about for me in any thing I do in life I just love to push the boat out see how far I can take things and its no different for me racing the league I love seeing how far I can push the limits but unfortunately it looks like I am starting to find the limits of shifts capability.đź‘Ž

But any way is fine with me as long as we get to race I am happy ITS ALL GOOOOOD IN THE HOOD as they say.:)

Ok the two group thing doesn't bother me, even though I know which group I would most likely fall in. But I say keep it simple. I like the idea of just basing it off the previous weeks lap times. Pic and random race and take the top 7 lap times from both lobbies. No one knows what race will be picked, it's more about performing well in all races. No fuss and no qualifying. Of course the first race of the season would be random groups. No extra work for anyone except Manny of course, hopefully it will be just looking at a few pics. Anyway, thats my vote, if I have a vote.

If it aint broken why fix it?

+1:tup:

Lads ear the voice of wisdom of eldery people.:P;)

Hey SteveO, put your teeth back in and hand me my walker and cataract sunglasses would you? damn kids...

:P:lol::lol:

Manny my friend don't be sad it seems aging refines one's racing skills:)...err...this rule doesn't apply to StevO,unless, of course, if Collete or ANDREA had taken his seat...:P:lol:;):cool:

Last edited:
Ok the two group thing doesn't bother me, even though I know which group I would most likely fall in. But I say keep it simple. I like the idea of just basing it off the previous weeks lap times. Pic and random race and take the top 7 lap times from both lobbies. No one knows what race will be picked, it's more about performing well in all races. No fuss and no qualifying. Of course the first race of the season would be random groups. No extra work for anyone except Manny of course, hopefully it will be just looking at a few pics. Anyway, thats my vote, if I have a vote.

If it aint broken why fix it?

+1:tup:

Lads ear the voice of wisdom of eldery people.:P;)

Hey SteveO, put your teeth back in and hand me my walker and cataract sunglasses would you? damn kids...:lol:

Hi, was wondering if i could join this league, looks very good! can you add me chaperz_19 and let me know please? Thankyou...

Truly one of the most amazing lap times ever recorded, I practiced hard to get down to 123.9 and I thought I did the perfect lap :scared:

I did it becase of the CCX get to grips with that car in standard tune and you can get to grips with any car in the game no matter how much it jumps around.
I love driving the ccx its like a wild bull throwing its front end into the air and lighting up the back wheels with the power.:)

Hey guys if any of you like me and nitrovirus like a bit of power sliding round tracks try the tier 1 skyline GT is so much fun getting it side ways round he track I built one up for addictions wall post but for some reason my photos are not loading up to needforspeed.com for some reason.

I did it becase of the CCX get to grips with that car in standard tune and you can get to grips with any car in the game no matter how much it jumps around.
I love driving the ccx its like a wild bull throwing its front end into the air and lighting up the back wheels with the power.:)

Hey guys if any of you like me and nitrovirus like a bit of power sliding round tracks try the tier 1 skyline GT is so much fun getting it side ways round he track I built one up for addictions wall post but for some reason my photos are not loading up to needforspeed.com for some reason.

I've got the same problem on needforspeed.com:(

Interesting answer, I was guessing you had perfected the shifting and engine braking for Ambush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back