NHL 2009-2010 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 72 comments
Holy Red Wings, won 7-1 tonight over the Sharks. The penalties towards the end were epic too! At one point San Jose had 4 guys in the box. If the Wings would have come out playing like this then we wouldn't be down 3-1 in the series.

And I hope to God that the Canadiens beat Pittsburgh!

And Red Wings Season is over. :grumpy: Oh well, its great that they got this far especially after how this year went earlier. --- Randy

I love the Canadiens right now, I hope they go all the way. That game was awesome, they played with heart and with a ton of confidence.

Hal Gill tried his hardest to blow the game for the Habs. Man, he's terrible.

As a Maple Leafs fan living in Pittsburgh, I'm not sure how to feel. I definitely hate the Pens more than the Habs due to all of the obnoxious fair weather pens fans these days, but I can't stand Montreal either since I'm a Leafs fan. Oh well.

I just hope whoever wins the West takes the cup this year, can't really stomach cheering for Boston or Philly, either.

I hope the Sabres can win, so that in the unlikely event that Montreal makes it to round two, they have a better chance of advancing. The Habs have absolutely no chance whatsoever against the Penguins, but I think they could give the Sabres some trouble.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!, love to say you are wrong, person from the past!
WE GOING TO DISNEY!, i mean... THE QUARTER FINALS!

Cheers from downtown its freaking popping tonight, riot squads in full effect. Party at the Bell Center tonight if u live in Montreal.

WOOOOOOO!!!!! damnnnnnnnn heres a litttle footage from LAST NIGHT DOWNTOWN MONTREAL!!!, and this is when we WIN!
Damn i love my city.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!, love to say you are wrong, person from the past!
WE GOING TO DISNEY!, i mean... THE QUARTER FINALS!

Cheers from downtown its freaking popping tonight, riot squads in full effect. Party at the Bell Center tonight if u live in Montreal.

You mean the conference finals?

This is shaping up great for the NHL, two of its biggest franchises are still in the running, and it's been at least 17 years since any one of those teams lifted the big trophy... In fact, 17 years for the Habs, 35 years for the Flyers, and 49 years for the Hawks.

Habs vs Hawks in the finals... Just like in 1971.

I refuse to root for the Habs until the local fans understand that rioting after a win is just plain retarded.

Remember that year when Montreal rioted after a first round win, only to be swept by Boston in round 2? Yeah I do, you all looked like idiots.

I actually was there on wednesday, and everything was going pretty well and in a relative calm yet happy manner, until a bunch of homeless kids decided to cause trouble... Yeah, those homeless punks you see hanging around Foufs on Ste-Cath, amongst other places. They're the ones who were doing trouble, and I've seen a few of them get beat down by fans before the police came.

In fact, none of the people arrested wednesday were actually at the Bell Centre during the game, ie the actual fans weren't the ones causing the trouble... for once. I guess they just saw that as the best opportunity to destroy everything, with the amount of people there.

Hey Fred are you a Habitant or Visiteur?

What people also have to understand is, most people arent rioting because of hockey, its other issues they have with police in general, witha poverty rate of 20% all around and some neighborhoods as high as 60% and up, theres alot of tension.

Sometimes theres "valid" riots like the ones in MTL North over police shooting to death an unarmed innocent 16 yr old who's brother happens to be known to police.(The 40-something-gth murder by Police on Civilians that resulted in the police getting acquitted, again for the 40 something-gth time)

Or the Concordia free speech riots when they decided not to let Isreali PM's speak, because of "potential Muslim backlashing" which is ******** propaganda against Muslims.

If we put our efforts to rally for something worthy, social changes, it would be great, but in Montreal the only time people gather for a common cause is Tamtams and Hockey games. Sad.

So exigeracer don't let our Riotiness Curb Your Enthusiasm for the Bleu Blanc Rouge.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Montreal, but currently living on the south shore...

So exigeracer don't let our Riotiness Curb Your Enthusiasm for the Bleu Blanc Rouge.

I've got a couple other reasons too. The bandwagoners are annoying (everyone I know is a Habs fan, a month and a half of the year) as well as some of the team's moves in the last decade and a half. The way they treated Brashier a couple years back was pathetic.

Flyers downed the Bruins. The 3-0 deficit to 4-3 comeback was completed last night. I don't watch hockey, but that's damned impressive of the Philadelphia Flyers. That's just absolutely awesome for the Flyers to get it done the way they did. Congratulations, Flyers!

I've got a couple other reasons too. The bandwagoners are annoying (everyone I know is a Habs fan, a month and a half of the year) as well as some of the team's moves in the last decade and a half. The way they treated Brashier a couple years back was pathetic.

Brashier or no Brashier the vibe and support here is unmatched, we want it back for the big 2-5.

Brashier or no Brashier the vibe and support here is unmatched, we want it back for the big 2-5.

I thought Brashier was pathetic unto himself. I lived in Vancouver when he was interfering in Hockey games for the Canucks. Not a fan.

I'm sorry, but Chicago shouldn't have two more goals right now. That last call on SJ wasn't needed, well didn't really happen. Neither one of teams are my favorites, but I don't like when a team losses because of a bad call. Even know SJ wasn't going to win overall, but still.

So the Hawks manage to do it. It's looking like a Chicago v. Philly Stanley Cup. I really want Chicago to win that one.

And ya I agree on the call but screw SJ, I've never liked that team and I'm glad they got swept.

I'm sorry, but Chicago shouldn't have two more goals right now. That last call on SJ wasn't needed, well didn't really happen. Neither one of teams are my favorites, but I don't like when a team losses because of a bad call. Even know SJ wasn't going to win overall, but still.

That's irony at it's finest. (game 2 in Washington)

The "diving" penalties in game 5 in Montreal, the officiating in the Montreal Washington series was absolute garbage.

Les Habitants don't need your fair-weather support. They have more than enough already. I'm glad to see a Canadian team carry on.

Well I gave it to the Flyers and.........:sly:, just playin'.

I'm glad the Flyers though since I know Ron Hextall's nephew.

It's Midwest vs. New England. Congratulations to the (respective) Blackhawks and the Flyers. I don't really watch the NHL, but part of me wants to pull for the Blackhawks.

Tell it, GTPlanet- who wins and in how many games? If I had to guess, I'd probably say Chicago in six games (which is also what ESPN's Barry Melrose picked). How about you?

Back