NHL 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 389 comments
I don't follow the NBA, but is, "allstar player in the regular season, total mental collapses /chokes in the playoffs" an accurate description? Because that's Lou. That second goal against in game 6 was awful. An NHL goalie has to make that save. It's as simple as keeping your stick on the ice.

Thing with Luongo, he's damn good but not worth 5M against the (59M) salary cap. The Canucks are good enough that they could have played Schneider and traded Luongo away to further bolster their already stacked roster. They'd still be in the finals, and perhaps would have won the series already.

Game 7 tonight. 1-0 bruins. Let's all hope for another blowout.
Another 8-1 game would be a nice way to end the series.

Edit: 3-0 bruins!!!

Last edited:
Pretty amazing the Boston goalie, Tim Thomas, as he was skating onto the ice at the very start of pre-game warmup actually shot a puck into the Canuck's goal. Doing his best to keep tensions minimized obvioulsy ;)

Also for lolz here's Don Cherry's latest suit design. Just pure awesome :cheers:.
doncherrya.jpg

Ugggggh

...As much as I hate them, I congratulate the Bruins. They really put the smack down on the Canucks in games 6 and 7 when it counted. It's just.. uggh. Montreal was on the verge of eliminating them!

The only other thing I hope, is that this loss means the Canucks don't sign Bieksa, because he's a total badass and he'd be great on a first pairing beside Andrei Markov.

Edit: Hahahahaha, Bettman getting booed trying to present the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
🤬 Thomas, 🤬 Chara, 🤬 Paille, 🤬 Boychuk, 🤬 Marchand, 🤬 Julien.

🤬 the Bruins.

...As much as I hate them, I congratulate the Bruins. They really put the smack down on the Canucks in games 6 and 7 when it counted. It's just.. uggh. Montreal was on the verge of eliminating them!

The only other thing I hope, is that this loss means the Canucks don't sign Bieksa, because he's a total badass and he'd be great on a first pairing beside Andrei Markov.

Edit: Hahahahaha, Bettman getting booed trying to present the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup.

Anyone wanna see some Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens during the playoffs?

The Canadiens would get spanked.

Idiots in Vancouver rioting now, flipping cars, the cops are out in riot gear now.

Apparently, one car was a Honda Civic. No big losses there.

Jokes aside though, it is quite scary as to what these people will do. Not to mention that I live quite close to Vancouver.

Apparently, one car was a Honda Civic. No big losses there.

Jokes aside though, it is quite scary as to what these people will do. Not to mention that I live quite close to Vancouver.

They're jumping on cop cars, big group brawls, tear gas, burning cars, damn.

Hope nobody innocent or from the VPD gets hurt. Can't say I'll feel sympathy if one of the morons burning cars and throwing bottles gets hurt.

They need Chara out there to stop it! :lol:

icelt
Pretty amazing the Boston goalie, Tim Thomas, as he was skating onto the ice at the very start of pre-game warmup actually shot a puck into the Canuck's goal. Doing his best to keep tensions minimized obvioulsy ;)

Also for lolz here's Don Cherry's latest suit design. Just pure awesome :cheers:.

Don Cherry is a pure i.diot. I'm in a win/win situation as i like both teams. Woul have be nice to see Vancouver wins too.

Riot for a sport loss. I will never understand why some people are so dumb. They're the biggest loser, with Luongo.

Riot for a sport loss. I will never understand why some people are so dumb. They're the biggest loser, with Luongo.

Like any major city, Vancouver has its share of idiots who need only the slightest excuse to get drunk and start trouble. The Stanley Cup finals just brings many of those idiots together in a smaller space where they can feed of each other.

As an ex-Vancouverite, I can't say I am surprised. Slightly disappointed, maybe.

What do the Vancouver Canucks and possums have in common?

-They play dead at home and get killed on the road

I thought it would have been Thomas with the outstanding post season he had, but Stamkos did quite well in the later rounds, and he's the new up and coming star so I can see why EA wanted to cash in.

Huge breaking news... The Flyers have traded Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets... Add Mike Richards to that list to the Kings...

Update on who they get.... Okay from Columbus they get Jakub Voracek, plus both the Blue Jackets first AND third round picks for THIS YEAR'S NHL Draft. Okay....

On the Kings deal with Mike Richards... they get.... prospect Brayden Schenn and forward Wayne Simmonds (Symmonds actually right?). They are trying to sign Goalie Ilya Bryzgalov from the Coyotes, so some money was needed to be freed up, and that's why they traded Carter. This could be very, very interesting starting July 1st.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's pretty crazy. I think they got a great deal from Columbus. Voracek, and a 1st and 3rd rounder? Larceny.

Bryzgalov is a bad contract. 9 years/51 million. 5.6M cap hit, not good.

Long contracts are always bad, Cough*Rick Dipietro*Cough. They are very risky, and are difficult to get out of. Bad move.

Canadiens re-sign Markov to three year contract worth $17.25 Million

I'm glad they've got a deal done before July 1st. 5.75M again, which I think is fair for the kind of player he is. Markov doesn't get enough credit, he's a premier defenseman in the NHL, and there's not many players like him around. It's a bit of a risk to sign for three years after his knee injuries, and now with the pesky over 35 rule we'll have trouble with the next contract, but I'm glad Markov's back. The fact of the matter is, Montreal's isn't good enough to not take a risk here. To let him walk would be the safe option, but the safe option has had the Canadiens spinning their tires in the first two rounds of the playoffs, with the exception of Halak, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gill, and Gorges carrying the team to the ECF in 2010.

Sorry for not posting about the folling sonner...
Game 7 tonight. 1-0 bruins. Let's all hope for another blowout.
Another 8-1 game would be a nice way to end the series.

Edit: 3-0 bruins!!!
With all due respect, in the humble opinion of this somewhat casual observer I'd be booing the Bruins and Canucks as well for a Game 7 that totally failed to lived up to the level of drama that's expected for a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Finals.👎:guilty:

Sorry for not posting about the folling sonner...
With all due respect, in the humble opinion of this somewhat casual observer I'd be booing the Bruins and Canucks as well for a Game 7 that totally failed to lived up to the level of drama that's expected for a Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Finals.👎:guilty:

I agree, it was a pretty lame final all around actually. Games 6 and 7 were pathetic.

Canucks were not playing well all series. All season long they forced other teams to try and play their style and to keep up with them. For whatever reason they stopped doing that in the final. Games 6 and 7 were atrocious.

Resigned Beksia today, 5 years at 4.6 million a year.

Free agency in 4 days :) Too bad the Canucks won't do anything.

Canucks were not playing well all series. All season long they forced other teams to try and play their style and to keep up with them. For whatever reason they stopped doing that in the final. Games 6 and 7 were atrocious.

Resigned Beksia today, 5 years at 4.6 million a year.

Free agency in 4 days :) Too bad the Canucks won't do anything.

The Canucks don't need to do much, the core is still there, and is more than capable of another cup run. Bieksa signing was a deal, I could see him getting 6M+ as a UFA. But I noticed that too, the Canucks stopped playing their style and tried to out goon the Bruins, which no team in the league can do.

Noob616
The Canucks don't need to do much, the core is still there, and is more than capable of another cup run. Bieksa signing was a deal, I could see him getting 6M+ as a UFA. But I noticed that too, the Canucks stopped playing their style and tried to out goon the Bruins, which no team in the league can do.

Well we just lost Ehroff.... Traded his rights to the Islanders for a 3rd round pick next year. He was wanting more money than Bieksa... Not a chance.

Back