NHL 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 389 comments
As a Vancouverite, and Canucks fan, even I have to agree with the league that the hit was brutal and uncalled for and has no place in the game. Dammit! I had to watch Brashear goon it up and then take a stick to the head by McSorley and then I had to watch Bertuzzi break someone's neck. The Canucks often make me tired of being a hockey fan.

I think the fact that he left his feet and went airborn is the main reason why they sent him home for the rest of the series and rightfully so! Still we lose our top line winger and they lose a 4th line scrub not a very fair trade off imo.

I'm glad the NHL suspended Rome. I'm hoping this kind of consistency continues, because if this sport ever wants to be better than #4 of the major sports (#6 including PGA//NASCAR) in the US, hits like Rome's need to stop.

Horay for Luongo! He's let up 9 goals in the last 2 games. Bruins are up 1-0!!! Go bruins!!

Edit: 3-0 come on Vancouver be smart and take Luongo out. At least make it a game. Things looking good for my bruins tonight.

Edit:4-0 Bye bye Luongo. He got benched. Poor guy. For some reason I don't feel sad.

Last edited:
Uh oh.

EDIT: Marchand's idiocy need to stop. And to think, he was one of the morons saying PK Subban needs to tone it down. Why are Marchand and Seguin allowed free reign as rookies but Subban gets flak for it?

I don't think you can fault Luongo on any of the goals, perhaps he could have had the first goal, but it was still a breakaway. Regardless, the Canucks need to step it up.

Last edited:
Any question of them "dropping a game" is out the door with that one. The B's have all the momentum, and Thomas is playing like a god.

I'm glad the NHL suspended Rome. I'm hoping this kind of consistency continues, because if this sport ever wants to be better than #4 of the major sports (#6 including PGA//NASCAR) in the US, hits like Rome's need to stop.
The NHL will continue to have the most wildly inconsistent officiating and supplementary discipline of the four major NA sports. I have no doubt about this.

As far as the Horton hit, it was late but it was a hockey play and not a targeting the head with an elbow, Rule 48 goon kinda thing. At the end of the day, Rome gets four games because he's Rome, and not a first-line star player, and because there was a stretcher wheeled out onto the ice.

This whole series has been a bit of an embarrassment to watch with all the after-the-whistle crap. Bruins fans will tell you every other team is full of divers, cheap shot artists, and say they play straight old time hockey then goon it up. Even Julien has scolded his guys publicly for being asshats with the finger thing.

Vancouver will lose the series if they keep getting drawn into playing chippy, rough hockey a la Boston, though.

Was that Burrows? LOL

Good 1st period; both goalies look on it, Canucks bringing some heavy hitting and really good pen killing.

Lucic is playing well :scared:

Real disappointed with the Bruins play today. Couldn't get it out of the defensive zone and into the offensive zone and just got sloppy which cost a goal. If it wasn't Thomas it'd be a few more goals too.

Kind of early, but who's your favorite for the Conn Smythe? I had a hard time coming up with an answer because no one has been consistent. Kesler had a great series against Nashville, but has shrunk against SJ and Boston. Sedin is leading in points, but he hasn't had that edge to his game. Honestly, my vote's with Tim Thomas, regardless of who wins. Any thoughts?

Kind of early, but who's your favorite for the Conn Smythe? I had a hard time coming up with an answer because no one has been consistent. Kesler had a great series against Nashville, but has shrunk against SJ and Boston. Sedin is leading in points, but he hasn't had that edge to his game. Honestly, my vote's with Tim Thomas, regardless of who wins. Any thoughts?
It HAS to go to Thomas. He has been remarkable.

My early Conn Smythe favourite was Bieksa, but now I'm not so sure. Bergeron would be a good candidate as well.

EDIT: Game 6 tonight. I think the Canucks will take home the cup tonight, 4-2 win with one goal being an empty netter.

Last edited:
Noob616
My early Conn Smythe favourite was Bieksa, but now I'm not so sure. Bergeron would be a good candidate as well.

EDIT: Game 6 tonight. I think the Canucks will take home the cup tonight, 4-2 win with one goal being an empty netter.

I think there will be a 7th game...1st period, 4-0, Where's Luongo? Maybe with Waldo....

Wow! I just got down started watching the game and it's 4-0 Bruins! Only 11 minutes into the game! If they keep playing at this pace the final score will be 24-0! Probly won't happen but we can all hope can't we?

Edit: Luongo is already out. If I were him I'd be angry.

Edit: 5-1 with 9 mins left. Game over. See you in Vancouver Luongo. To bad we haven't won there yet.

Last edited:
I never knew Boston switched to 24-hour time, but it's apparently 16 past Luongo. The question for Vancouver is do they start Schneider for Game 7?

I think vancouver just don't want to win the cul. They had such a great season and playoffs and they just can't score anymore. Like Boston is playing against Montreal. Another 8-1 game and I burn my Canucks jersey!

I think Schneider will start game 7. Luongo should have been pulled after 2 goals, it's not that I think the third was his fault, but if they pulled him after the second goal it could have changed the entire momentum of the game. Instead, they stuck to their guy, and pulled him later when it was too little, too late.

Actually, I don't either. I think he should, but we'll see.

At least Luongo has been playing well on Canadian soil over the last couple of weeks.
He has nothing on the current form of his opposite number though.

Ya Luongo has only given up 2 goals during the 3 games in Vancouver while he's given up 15 goals in Boston.

Luongo was trippin man. I want him to win because he was a panther. Hate all Boston teams.

Man the game was ugly. Game 7.. awesome. I will be DVRing that baby! :D --- Randy

I just don't get it... How can the games be so close when they play in Vancouver, but just total beat downs in Boston?

For what it's worth, the first goal shouldn't have gone in, that was short side, and that kind of shot shouldn't beat an NHL goalie. The second goal was just horrendous, keep your god damn stick on the ice. I think Lou should have been pulled right then and there. If he had have been pulled then, maybe it would have changed things. The third goal wasn't his fault at all, tip in from the point, not much he could do there. I just think they waited too long to yank him.

Anyways, if the Bruins win after all the crap they've pulled this year, I'm not going to be very happy. That hit Boychuk made last night was just moronic, and now Raymond's out for 3-4 months with a spinal fracture.

Back