NHL: 2014-2015 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnBM01, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

The Arizona Coyotes recently had their lease deal be denied. Not that I want to speculate anything drastic... but could this possibly be a move to have the Coyotes relocate to Seattle? Seattle has long been in the discussion in terms of expansion of the NHL. If this weird scenario plays out, could Seattle possibly have its NHL team in the form of a relocated team like when the Atlanta Thrashers relocated to Winnepeg and became the Jets? It's something to kind of think about since we have some time between now and Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Or do you think this will ever happen?

By the way, here is a blog post that kind of delivers further speculation on this situation perhaps triggering a possible Arizona Coyotes relocation to Seattle: http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/20...coyotes-make-their-way-to-seattle/#32980101=0

2. Sanji Himura

Sanji Himura

The Coyotes will move, but I don't think it will be to Seattle. It is a bit premature to think about moving talk while in the midst of the Stanley Cup finals.

3. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

The Stanley Cup Finals are tied at 2-2 with Game 5 to be played today. Now, the mind games begin. Whomever wins Game 5 will have a psychological advantage in the series. You force pressure on the other team to force a Game 7 as you try to close out the series and win the championship. Who'll gain that 3-2 advantage tonight in Tampa Bay between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the visiting Chicago Blackhawks? We'll find out tonight!

Good luck to Tampa Bay and Chicago.

Brutaka likes this.
  4. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Game 5 went to the Chicago Blackhawks in a 2-1 victory tonight in Tampa Bay.

Game 6 is on Monday in Chicago. Stanley Cup for Chicago, or one more day (and Game 7) for Tampa Bay?

5. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

The Stanley Cup Finals hit Game 6 tonight. It will be the final game in Chicago for this season; but will it also be the final game of the 2014-2015 season, especially if Chicago wins tonight? Or will Tampa Bay's season last one more day and force a Game 7 in Tampa Bay on Wednesday? Lord Stanley's Cup is on the line! Chicago has a chance to party all night long if they knock off Tampa Bay at home. Or, we may have Game 7 to determine once and for all who the champions are.

Interesting stat: Chicago's victories have all been 2-1 scores, and no game has been decided by more than one goal. Retrospective...
    G1: CHI at TB - 2-1, CHI
    G2: CHI at TB - 4-3, TB
    G3: TB at CHI - 3-2, TB
    G4: TB at CHI - 2-1, CHI
    G5: CHI at TB - 2-1. CHI
    G6: TB at CHI - ???

Heck of a series. Good luck to Tampa Bay and Chicago tonight. And if Chicago wins, congratulations on winning the Stanley Cup.

Brutaka likes this.
  6. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Party time in Chicago! The Chicago Blackhawks are your 2014-2015 season champions with a 2-0 victory at home against the Tampa Bay Lightning. So go play your favorite victory song if you're a Blackhawks fan. They'll be the ones hoising Lord Stanley's Cup, and it's the first time the cup will be hoisted in Chicago since 1938.

All congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup and becoming champions. "Celebrate good times, come on," right? Congratulations also to Tampa Bay on a great season themselves.

Adamgp, Brutaka and Ameer67 like this.
  7. Brutaka

Brutaka

HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN!!!!

fortbo and Adamgp like this.
  8. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Lord Stanley's Cup is what all 30 teams in the National Hockey League wanted to raise and become champions. Every team had an equal opportunity to prove themselves to be champions, or at least, show they can compete for a championship. Sixteen of those 30 were talented enough (or lucky enough) to show they were worthy of playing for the Stanley Cup. Eight of those 16 shown they are championship material. Four of those eight proven they are championship material. The two remaining teams of those four shown to be the best of what used to be a field of 16. Of these two, one team will live that championship dream come true. The other of the two will endure that nightmare of wondering what could have been. This season's champion is the Chicago Blackhawks.

No more games will be played this season. So with this time, we can always look back on this past season. You're free to talk about the season in general and what you maybe expect in the coming seasons. You could discuss things like hirings and firings. We can look back on players and others who retired. If you loved the New York Islanders playing at the Nassau Coliseum, you can share your memories of going there to see the Islanders play. The Islanders, of course, will now be playing their games at Barclays Center.

Lots to discuss from this past season. So if you're willing to look back or look ahead, you're free to do so.

9. PinkKitty13

PinkKitty13

Welp, Matt Cooke looks like he'll be gone next season, unfortunately... I'm actually a fan of his playing style, but the Wild need more cap room to hopefully sign Duuuubs and maybe Mikael Granlund. If Duuuubs doesn't get signed then Antti Niemi and Kari Ramo are both free agents. TBH I'd be fine if we didn' re-sign Granny and used him as bait to try and get another big centre from someone else

10. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I will admit. I've been watching a lot more hockey the past few years than I ever have. It has been pretty enjoyable watching a lot of games and seeing lots of teams. Part of me even cheered on the likes of Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, and other teams... all in support of my good mates hee on GTPlanet. I would probably be a bit more involved if Houston had an NHL team, but I do enjoy watching hockey. I even enjoyed following this season of NHL hockey.

I was trying to remember certain moments of this season, but I couldn't remember any of the more sad stories until I did a search. One part of this past season was the retirement of Martin Brodeur. His service to the NHL was surely special.