NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
Earlier tonight, the Washington Capitals won 2-1 to take a 3-1 series lead there. So the Rangers are one loss away from getting knocked out of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Tampa Bay beat Montreal by the same 2-1 score. The Lightning are now up 3-0 in their series.

Tomorrow night, it's MON at TB (Gm. 4, TB ahead 3-0) and CHI at MIN (Gm. 4, CHI ahead 3-0). In other words, one or two teams could be eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow night. Got to keep winning to avoid elimination and last one more day (at least).

I said one or two teams could be eliminated tonight... and one of them was.

Minnesota = "Contender Eliminated..."

Sorry to Wild Nation. They put up a heck of a fight late in Game 4, but just not enough to at least force Overtime. Chicago is one step away from playing for Lord Stanley's Cup.

In the other game on tonight, Montreal overrated Tampa Bay to last one more day. It was a 6-2 thrashing by the Habs at Tampa Bay. The Canadiens will have to keep winning to avoid being eliminated.

And that's that. Have to see how the other playoff games are handled and who all advances.

I guess time to change the pic... Not a happy evening, but the last 2min or so were slightly insane. Next season will be better. It has to be. We can't keep getting stuck in the 2nd round. It's just un-acceptable.:banghead:

I seriously need to get NBC sports. Being forced to not be able to watch hockey since I don't have NBC Sports sucks.

Right now, NBC Sports Network is showing Capitals at Rangers. There is currently no score in the 2nd Period with about 4:33 left. After the WSH at NYR game, NBCSN will show the Anaheim Ducks at the Calgary Flames.

[UPDATE] WSH at NYR, not NYR at WSH.

Last edited:
That was the best game of the rangers/capitals series so far(2-1 NYR in OT) and it's been the best series so far imo. Wow what a game, makes it hard to get into watching the ducks/flames lol.

The Rangers took down the Capitals 2-1 in Overtime at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers survive one more day as they are behind 3-2 in the series. In Calgary, the Anaheim Ducks iced the Calgary Flames 4-2. ANA leads that series 3-1.

Congratulations to both the Rangers and the Ducks.

Calgary = "Contender eliminated..."

Anaheim won this ANA-CGY by winning 3-2 in Overtime against the Calgary Flames. So your Western Conference Final will be the Anaheim Ducks and the Chicago Blackhawks.

Meanwhile on the Eastern end of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, we got a Game 7. The New York Rangers won in Washington, D.C. 4-3. Washington would have advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals had they defeated the Rangers. Game 7 is on Wednesday at the New York Rangers. Winner will advance to the Eastern Conference Finals to meet the winner of the TB-MON series (TB currently leads this series 3-2); loser's season is over.

That's all for this post.

Tonight is all about the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 7 is tonight in Tampa Bay as the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Montreal Canadiens. Whoever wins between the Lightning and the Habs will take on the winner of tomorrow night's game between the Washington Capitals at the New York Rangers.

Enjoy some NHL hockey tonight and tomorrow night.

[UPDATE] Game 6 of TB-MON (TB leads 3-2), so no two Game 7s heading into tonight.

Last edited:
It just wrapped up... Tampa Bay blitzed the Montreal Canadiens 4-1. And so...

Montreal = "Contender elminated..."

So Canada's last hope for a Stanley Cup contender is out. The Tampa Bay Lightning will meet the winner of the NYR-WSH series for the Eastern Conference Finals. Tampa Bay now is one series win away from competing for Lord Stanley's Cup. The Habs, meanwhile, are done.

Get ready for tomorrow night, when the Rangers host the Capitals in Game 7 of that series.

Did the Leafs change uniforms and give their old blue ones to Tampa?

They're identical. Wtf.

5evHSAO.png
Fz593Pg.png

Did you know that this season will be the 21st successive season in which an American team has won or will win the Stanley Cup? After Montreal got 86ed from the playoffs, that was the last Canadian hope to win the Stanley Cup. The last Canadian team to win Lord Stanley's Cup was the Montreal Canadiens back in 1993.

Washington Capitals. New York Rangers. Game 7. Madison Square Garden. NBC Sports Network. Ovechkin "guarantees" victory for his Capitals. Winner plays in Eastern Conference Finals; loser's season is over. Who'll advance to take on Tampa Bay in the East? We'll find out tonight!

Regulation solved nothing in Madison Square Garden between the Washington Capitals and the New York Rangers. So in Overtime, the game ended 2-1 thanks to a goal by #21 of NYR (Derek Stepan). The Eastern Conference Final will be New York Rangers vs. Tampa Bay.

Washington = "Contender Eliminated..."

Don't make a guarantee if you can't back it up. Ovechkin scored the only goal for Washington in this game. The Capitals, however, are done. Try again next season.

And there you are. The East is set. Will the Lightning or Rangers play for Lord Stanley's Cup on the East side of the bracket? We'll see when that series kicks off proper.

No games on tonight, but the Eastern Conference Finals fun begins tomorrow afternoon as the Tampa Bay Lightning play at the New York Rangers. Considering the talent on these two teams, this should be a pretty good series.

First blood in the Eastern Conference Finals was drawn by the New York Rangers, as they won 2-1 over the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning. I think I read that Lundquist for NYR had 23 Saves in this game. So congrats to the Rangers on their win. Game 2 is on Monday at Madison Square Garden.

Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals is Sunday afternoon in Anaheim between the Chicago Blackhawks at the Anaheim Ducks.

As for the Toronto and Tampa Bay uniforms, you're right, Omnis. The two uniforms do look very similar. On the other hand, though, I do like that sort of TRON-like neon blue outline of the Lightning logo on the goalie's helmet for TB.

May I interest you in some hockey, sir/madam? Good! Today begins the Western Conference Finals. It's the Chicago Blackhawks at the Anaheim Ducks for Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. Either one of these two will set the tone for this series.

Good luck to all remaining teams in this season's playoffs. Enjoy today's game if you'll be watching.

Buffalo, San Jose, St. Louis, and Toronto all currently want to interview current Red Wings Head Coach Mike Babcock. I have a gut feeling that Ken Holland certainly has a plan in place right now in case he leaves. He probably had one before everything happened out of assumption that he wouldn't return. I currently think that Babcock will be Toronto bound, but I respect his decision regardless of whether he winds up staying or leaving.

First blood in the Blackhawks-Ducks series went to Anaheim. It was 4-1 in favor of the Anaheim Ducks. These Ducks had plenty of might to net themselves an easy win at home.

Game 2 is on Tuesday in Anaheim. The Ducks will try to take a 2-0 lead before the series shifts over to Chicago on Thursday for Game 3.

Mike Babcock coached for the Detroit Red Wings and is looking for another team. So who locked him up as coach? The Toronto Maple Leafs. I am not sure if Red Wing fans should be upset at a coach signing to be coach of a rival team. This would be like Coach K at Duke becoming coach of the University of North Carolina.

Currently, it is 2-1 in Tampa Bay as the Rangers lead the Lightning with about 15:49 left in the 2nd Period. The Eastern Conference Finals series is tied 1-1.

[UPDATE] It just wrapped up... Tampa Bay beat the New York Rangers 6-5 in Overtime. Steven Stamkos was the hero for TB with his goal. TB leads the Eastern Conference Finals series 2-1 now.

Last edited:
When a series is tied 1-1, one will be 2-1. That team on this night in Chicago was the Anaheim Ducks, who won 2-1 to improve to 2-1 in the Western Conference Finals. The Chicago Blackhawks will have to try to avoid being down 3-1 in the series by trying to take down Anaheim in Game 4 on Saturday in Chicago.

Just wrapped up... the Chicago Blackhawks evened their series against Anaheim with a 5-4 victory tonight. This game, however, couldn't be settled in three periods and sixty minutes of game play. So this one needed Double Overtime for the score to be settled. The series is now 2-2 heading back to Anaheim for Game 5. #80 was the hero for Chicago as the home crowd was pleased seeing Chicago even up the series.

The New York Rangers will play at Tampa Bay tonight to try to save their season, down 3-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals. Will the Lightning zap the Rangers out of the playoffs, or will the Rangers force a Game 7? We'll see later tonight.

We got hockey in Chicago tonight, as the Anaheim Ducks look to close out the Chicago Blackhawks tonight. They lead the Eastern Conference Finals 3-2. Chicago must win to force a Game 7 in Anaheim this Saturday night.

Good luck to the Ducks and the Blackhawks tonight.

As for last night's game in Tampa Bay for the Eastern Conference Finals, that was a pretty depressing 7-4 loss if you're a Lightning fan. This Friday night in New York City, either Tampa Bay or the New York Rangers will play for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Latest Posts

Back