NHL: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 369 comments
It was 5-2 in Chicago as the Blackhawks forced Game 7, defeating the Anaheim Ducks. So we'll see whether Anaheim or Chicago will play for Lord Stanley's Cup as the Western Conference representative with Game 7 in Anaheim this coming Saturday.

Two Game 7's to fill out the Stanley Cup Finals. Tonight, it's Tampa Bay at the New York Rangers. Tomorrow night is the Chicago Blackhawks at the Anaheim Ducks. Which two will play in this season's Stanley Cup Finals? We'll see after tonight and after tomorrow night.

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Finals Tampa Bay Lightning with a 2-0 victory over the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden
11357137_10152815059517466_4937357910004956774_o.jpg

Yep... the New York Rangers are done. Congratulations to Tampa Bay for advancing, and also congratulations to the New York Rangers on a great season.

The Tampa Bay Lightning will take on the... who? Tonight is Chicago at Anaheim. Winner will play against Tampa Bay for Lord Stanley's Cup; loser's season is over. Who'll take Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals? We'll see tonight in Anaheim at the Honda Center.

Good luck to both Anaheim and Chicago.

Advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals after winning 5-3 in Anaheim is...

...the Chicago Blackhawks!

Chicago put the rope-a-dope action on Anaheim, but the Ducks fought back as much as they could. It just wasn't enough, though. And so it will be a Lightning-Blackhawks Final to determine who will win the Stanley Cup this season.

The first game of the Stanley Cup Playoff finals begins this coming Wednesday. Good luck to TB and CHI.

We got time between now and the Finals. Anyone want to call a winner to the Stanley Cup Finals between Tampa Bay and Chicago? And optional... how many games?

Some say it is one of the most beautiful trophies in all of sports- the Stanley Cup. First awarded in 1893, this championships commemorates the best team in hockey. I am sure even Lord Stanley himself would come in spirit to personally congratulate two teams that have proven to be the best this season. Two teams have battled this far to play for one of sports' most coveted trophies. Two of the best... or maybe two of the luckiest... will compete tonight in Tampa Bay as this Best of 7 series begins between the Chicago Blackhawks and Tampa Bay Lightning. First game is tonight.

Good luck to both Chicago and Tampa Bay, and all congratulations to the eventual champion.

It was a 2-1 victory for the Chicago Blackhawks as they took Game 1 of the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup Finals in Tampa Bay. The Lightning enjoyed a 1-0 lead until Chicago hung two unanswered goals against the Lightning. It's just one game so far. Will Chicago enjoy a two-game lead, or will the Lightning tie up the series and assure at least a Game 5? Game 2 is this Saturday in Tampa Bay.

Highlights (Yahoo! Sports): https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-...-start-in-game-1-cup-final-win-025402389.html

Just getting started! They'll suit up and go at it again on Saturday in Tampa Bay.

I'm glad to see Chicago won the first game and hope they win the Cup. For some reason people here seem to want them to lose since they knocked them out. As far as I'm concerned though, if we end up getting knocked off, at least we lost to the eventual champions. It takes away some of the sting.*

*1998 is an exception to this.

I'd rather Tampa won, as they are just one of hose teams that everyone seems to over look, but they are all good guys.

This Hawks team are insane at getting wins they shouldn't get this year. Most of their wins have been crazy OT victories or last minute collapses.

Luck and skill wins cups I suppose.

I read a stat stating that the Chicago Blackhawks are 32-0-0 this season when the Blackhawks lead after two periods (including regular season and playoffs). So in other words, if you're Tampa Bay, the last thing I would want is to be down heading into the 3rd Period. Chicago trailed 1-0 in Game 1 on Wednesday, so this was not an issue. But can you imagine winning all of your games when leading after two periods? That is nothing short of impressive. It means you know how to close out games. Either that, or you are fortunate enough that games don't go into Overtime with the lead you established.

Another reminder- Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals is Saturday in Tampa Bay. CHI leads the series 1-0.

Tonight was Game 2 of the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup Finals. The Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Chicago Blackhawls 4-3 in Tampa Bay. So we're assured at least a Game 5 for this series.

Up next... Tampa Bay will go to Chicago and enjoy some Midwestern hockey hospitality from an Original Six team. Game 3 this coming Monday night in Chicago.

Tampa Bay had their fun. Now, it's Chicago's turn. Game 3 of the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup Finals is tonight in the Windy City. Dem' boys from Tampa Bay will hear it from the fans in Chi-town. Lightning at Blackhawks. They'll have at it tonight! Oh, and this series is tied at 1-1.

Good luck to Tampa Bay and Chicago tonight.

The Tampa Bay Lightning thunderstruck the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 in Chicago. So Tampa Bay have now won back-to-back games and now lead the series 2-1. Game 4 in Chicago is this Wednesday night. Can Chicago make it 2-2, or will Tampa Bay take a commanding 3-1 lead and be one win away from winning Lord Stanley's Cup?

Well, the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins head coach Jeff Blashill just got promoted because he's the new head coach of the Red Wings. Boy was this one of the worst kept secrets in this area. The other rumor is that former Red Wing and NHL hall of famer Chris Chelios might join the staff as an assistant. We'll see how that goes.

It's Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight in Chicago. The Blackhawks will try to assure us a Game 6 in Chicago before this series shifts back to Tampa Bay. The Lightning, however, want to go up 3-1 in the series and really put the pressure on the Blackhawks. Bolts n' Blackhawks. Let's see who'll take tonight's game.

Chicago takes Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals at home with a 2-1 victory. Toews and Saad were the heroes for Chi-Town as this series will now be assured a Game 6 in Chicago. This series is now 2-2. Game 5 will be in Tampa Bay this Saturday.

[UPDATE] Forgot "be" after "Game 5 will..."

Last edited:
Hawks needs 2 more wins. I have a feeling that this might go on to 7 games, Tampa Bay is quite impressive I will admit.

Latest Posts

Back