NHL: 2015-2016 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 728 comments
Heads up! Tonight's the NHL Awards going on, ladies and gentlemen. You lady NHL fans make sure to get all dolled up and find some pretty dresses or other fancy outfits. You guys out there find a tuxedo or some other dapper outfits. Congratulations to whomever wins whatever awards tonight.

The Rules of the expansion draft, as explained by Complete Hockey News:

Las Vegas Expansion.jpg

@Northstar how will the draft rules affect the Wild you reckon?

Protected players: Suter, Parise, Pomminville?, Spurgeon (not sure, modified no trade I think)

We would want to protect: Coyle, Nino, Granlund? Or Dumba or Brodin, Dubnyk.

How does this work out you think. Either way we will lose a very good player.

Hoping it looks like this: Parise, Dubnyk, Spurgeon, Coyle, Nino, Dumba, Brodin, Scandella, Zucker. Hopefully Suter will waive the no trade, but that won't happen. If it doesn't then we allow Zucker to fly. In that case I think Zucker is on the block this off season, unless there are plans between us and Las Vegas already.

I can see there being a big trade with the Wild this off season. Maybe Zucker+Kuemper+Prospect or Kuemper+Jonas Brodin+ prospect to someone for a #1 centre.
Anaheim Ducks: They need a goalie so Kuemper makes sense, also, they need to clear some cap space. The only person I'm intrested in here is Rickard Rakell. He's 23 years old and a decent sized player at 6ft, 190lbs. With room to grow, he fits in well with other young players for the Wild
Buffalo Sabres: Once again, they want this for Kumper. Zucker would be a good fit with Jack Eichel and would be able to use his speed more effectively. The player of choice for the Wild would be Sam Reinhart. He was a second overall pick for the Sabres and is an extremely good right shot centre who has more to grow. The Dabres may demand more than Kumper and Zucker. I'd be comfortable making the trade of Kuemper+Zucker+2017 Second Round for Sam Reinhart+Nathan Lieuwen. Another trade I would be comfortable making is Kuemper+Jonas Brodin for Reinhart+Lieuwen.
Edmonton Oilers: Not gonna happen. They won't make a trade that doesn't include Jared Spurgeon and unless we get Conner McDavid+Oscar Klefbom we are going to be a worse team overall. Spurg is statistically the best D-man on the Wild, has been for a while, and would leave a massive hole on the blue line.
San Jose Sharks: I just want Chris Tierney from this deal. They can have Zucker+Kuemper

I don't see this hockey team in Las Vegas going over the best. Horrible location for the venue, right on the strip, traffic nightmare. A non existent fan base. People who go to Vegas to go to the strip, don't go to Vegas to go to a hockey game, most local people who live in Vegas, avoid the Strip. NFL coming etc. Most importantly, how are they going to make the ice when they run out of water in 20 years? :)

Maybe it will, I don't know. It just seems like there would be about 20 other locations that would support a hockey team, way better than Vegas. Seattle for one.

Latest Posts

Back