NHL Season 2012-2013

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 993 comments
Tzun
Its not stupid deal thing its money. Mike Green declined Washingtons 1-year 5mill offer.

Who signs the players? Owners.

As for Green, he probably wants longer term.

Again, who makes these contracts? The owners. They pushed hard for a salary cap in the last lockout, then came up with ways around it (front loaded deals with huge signing bonuses)

The owners hire the GM and approve the contracts. The owners ultimately sign off on it all.

Also, Green just signed, 3Y/18.25M (6, 6, 6.25)

Last edited:
Weber just signed an offer sheet from Philly. Full details in the morning but 14 years, $100 million +. Nashville gets 7 days to match but if they don't they get compensated based on average cap hit per year. In this case either 2 firsts, a second and a third or 4 first round picks.

Holy ****!! Philly just wants to use money. Weber's great replacement for Pronger. If Nashville dont answer i think Rinne wants to leave.

[Edit]: Wings d-man Kyle Quincey signed a 7.55mill 2-year contract.

Last edited:
Ironic that the owners propose a 5 year limit on contracts and eliminating signing bonuses, then start handing them out like candy.

Noob616
Ironic that the owners propose a 5 year limit on contracts and eliminating signing bonuses, then start handing them out like candy.

Well I think that is because the rich teams couldn't care less. The rich teams however don't want to profit sharing with teams in debt because the poor teams sign these contracts and the poor teams don't want these contracts because they cant afford them.

They could but they wont because Weber wants to go to Philly. What does Nashville get? 2 1st round picks and more?

I don't think Sea Weber wants to go to Philly. If he did he wouldn't have signed a deal were the Predators could match it. The picks Nashville will get won't be too good because Philly always finishes higher up in the League and if they get Weber they might end up higher.

I think he signed the deal to see his worth, see if the Predators would match the contract to keep him. If he really wanted out of Nashville and into Philly, why would he sign a contract that could be matched by the Preds? I'm guessing he doesn't mind moving to Philly or even staying in Nashville.

Oh, I forgot about Rinne. Yeah, if Weber is out then Rinne will most likely want to be traded, another reason for Nashville to match Weber's contract.

I would love Rinne on Toronto but don't see it happening.

Trade Thomas for them (Wich would make me very sad) to give Nashville some cap. They need like 10-15mill to reach the cap floor. Maybe a d-man and Rask.

[Edit]: Nash to Rangers in exvhange for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, ?Tim? Erixon and a 1st round pick. Definetly win for Rangers.

Last edited:
I thought I'd never see the day Howson accepts a trade for Nash. This is a big win for Rangers, not sure about the Jackets though.

Haha, I remember when the Jackets visited the Rangers the fans chanted "WE DON'T WANT YOU"

Clytius
I thought I'd never see the day Howson accepts a trade for Nash. This is a big win for Rangers, not sure about the Jackets though.

Haha, I remember when the Jackets visited the Rangers the fans chanted "WE DON'T WANT YOU"

Jackets didnt get anything good. Dubisky is just moody player, Anisimov nothing special and rest is just crap. I would have asked for Stepan, McDonaugh and a 2nd.

[Edit]: Detroid had offered 1st, Franzen and Filppula wich is alot better and they had a prospect there as well.

Yea, and he asked for way too much. Why didnt he get fired before trading away Nash?

[Edit]: And Howson traded away 3rd round pick and a d prospect.

[Edit2]: Bruins coach Claude Julien signed a new multiyear contract. Years havent been released yet.

Last edited:
Back