Nimix brake mod

• Thread starter jetguy
  • 26 comments
Not using it in GT 5P. I don´t have it it depends if you constantly lock the brakes then yes it certainly helps. Much better feel but you do need to mount them permanently or they will slide backwards... They are really stiff even though not as stiff as my CST pedals with the 80 lb high pressure brake :).

Otherwise as long as you can short calibrate them it works well also when you don´t want to kill yourself in arcade titles. But do get it and start driving some PC sims as well :) GTR Evolution has the best version of the nordschleife ever.

Nimix brake mod? What's that?

I googled ==> read a thread on racesimcentral (2 posts any way :sly:).

Last edited:
well, i thought someone on this sight would have the mod, and "gasp" plat gt5p!!, guess not. have no fear though, i ordered it and will report my findings.

I googled again and came up with this:
It's about the G25 SLI and at about 10 min 27 they start talking about this NIXIM mod.

Like the person said in the youtube video, if you install the mod you will invalidate the G25's waranty.

This piece of rubber is basically the same thing BRD does with their speed7 pedals.

Last edited:
yah saw that. not worried about warranty, as i have already done realistic resistance mod, no click mod, and more resistance in neutral mod on the shifter

Last edited:
my Frexies was about 300 but they from memory was a bit better still :)... But for sure if you just can mount them permanently it´s virtually for free and it does make it much easier to feel how much pressure you apply.

I currently run CST pedals and that is on a league above Frexes. On the other hand costs more then 300$. It´s of course not an option for PS 3 racing anyway... Frex pedals you can hook up to a DFP probably a G25 as well I suspect...

I'm interested to hear your thoughts when you get it installed.

I've held off getting a G25 because I wanted something with a more realistic pedal feel, especially the brake. However if this cheap mod does the trick then it might be cheaper than some of the more expensive alternatives.

If anyone wants to know more about the mod see here:

http://www.nixim.com/pedmod.html

As mentioned it´s much better then stock but not really comparable to the really high end solutions... It depends how crazy you are on simracing if it´s worth it or not. So no it doesn´t make it equal by any means

For the cost I think I'll just give it a go anyway.

Out of curiosity what are the "high end" solutions that are compatible with the G25 wheel an a PS3? I've considered the FREX pedals is there anything else?

Paul.

What alternative is there to importing a $25 piece of rubber? Can I get the same thing or similar at a crafts store such as Michael's? What size and density should I be looking for?

Any sort of rubber pipe should do the trick (like hosepipe). For durability, i chose to add a second spring (see here) but rubber should be ok.

You'll have to open your pedal set to measure the internal diameter of the factory spring, and for length it depends on the feeling you want. On mine it begins to lock at 2cm.

Also remember that this mod is useless if you don't secure the pedal set ;)

I did this some time ago on my G25 pedals.. it made a great difference to them for all games.. not as good as a set of club sports pedals but then this mod is a fraction of the price.

be careful when you reassemble the pedals that you don't trap any wires.

Would a piece or two of this foam (cut to size) work similarly to the Nixim mod? There are 4 pieces of this protective foam that were packed with my new coffee pot, old one cracked ;)

I am squeezing it pretty firmly. What thickness should I shot for?
4d79e086.jpg

the nixim mod rubber is very hard to squeeze with my hand. It's harder than even CSP foam. It feels like it about twice as hard as an eraser.
With this mod I like my G27 pedals as much as CSP. The one advantage of CSP is you can make hardware adjustments while the nixim mod you need to make adjustments by the software.

By the way I don't have my G27 pedals hard mounted and my pedals don't move at all with this mod.(So there is a way) You can use the carpet grip but you have to set the brake up by the software so you don't have to press the brakes as hard. Still I wouldn't depend on the carpet grip.

Last edited:
Wow it is hard!!!

It may not be twice as hard yet that was my first impression. When I first got it I had second thoughts of actually using it since it was hard. But I finally decide to try it and wouldn't go back to just standard. I've use mine since around May of last year and so far my G27 pedals has hold up to the extra pressure.
I just try it with the carpet grip and it still hold the pedals in place yet this depends on your carpet as mine is short.

I have an Obutto. The pedal plate has rubber on it with ribs across it. The carpet teeth bite onto that. I haven't decided to hard mount the pedals yet. Planning on a getting new wheel soon.

I have an Obutto. The pedal plate has rubber on it with ribs across it. The carpet teeth bite onto that. I haven't decided to hard mount the pedals yet. Planning on a getting new wheel soon.
I have an Obutto as well. I learn about "Easy Liner" and wrapped my pedal plate with it. It has more grip than even the rubber mat glued to the plate. Even with the nixim mod it doesn't move. So I haven't seen the need for me to hard mount my pedals.

I don't own a set of G25/27 pedals....but people swear by that mod. There's quite a good amount of good feedback on it. The AP load cell is another great break mod. More expensive than the Nixim mod, but not merely as expensive as the Perfect Pedal.

I put some of my foam in the spring. It's a little more resistant. But, I have a clicking noise about half way through the travel. I need to take it back apart obviously. What should I look for to stop the clicking?

I put some of my foam in the spring. It's a little more resistant. But, I have a clicking noise about half way through the travel. I need to take it back apart obviously. What should I look for to stop the clicking?

Is the foam cut to the exact size as the nixim mod? Maybe the foam is getting hung up on a coil in the spring? I don't know if that'd make a "clicking"sound though. Maybe you can shoot an email to nixim, or go into the SRT forums and ask someone in there the exact dimmensions. There's tons of people in there that run that mod. Just search "Nixim".

Not sure if thus really had anything to do with it, but I flipped the spring over, spun it a few times, all is well. Initially filled the spring with a little over 3/4 of the spring. Because the foam isn't really that stiff, I packed it full. Travel is fine and there is a bit more resistance. I'm satisfied with my mild mod. Lost a frickin screw though!!!

Back