Nintendo Switch

I'm pretty sure that's not an entirely exhaustive list of release titles. I think people are reading WAY too much into the presentation. They showed us some games, ones they picked and never said we're ALL the games at launch. Everyone needs to relax, and, if you don't like it yet, just wait and see what the actual launch and/or games lineup will be like. Then make your decision. Judging something based on one presentation certainly won't give the whole story
True, Imagine the Xbox ONE if it was just like how it was during Presentation? :lol:

Still bumbed about having to pay online, I might just not do it and retire fro, online Pokemon Battles and online Mario Kart. I wish they did a Premium (with all the special features) and non-Premium (where all you can do is play online), then I wouldn't mind since I just want to play games online and Nintendo has shown that they can at least provide that for free.

£59.99 pre order for the N-Switch version of Zelda!

That's quite pricey. £280 for the console isn't too bad but game prices are just not on the money. £40 to £50 maybe. I'd rather buy a XB1S and Forza or even double dip with a PS4pro and GTsport.

@RESHIRAM5 I remember something about the Kinect, I think it was that it didn't pick up people with a dark skin color. Talk about a PR disaster:lol:. But, to their credit (man I hate giving MS credit), they worked things out nicely. I've read the system is easy to develop for, which is a huge plus

Yeah, looking at the joycon size, I'm relieved we're getting bulky wrist straps, it looks way to small for me without it.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath of fresh air. At no point was this described as the be all and end all of what the Switch will be in 2017. Blazblue isn't even on that list of games for one.

I'd say that the joycons honestly look pretty decent with the strap attachment. Makes the controller nice and rounded, as well as adding a bit to the overall size to make it eaasier to grip. Also makes the hidden L and R buttons more prominent and controller-like.

I've been seeing some Switch videos tonight. Here are some of my musings and thoughts so far...

* There is a reason why top-level franchises be and remain top-level franchises. Super Mario Odyssey is a fine example. Part of me says this is a title that reminds me of putting Mario in the modern world- like I envisioned taking Super Mario World with some modern influence (like in the edutainment game "Mario is Missing!") back in 1994. Only some people (and one YouTube comment said) would say this is "Mario is Missing!" done right. Anyhow, this is a Mario game that has more of a Sonic Adventure feel along with some Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine appeal to it. This one's absolutely worth a play.

* I was always a Mario guy, but even a Mario guy like me can appreciate Sonic Mania. This game looks like a no crap throwback to the classic days of Sonic. Teach the kids something, you know? I'm intrigued by this one.

* 1-2 Switch kind of reminds me of the NES game "Wild Gunman" in the sense of an action style game all about reaction time. I probably wouldn't play it, but it does look pretty cool what all you could do.

* Lots of Nintendo characters occupy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Some people even are saying the game should be called "Nintendo Kart." What I DON'T want it to be called is something like "Nintendo Racing All-Stars Transformed" or something. Anyhow, it's the usual karting insanity you've loved from the Mario Kart games since 1992.

* Also looking pretty cool is ARMS. Think of it like Wii Sports' boxing on overdrive.

The Nintendo Switch should have a pretty fun lineup of games that will not disappoint. So I'm intrigued about many of these titles.

Im speechless....

In a half-baked defence, the SNES titles are online enabled, which may be the only saving grace that the online service may have. If the online enabled thing extends to anything above the SNES, then that could be a worthwhile innovation to the Virtual Console.

EDIT: I am updating the OP with a FAQ on the Switch media materials that is on the website. Expect those edits within a half hour or so.

Last edited:
Well I'm still psyched! Not surprising that some are saying 'it's not powerful enough', 'specs are garbage'. It's the cancer of the gaming world. My uber PC is several times more powerful than either my Xbone or PS4 but does that stop me enjoying either of them?

Rather than concentrate on what it doesn't have I'll concentrate on what it does have. Joy Con's looked awesome, a genuine leap in terms of haptics and control over what has gone before I can't wait to see how they are utilised in games in the future. And the whole thing just looks cool and really well put together. I game to have fun and Nintendo never lose sight of that, they remind of why I fell in love with gaming as a kid in the first place. I'll support them all the way.

Pre-order placed!

Well I'm still psyched! Not surprising that some are saying 'it's not powerful enough', 'specs are garbage'. It's the cancer of the gaming world. My uber PC is several times more powerful than either my Xbone or PS4 but does that stop me enjoying either of them?

Rather than concentrate on what it doesn't have I'll concentrate on what it does have. Joy Con's looked awesome, a genuine leap in terms of haptics and control over what has gone before I can't wait to see how they are utilised in games in the future. And the whole thing just looks cool and really well put together. I game to have fun and Nintendo never lose sight of that, they remind of why I fell in love with gaming as a kid in the first place. I'll support them all the way.

Pre-order placed!
Hands-On with it right now, I'll post my thoughts later. 👍

It's looking positive though!

Hands-On with it right now, I'll post my thoughts later. 👍

It's looking positive though!
Really looking forward to your thoughts.

Just back from Game and managed to trade in my launch day Xbone and PS4 for the full value of the Switch so will have nothing to pay. Very happy!

So, Switch thoughts:

-I love the joycon controllers. I can see why they are so expensive as they are essentially 2 individual tiny standalone controllers. Used one to play through a full zone in Sonic Mania and my hands felt fine...Anything that requires the use of both triggers may be difficult. Seems like the price of giving the level of functionality these things have, put them a bit too far up the scale price wise.

-ARMS is awesome. It's like Punch-Out with a bit more complexity to it. I got absolutely thrashed on it but, great fun none the less. I also found out today you can just use button controls if you don't want to use motion. This is what RIGS was to FPS on the PSVR, nice wee twist that'll build a reasonable fanbase. Art style also pops in real life.

-Super Bomberman R will probably be the next Rocket League for me in terms of perfect multiplayer. Currently Switch exclusive according to the Konami rep but it's amazing. Played with 3 other players in table top mode. All players used a single joycon

-1,2 Switch has a lot of fun mini games but this should be bundled, simply put. I'd pick up at £15 for drunken party hilarity.

-The Hardware is lovely, I really like it and it feels very well made.

All in all, enjoyable. If you're expecting Nintendo to suddenly stop doing Ninty things, this isn't the console by the looks of it currently.

Between Splatoon, Super Bomberman R and MK8D I'll pay it off in Year 1 in regard to hours played.

The console's architecture should lend it easy for companies to port to if they really wanted to, so it'll be interesting to see how that ends up.

Pro controller is also immense but soooo expensive.

Experienced no FPS drops at all. Games played:

-Sonic Mania
-FAST MRX
-Super Bomberman R
-ARMS
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-1,2 Switch

Zelda and Splatoon were impossible to get a shot of, ran out of time in my session.

Last edited:
If the system plays smoothly and if the games are fun, that's all that matters. I will in no way complain about any such things people are complaining about with the Nintendo Switch. Well... maybe the paying to play online thing. Of course, I always believe you should have a solid game away from online multiplayer before considering adding online multiplayer. I still would buy a Switch even if I have to wait in line here in the Houston-Galveston area.

The Nintendo Switch is about the first Nintendo device I've been excited about since the Nintendo 64. All I want is a great system with some solid games. Let the ones who have to start console wars do their thing- I'm still fairly intrigued about the Switch.

Whoops. :embarrassed: That's good to hear, seeing them made me question the ergonomics at first. The console is definitely looking promising. :)
It'll come down to the individual of course but even in a demanding game like FAST I felt comfortable in the Joycon Grip set-up and for platformers and less demanding games the individual Joycon done the job too!

For anybody who'd really like to pocket this thing rather than carry it around in a bag:

y9m54tjdes9y.jpg

Looks totally possible, even if you have to detach the joycons and store them in a separate pocket. :P

If you remove all the PS3/360 ports on the Wii U, the Switch actually has more. As the Wii U only had ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U at launch
Like Skylanders for the Switch isn't a port either? 1-2 Switch is basically something that should have been bundled in with the Switch,but charge $50 for it and you basically have 3 games that being Zelda (looks awesome) Bomberman (cool) and Just Dance 2017 (really?)

Like Skylanders for the Switch isn't a port either? 1-2 Switch is basically something that should have been bundled in with the Switch,but charge $50 for it and you basically have 3 games that being Zelda (looks awesome) Bomberman (cool) and Just Dance 2017 (really?)
Still if you take it out Switch has more launch games than the Wii U at launch. It's 3 to 2. Let's not forget the Switch has much more games coming in the launch window than the Wii U ever did.

So $300 with no game. (more then PS4 X1 lol)
Will be payed online.
A pro controller 70, or 2 extra joy cons 80.
Its big system sellers are Zelda and KArt8, both wiiu games available on wiiu.
Has no big 3rd part AAA games.
Hardware rumored to be about 1/3 1/4th the capability of PS4.

Nity faithful will buy in hard, rest will not give a rats beeps.

Sub 25m life time sales.

Still includes a better launch title than anything the Wii U had - a massive one at that.

There's enough coming in the launch window that'll help bolster that out. Plus, feel like a broken record here - this is a list of confirmed games at this point. More games could be announced for launch (downloable or otherwise) in the next 7 weeks.

I'm baffled at how everyone can suddenly see the success of a console based on Day 1 despite there being clear exceptions to that rule in the PS3 and 3DS which both weren't very hot at launch at all. You could argue the same for the original DS too.

Back