Nintendo Switch

Yeah it's Never Touch That Switch by Robbie Williams.

Though I personally am rather keen to touch that Switch. Nintendo's, that is... not Robbie's.

According to a tweet by Jim Sterling, there is apparently going to be shortage issues again. One location was expecting five switches, but is getting three instead.

According to a tweet by Jim Sterling, there is apparently going to be shortage issues again. One location was expecting five switches, but is getting three instead.
Sounds like Nintendo has a good plan. Where having issues with the console working properly, lets cut supply in half to ramp up demand and switch focus. No complaints about not working if you make them near impossible to get.

A lot of people have reported that their 'smaller', or rural stores are getting a substantial amount of Switches.

Someone who stated that they had a smaller GAME store local to them said that their store would be getting 38 Switches.

Another guy said that the two Best Buys in his city would be getting 200 Switches between them.

Maybe it's just that store, instead of Nintendo trying out this stupid artificial shortage stuff?

So now only 4 days until Switch launch, is anyone getting it at launch day or have it pre-ordered?

I've got an Amazon preorder. Fingers crossed it doesn't fall through at the last minute... should be shipping out on March 1st, so I guess I'll know soon enough.

A lot of people have reported that their 'smaller', or rural stores are getting a substantial amount of Switches.

Someone who stated that they had a smaller GAME store local to them said that their store would be getting 38 Switches.

Another guy said that the two Best Buys in his city would be getting 200 Switches between them.

Maybe it's just that store, instead of Nintendo trying out this stupid artificial shortage stuff?

The Tweet in question. The store was a Target, a pretty large chain.

Well if that particular Target was only expecting 5 to begin with, it must not see a lot of videogame sales... with the most likely explanation being that it's in a smaller town, possibly full of old people. :P

So now only 4 days until Switch launch, is anyone getting it at launch day or have it pre-ordered?
Yep, got mines all ordered up and ready to go. 👍

Just awaiting its arrival. :D

I've got the neon bundle paid off as well as Breath of the Wild and a Pro controller.

I've got the neon bundle paid off as well as Breath of the Wild and a Pro controller.
I've opted for:
-Grey console
-Pro Controller
-Zelda: BOTW
-Super Bomberman R
-Carry Case

I'll also pick up FAST RMX and potentially Snipperclips at launch. The girlfriend and I haven't decided which one of us is going to pick it up yet since it's largely a co-op experience.

Shovel Knight will probably also be purchased, truth be told. :lol:

I'm getting ol' grey, Breath of the Wild, Collector's Edition BotW strategy guide (though I don't think this item's receiving launch day delivery), Fast RMX, Snipperclips & Shovel Knight

And I pre-emptively picked up a 200GB MicroSD card.

I'll get a Pro controller eventually, but for now I'm just gonna try to live with the various joycon configs.

I haven't preordered, but I'll most likely get it on my birthday.

I'll get Grey, with BotW, MK8 Deluxe, and if it's out by then, Sonic Mania.

I'll probably pick up ARMS and another set of Joy-con not long after.

Also did not pre-order, will get one around mid-May (more than likely the 19th.)

Was going to roll with;

-Grey
-Pro controller
-BotW

If anything else is out that's decent, I'll possibly pick it up.

So, today I decided to bite the bullet and preorder a Switch (red and blue) with Breath of the Wild and the Charging Grip (why they didn't bundle it with the console is beyond any reasoning other than cold hard cash). I think I'll get MK8 Deluxe, ARMS, and FAST RMX at a later date. I've also bought an Aukey 20000mAh battery bank to go along with it if I ever take it with me. One thing's for sure, this thing is going to get quite a bit of playtime.

Roll on, March 3! 👍

Another launch title confirmed for EU, VOEZ. It appears to be a rhythm game with 116 songs - priced at £20.

Interestingly, the game is touchscreen only so therefore can only be played in portable mode!

Seems fine in the UK.

I've read reports that multiple stores in the US (Best Buy, Target, GameStop and such) will have stock for those who didn't pre-order available on launch day so I think supply will be fine in the US as well.

This may be slightly off-topic, but the Pro controller works natively on PC

edit:

also the inside of the Joy-con

A crap-ton of Indies got announced yesterday:

C5xLOx9UoAEhwzv.jpg:large

Quite a few I'm interested in for that list. I imagine it's only going to grow too.

A shot of the Switch tablet inside
c1227b8c7713457da7eae11b0354ce80

Battery looks to be easily replaceable by the user, though that'll probably void the warranty. And pretty generous amount of thermal paste

edit:

Also if anyone haven't seen yet, reviews are out for the Switch. Now to note, most of the reviews released do not contain testing of the Day One patch, so no access to the online features such as the eShop. But reviewers do get to play games, of course being Zelda BoTW.

Eurogamer's review should come as no surprise, as they tested the technical aspects of the console. Think the most notable bit is the battery life, where Eurogamer did meet the advertised battery life, but not any much more. Of course this is playing Zelda BoTW.

0% Brightness, 50% Volume Three Hours, Five Minutes
50% Brightness, 50% Volume Three Hours, Three Minutes
100% Brightness, 100% Volume Two Hours, Thirty Seven Minutes
100% Brightness, 100% Volume (Powerbank Connected) Six Hours, Fifty Minutes
Full Recharge Three Hours, Five Minutes

To add on, the Usb-C port is at the bottom, so charging while playing may be a bit awkward.

Also the Switch comes with 25.9 Gb of space out-of-the-box, from the 32GB it ships with. Therefore, a Micro SD card is kinda a must if you're planning on a digital library rather than game cards.

And there's been reports of the docked mode not performing as well as hoped. Still some frame drops in Zelda BoTW.

Last edited:
Has there been any mention of loading games? Seeing as it isn't disk based I'd expect it to be pretty quick.

Also do card games install anything to the HDD?

Has there been any mention of loading games? Seeing as it isn't disk based I'd expect it to be pretty quick.

Zelda doesn't do any sort of install - hopefully that's representative of every title.

I've heard loading is rapid even from sleep mode.

Games don't do a mandatory install, though I suppose it theoretically could be an option... but I don't imagine that there would even be a benefit to installing anyway. The read speed of these game cards are likely within the realm of hard drives, if not faster.

There was a load time comparison between the Wii U and Switch versions of Zelda, and it loaded over 2x faster on Switch.

If Horizon Zero Dawn didn't have my current attention, I'd actually be picking up a Switch tomorrow because of BotW.

I'll wait until next week, local GameStop got like 40 (20 of each color) which was like 3 times the pre-order amount... might try to snag a pro controller first, though.

Back