Nintendo Switch

Just ordered a 128GB Micro SD. What SD cards are people using?

Just ordered a 128GB Micro SD. What SD cards are people using?
Haven't decided yet. I'll probably stick to cartridges to start with for resale value. And any indie titles that I download will probably be smaller file sizes so should be ok with internal storage to start.

I was looking at a 200GB card as they seem to be best value but will look again when storage becomes a problem and see what is available.

These developers are amazing. :D

I take it this is worth a purchase then?

I take it this is worth a purchase then?

If you like games like WipEout and F-Zero, FAST RMX is definitely worth a shot and it'll surely keep you busy until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe drops. And at just 20€/15£, it is a bargain deal. Watch out though, the AI is unforgiving even at Subsonic class.

@Robin. Let's hope it's a cheap fix when the battery goes.

Played a little 1 2 Switch today. Really enjoyed it too. Seriously impressed by the 3D Rumble effects in the Joycon's. I also love the fact I don't need the TV on etc to play.

4B506F43-57F3-43BA-9786-5D5822A0EF13.jpg

Testing out the screen grab mode of the Switch.

These are straight from Zelda...

2017030614072300-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

2017030614552200-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

an interesting compression used on the images from the console. Nintendo really need to re-think the way screenshots are taken. I also prefer the dark UI at the moment. The images are 1280*720 and in JPG format at a file size around 220KB

2017030613325700-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Last edited:
Already added all the friend codes I saw in here, but if anyone else makes the Switch and wants to add me:
0283-0537-7419

I've been reading your posts since launch, glad you guys are having fun with the switch. Zelda BOTW sounds amazing too (so jelly lol).

I just dropped in to mention that Lego Worlds should be releasing for the Switch tomorrow, March 7th (I'm going to get it on Xbox one tonight since the store says it's releasing at 9pm). Should be another great game to play on the Switch if you like Lego and Minecraft.

I've been reading your posts since launch, glad you guys are having fun with the switch. Zelda BOTW sounds amazing too (so jelly lol).

I just dropped in to mention that Lego Worlds should be releasing for the Switch tomorrow, March 7th (I'm going to get it on Xbox one tonight since the store says it's releasing at 9pm). Should be another great game to play on the Switch if you like Lego and Minecraft.
I think the Switch edition is releasing a bit later on unfortunately! It's definitely on my radar, however.

I think the Switch edition is releasing a bit later on unfortunately! It's definitely on my radar, however.

Must've been the PS4 version then or I read something wrong. I hope you guys get Lego Worlds and Minecraft relatively soon. Skyrim would also be cool on the Switch, because it could be used as a portable version of the game.

Has there been any mention of a new Metroid game on the Switch yet?

The Switch Dock has been removed from sale on Nintendo's website after it's found to have design flaws which cause it to scratch up the Switch screen. Goodness knows what they are going to do for everyone who has a dock anyway as it comes with the console!

As if they didn't see this issue during testing, also why wouldn't they line it with something? Is the Switch screen made of smartphone grade glass or just scratch heaven polycarbonate like all previous Nintendo handhelds?

Has there been any mention of a new Metroid game on the Switch yet?
I hope so. Personally, it's the only reason I would get a Switch right now. In fact, been playing Prime Trilogy lately.

Is the Switch screen made of smartphone grade glass or just scratch heaven polycarbonate like all previous Nintendo handhelds?
Apparently it's only plastic.

My console hasn't left the dock since the first time set up but it does seem like an extreme oversight from Nintendo. It does seem fairly easy to add a bit of cloth or something soft to the dock to prevent it, but users shouldn't be having to modify parts of their new system to prevent damage.

I have a feeling by the time the holidays come around new consoles will come with an improved dock.

I have a protective screen on mine and it only goes in the dock usually on a night to get charged. It's a bit of a shame it's scratching screens though.

The Switch Dock has been removed from sale on Nintendo's website after it's found to have design flaws which cause it to scratch up the Switch screen. Goodness knows what they are going to do for everyone who has a dock anyway as it comes with the console!

As if they didn't see this issue during testing, also why wouldn't they line it with something? Is the Switch screen made of smartphone grade glass or just scratch heaven polycarbonate like all previous Nintendo handhelds?

The dock's design in and of itself doesn't appear to be directly causing the scratching. People who are experiencing scratching have defective docks (they have a bend in them, apparently). If you've docked/undocked a few times and haven't incurred any scratches, you're probably fine (like most people).

But now that scratchgate is out there, I imagine they'll start lining the docks to cover their asses and to put people at ease.

The dock's design in and of itself doesn't appear to be directly causing the scratching. People who are experiencing scratching have defective docks (they have a bend in them, apparently). If you've docked/undocked a few times and haven't incurred any scratches, you're probably fine (like most people).

But now that scratchgate is out there, I imagine they'll start lining the docks to cover their asses and to put people at ease.

I could imagine though, even without a bent dock, if people pull it towards them slightly as they lift it out of the dock (as you would naturally do) it could still scuff the screen. Otherwise you have to lift it out perfectly vertically like a robot! All this will be solved with a just few felt pads, very surprised at such a simple oversight.

I could imagine though, even without a bent dock, if people pull it towards them slightly as they lift it out of the dock (as you would naturally do) it could still scuff the screen. Otherwise you have to lift it out perfectly vertically like a robot! All this will be solved with a just few felt pads, very surprised at such a simple oversight.

It's got quite a bit of wiggle room. I can't see how people are damaging the screens unless man handeling them. I do think something which is made to be mobile should have been made of sturdier stuff.

Reports are surfacing of dead pixels in the Switch screens. Not sure if Nintendo have given and official response yet, but I don't think they will replace them unless it becomes a bigger issue.

These developers are amazing. :D

It's got quite a bit of wiggle room. I can't see how people are damaging the screens unless man handeling them. I do think something which is made to be mobile should have been made of sturdier stuff.

Reports are surfacing of dead pixels in the Switch screens. Not sure if Nintendo have given and official response yet, but I don't think they will replace them unless it becomes a bigger issue.
They have said the same thing every LCD screen provider says. Dead pixels are a fact of LCD life, they do and will happen. Every LCD manufacturer has a guide as to how many dead pixels or how many in a certain area they deem to be too many and the panel fails QC. If anyone's Switch pushes above that limit I'm sure they will be replaced.

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is an impressive looking game. Just about everything I've seen looks impressive. BotW has to be the most impressive Zelda ever in its 30+ years. It's like a new generation and a new take on the Zelda franchise. I'm sure any RPG fan will be a fan of this game even if they never heard of Zelda or if they didn't know what the name of this game was. I could easily get lost and play for hours with this game. Just seeing Twitch streams of this game just makes me be even more intrigued of this game.

The world and its colors look amazing. The only 3D Zelda I've really played was "Ocarina of Time." I kind of played "Wind Waker" long ago. I'd surely have this game in my Switch game collection. Can't help but be impressed with "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

Sales are looking good so far...

Sweden's biggest ever console launch.
Europe's biggest Nintendo console launch
Australia and New Zealand's biggest Nintendo console launch
Spain's biggest ever console launch
Germany's biggest ever Nintendo console launch
France's biggest console launch.

Well done to Nintendo so far. 👍

Sales are looking good so far...

Sweden's biggest ever console launch.
Europe's biggest Nintendo console launch
Australia and New Zealand's biggest Nintendo console launch
Spain's biggest ever console launch
Germany's biggest ever Nintendo console launch
France's biggest console launch.

Well done to Nintendo so far. 👍
Erm? Doesn't practically every console launch set a new sales record?

Erm? Doesn't practically every console launch set a new sales record?
Erm, no. The Wii U certainly didn't and certainly not the Xbox One in those regions.

An incredibly short sighted comment to make when you consider what the Wii U sold at launch. This is a good bounce back on release weekend. No matter how much people want to moan about it.

EDIT: It did set MS sales records but not any console wide ones: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...e-breaks-sales-record-microsoft-games-console

Erm, no. The Wii U certainly didn't and certainly not the Xbox One in those regions.

An incredibly short sighted comment to make when you consider what the Wii U sold at launch. This is a good bounce back on release weekend. No matter how much people want to moan about it.

EDIT: It did set MS sales records but not any console wide ones: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...e-breaks-sales-record-microsoft-games-console
I said practically every not every. The Dreamcast broke sales records when it came out. Thanks for the insult by the way.

I said practically every not every. The Dreamcast broke sales records when it came out. Thanks for the insult by the way.
Apologies if you were offended by a general comment on how gaming fans in general just like to try and 🤬 on everything instead of enjoying how well the industry is moving along right now.

I'm more shocked you consider talking about moaners as an insult. :lol:

Apologies if you were offended by a general comment on how gaming fans in general just like to try and 🤬 on everything instead of enjoying how well the industry is moving along right now.

I'm more shocked you consider talking about moaners as an insult. :lol:
You aimed that comment at me. Not gaming fans in general. Can't you read? Let me refresh your memory.

An incredibly short sighted comment to make

Back