Nintendo Switch

A thorough comparison video of the Xenoblade: Definitive Edition announcement trailer with the original Wii game, by GameXplain:

What a treat. :bowdown: The fact that they have clearly added content that was cut during development of the original makes it a must-play even after my two playthroughs, the second one most of the way through an attempt at 100%-ish completion (wasn't sure I'd ever get around to beating the biggest baddies).

And although I prefer Xenoblade X and 2 overall, I feel the story in the first game is the most cohesive and interesting -- no doubt owing to its more relaxed development schedule -- so the chance to see it enhanced by the fruits of Monolith Soft's work on XC2 is worth the price of admission by itself. :D

If you like RPGs but haven't played any of these games yet, this will definitely be the best introduction to the series. :)

I am seriously excited for Daemon X Machina after trying out its new demo, been on and off it practically non-stop since it released, cant wait to get the game later this week when it actually launches :D

I've never been massively into non-racing Mario games, I do like them but I'm never desperate to play them, but I have to say that Mario Odyssey is an excellent game. Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyable.

Anyone playing Links Awakening? I’ve put a few hours in now and it’s a fantastic remake.

Also I’ve had the dreaded Joycon Stick Drift. I didn’t fancy buying new Joycons so I tried a remedy I found on the net.

Someone recommended spraying “Electrical Contact Cleaner” (I picked up a tin the WD40s own version) and you spray this just under the rubber cover below the thumb stick top. Once done you rotate the stick around for about 30s working it into the mechanism and then leave it for a few minutes to allow it to dry fully.

I did this and then recalibrated my sticks and it worked a charm. Saved spending a crazy amount on some new Joycons.

Last edited:
Anyone playing Links Awakening? I’ve put a few hours in now and it’s a fantastic remake.

Also I’ve had the dreaded Joycon Stick Drift. I didn’t fancy. Buying new Joycons so I tried a remedy I found on the net.

Someone recommended spraying “Electrical Contact Cleaner” (I picked up a tin the WD40s own version) and you spray this just under the rubber cover below the thumb stick top. Once done you rotate the stick around for about 30s working it into the mechanism and then leave it for a few minutes to allow it to dry fully.

I did this and then recalibrated my sticks and it worked a charm. Saved spending a crazy amount on some new Joycons.
It's a gorgeous game!

Link's Awakening is one that I had never played before, so I get to enjoy it for the first time with all the benefits. :) Between the lack of cohesive dungeon-crawling in BotW and the blandness of BotW's more recent predecessors, it's refreshing to play a new-to-me old-school Zelda game with tight gameplay design and respect for the player's time (and intelligence).

My biggest complaint so far would be the uncharacteristically poor performance. Framerate drops are shockingly common across the overworld. Unlike BotW with its physics and draw distances, I would expect them to be able to smooth out whatever is causing the problem here.

I am so behind on Switch releases right now (the last game I bought on the console was Three Houses!)...

Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, Link’s Awakening and GRID Autosport are all on the agenda right now and even more games are around the corner.

The console is quite simply an absolute powerhouse with releases. I honestly think it might be the most stacked Nintendo console of all time.

A coworker just got this on Saturday. I didn't even know this was a thing
IMG_7108.JPG

Is Grid playable on this? Either way, as a bigger PSP, might have to get this.

For a mobile-port F2P racing game, one could do a lot worse than Asphalt 9: Legends. 👍
I’ve got this downloaded to give a go! The gameplay trailer gave me serious Excite Truck vibes.

I’m struggling to find an answer to this question.

Does the new dockable Switch with the improved battery life have redesigned joy cons that don’t get affected by the drift issue?

I’m aware the Lite still has the issue which is why I’m steering clear of it for now. Bu wanted to know if the Switch ‘1.1’ was fixed.

Thanks.

Does the new dockable Switch with the improved battery life have redesigned joy cons that don’t get affected by the drift issue?

I’m aware the Lite still has the issue which is why I’m steering clear of it for now. Bu wanted to know if the Switch ‘1.1’ was fixed.

Thanks.
It still has the drifting Joycons unfortunately.

It still has the drifting Joycons unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply. That's a big shame and I doubt it'll be anything they fix anytime soon considering the latest versions have only just come out.

I tend to keep my consoles a long time (Still playing my launch day PSP from 14 years ago) so I'm going to be very wary of buying a Switch knowing that eventually I'm likely going to get the issue.

Thanks.

As @PocketZeven stated Contact Cleaner worked perfectly for my stick drift. 👍

Anyone looking forward to Animal Crossing? I've never played any AC game so can't wait to have a go at the new game. Also I think its going to be great from my fiancee who loves Stardew. I've pre-ordered the standard version, so roll on 20th.

Racing Apex has now become Hotshot Racing, along with some good news. :)

Sumo Digital has been brought on board, providing input and porting the game from (sluggish) Unity to their own engine, which now promises 60fps across all platforms. It's in good hands there. They also appear to have ditched the weapons, or at least the emphasis on combat (THANK YOU!), investing in more game modes instead, including "cops and robbers".

Anyone pick up Animal Crossing today? I managed to brave the outside world and pick up my pre-order.

So far it’s pretty good. Very chilled out. I’ve never played an AC game so this is all new to me.

I don't have a Nintendo Switch, but I have been thinking a lot about sim-type racing on the Switch. I saw some videos on GRID Autosport on the Switch. I like how the game has different graphic modes and controller schemes to take advantage of the Switch hardware. While I do have some interest in playing the Gear.Club games, I am more intrigued about GRID Autosport, even though I have it already for the PS3. Sim racing options are rather limited for the Switch, so you may take whatever you can get on that front.

I think Switch is pretty weak for racing games. Other than MK8, CTR, Grid Autosport, Horizon Chase Turbo and Fast RMX, the rest seems to range from bad to mediocre at best.

I do hope Hotshot Racing will turn up to be good.

So yeah, instead of spending hours pumping out liveries on GT Sport, I found myself spending hours perfecting a little N7 hoodie my villager could wear in the new Animal Crossing.

Honestly, Animal Crossing looks like the most boring game series ever, but that quickly erodes into one of the biggest time-sinks of all time. (no pun intended)

Yeah, I just spent time catching fish and whatnot, so I can sell, and also get Nook Miles, so I can visit random islands. Finally got one with apples, so I got some planted among my peach trees. Nice way to sit back and relax!

After buying Animal Crossing it's mostly what I'm playing now, I didn't really think I'd enjoy it that much but I do. :)

Last edited:
I saw a a stream on Twitch of the demo of "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity." And my goodness... this game looks truly impressive! I apologize if this isn't the thread to discuss recent Nintendo Switch titles, but I just wanted to show some love for this game based on what I've seen so far.

I have a switch or more correctly, I use someone else's switch. Racing games are dire on it. The big names like Grid and Burnout Remastered are like $50 but they're like $7,50 on steam and you may as well get it on steam and use an xbox controller if you dont have a desperate need to use a switch on the bus or in bed.

Unless you have a burning desire to run Mario or that 1st party nintendo stuff or Mario Kart or Ring Fit Misadventures then there's not much reason for this.

A shining light for me is Sega titles which I find to be cheap and high quality (if you like that sort of nostalgia).

AFAIK there's no other current platform for Virtua Racing. People want Daytona USA but we've had that on 360/ps3. I do get you can emulate all this on mame.

I mean if they got off their asses and remade Sega Rally. Scud Racing 1 and 2 and San Francisco Rush that would be something else....

I also am quite impressed with the hardware. For the equivalent of $300 usd the console is pretty high quality and I never have to worry about joycon drift as I wont be able to put enough hours on it! The battery life on the V2 unit is fine too.

HOWEVER what I find most annoying is the absolute avalanche of shovelware and mobile ports on the store.

2ndly there's not an easy way (i've seen) to browse the store on PC.. sure you can do it on the switch but the thing is so laggy.

ALso Nintendo are kind of pushing Asphalt 9 as their "Forza" or "Gran Turismo" and seriously... this is a damn joke.

Also Gear Unlimited 1 and 2 is wholesale crap too.

Last edited:
Back