NISM0_SKYLINE's Gallery: Random Stuff

moon.jpg

:P

but it came out pretty well.

Moon shot is great 👍 Reminded me that I have to go back and do mine again because my shots are just blur :lol: I look forward to more of your night sky stuff ;)

Also, the 787B shot. My jaw dropped so hard it nearly smashed clean through my desk :drool: and the St Bartholomew is really nice although a little tilted (might just be me :dopey:)

Lovely work.

What lens did you use for the moon shot with the extender? The previous shots in the snow are nice as well... 👍 Was that lonely RS4 parked in that spot or was it a planned shot?? :)

I had a 70-200mm F/4L. The RS4 was just sitting there by itself. I saw it earlier in a parking lot, but when we were leaving it was there.

moon.jpg

:P

but it came out pretty well.

:lol:, right? Trick is, I had a tripod and not a point and shoot :sly:.

Moon shot is great 👍 Reminded me that I have to go back and do mine again because my shots are just blur :lol: I look forward to more of your night sky stuff ;)

Also, the 787B shot. My jaw dropped so hard it nearly smashed clean through my desk :drool: and the St Bartholomew is really nice although a little tilted (might just be me :dopey:)

Lovely work.

Thanks! More night photos should be fun, I can't wait. I'm surprised the 787B was so popular, I was just messing around. It might be tilted, I wanted to take it quickly because it seemed odd taking pictures in a church. My shutter seemed so loud :lol:

So I'm going to another rally this weekend as a photographer for a local team. I'm the paddock area photographer and there's someone else out on the stages, but I can't wait.

I tagged along with the Noble Star Rally Team to the Magnum Opus Rally last weekend. The rally itself has been around since 1974 and was a part of the WRC series. I was the paddock photographer and was assigned to take pictures of everything and anything. Since I really only took pictures of cars, it was a little different. But it was fun and started to get comfortable with the people and shooting them. They were some of the most fun people I've met and were awesome to hang out with. We went out on the way to the third stage, but made it farther then we thought, massive rod knocking. 20W50 fixed that :sly:. Here's a little recap of the weekend and what we did. I'll probably update with more various pictures, but this will be an over all write up.

Backing In by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We got the house at about 7am, but didn't actually met people until 7:30, we weren't sure on what to do. After some prepping and packing, we finally got the car into the trailer.

STi by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Our car was a Subaru WRX 2.5 RS, we had to drive down to a gas station with the truck and trailer to get everyone in. While there, another STi showed up for gas. of course, Derrick, the Co Driver and Amanda, the Driver had to talk with him.

Bridge by E_Delaney, on Flickr

After a long an boring drive, we made it to the Mackinac Bridge, just another two hours left to go. A nice sight indeed.

Car Wash by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Before inspection, we had a little bit of stuff to do. One of the items is a clean and neat car. All we had was a car wash.

Washers by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Ever see a Rally Car in a car wash before?

Clean, Check by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Done.

Inspection by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We made it to inspection, but should of went to registration first. They let us stay and did the inspection anyway. We needed to pin the seat blets differently, so we left and headed to registration.

The New Photographer by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Ben, one of the crew members got a hold of Derrick's camera, who used to be the photographer before Co Driving. Ben though he was a photographer because he had a camera. I think he took about 250 some pictures in about an hour span. Pictures of anything, like the sun.

Keys by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Amanda and the Crew Chief Dan, went back to inspection. Just before they left, we realized they had the keys to the cabin.

We're all Serious by E_Delaney, on Flickr

While waiting, Ben was showing off his new stances and Derrick was, well I'm not sure.

Our Dock by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We had a cabin that had a little trail down to the lake. My friend and I woke up early, so we headed down to the lake. Lakes are pretty at 7 in the morning.

Jax by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Jax, one of Amanda's dog was always somewhere running around. He had a weird run, but he was so funny.

Talking by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Finished bleeding the brakes and just some talking before we left to get to the car expose.

Shooting Grass by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The expose was at a Horse Track, and the first two Special Stages were held on the oval 50 feet from the trucks.

Getting Awesome Together by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We shared tent space with the Ziptie Rally team. They then were given the Noble Star Rally saying: "Getting Awesome Together", and a star.

Coincidence by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Dan and Amanda doing something. She just got here helmet on, not sure if one was mocking the other or not.

Anything Straight Will Work by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The glove box and airbag were taken out, so they needed to fill the gap. We had some aluminum laying around, but nothing to bend it with. So they just used a piece of wood.

IPad by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The aluminum piece was a good spot to put Derrick's Ipad. Amanda's Odometer was off, so there was a made scramble to find an app that could keep track of the miles.

New Fans by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Lining up to run, this lady came up and told Amanda she was her hero because she's doing this and has a car. It is pretty cool to be a part of a team with a female driver, it's something different, but females in the Rally America series are on the rise.

Ready by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Amanda was happy she got her driving glasses on and her sunglasses.

In Action by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Fianlly we got to see the car run. We didn't have much rod knocking the first lap, but the second time wasn't so good. It was good to see the car run atleast.

One Stage Done by E_Delaney, on Flickr

There was one stage around the track, then a service, then another two lap run around the track. Since it wasn't a tough stage, there wasn't much to do.

Double Ready by E_Delaney, on Flickr

After the second horse track run, the cars would leave and go onto the real stages. Amanda and Derrick were ready to go just before pulling out of service. Although it wasn't too long before they were back.......

Smoke Trail by E_Delaney, on Flickr

One last chance to see our car run. The knocking by know was pretty bad. Dan told Amanda to run it in second the whole time and try to get it over with, but the engine held it together during the Special Stage.

Last Picture Under It's Own Power by E_Delaney, on Flickr

So with that, we watched it go and started our wait until the next service. It was about 6 hours since had last ate, so we headed out to a local Pizza Hut to get some food. As soon as we sat down, Ben got a call. The first words out of his mouth were enough, "So it won't turn over?"

Best of a Bad Time by E_Delaney, on Flickr

No one was mad or upset, we knew it was coming, just not when.

Done by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Last time the car saw light in the UP. It was almost like a funeral while we all stood there while it was loaded into the trailer.

Group Photo by E_Delaney, on Flickr

When we got to them, a group of kids were there talking with Derrick and Amanda. After we all got there, they wanted to take a team photo. I had to find a way to get on too.

Food by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The other car had all the pizza. This was a high note for use, finally getting food. Although I only got one piece from that box, we had three more back at the expose.

Subaroots for Marker by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Later that night, we went out to eat. Everything was close, but this bar. They had no food however, so we went over to Subway for some food. The entire ceiling of the bar was covered in writing and symbols form other people in the past. Somehow, some of the other rally people found an empty tile that was just replaced. It was dedicated to Matt Marker, who died last year during the Olympus Rally. He was a big part of the Subaroots Rally team, which tried to help others get into rally.

Our Tile by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The bar tender said it was almost impossible to find an empty tile. I noticed that there were some half tiles along the windows that were still empty. I got one down and we had ourselves our own NSR tile.

Way Home by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The next moring were on the road back down the the main state. It was an awesome time and a great exprience. I made new friends and got to exprience a whole new view on rally. I plan on going to more rallies with them and whatever else pops up. All we need know is an engine :lol:.​

Fun post there, Eric. I'm kinda hoping to do something similar one of these days.

It was awesome, I plan on many more rallies with them. Just ask around and you'll get lucky, I just asked them over Facebook.

So today was one of theose big multiple event days that I love. First off, We stopped by the 14 Mile and Woodward show that Joey started a thread for. It wasn't much different then usual, a bunch of cool cars out. Not to mention a perfect sunny day.

In the Corner by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I saw a Karma back at the Depot last year, and this is the second one I've ever seen. It just kind of hung out in the back, but still drew a crowd.

The Italians by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Once one car leaves, everybody else follows. It's not too often you see an Alfa behind a Jalpa. Actually, before last week, I've never seen a Jalpa before.

Mangusta Leaving by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I will agrue all day about how good the Mangusta looks. Everytime I see one I like it more and more.

Prep by E_Delaney, on Flickr

After the show, we drove out to the country to see some good old Rally Cross. I had two friends racing in it, so I felt I had to stop by. Plus, it was my first one.

FWD Slide by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I'll be cleaning dust out of me and my camera for the next few weeks. It looked awesome, but man was it everywhere.

Shutter Drift by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I love how a slow shutter speed can make something look so fast.

Not Only For the Track by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I liked seeing a Porsche race on dirt. Too bad they haven't gotten back into rally big time, they're GT3 Cup is cool, but they need to bring back the '80s.

Rolla by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The Corolla looked like something out of an African Safari Rally.

Perfection by E_Delaney, on Flickr

To finish the day we went to Ypsilanti, a college town for a car show for cars with no billet. We must have gotten there late because most the cars were gone. This beauty was sitting at a museum with a few VWs. This car was done right.

German Class by E_Delaney, on Flickr

This Mercedes was there too.

1300 by E_Delaney, on Flickr

3 or 4 Beetles came in along with 3 Vans. There was aslo a VW show going on that must have just ended too.

Psycho by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We did get to see this awesome gasser leave though. We never actually went to the show, mostly because there were only a handful of cars left, and the Rally X wore us out after being in the sun and breathing in dirt for 3 or so hours.​

So Belle Isle finally has racing on it again. I could only make it down there today, Friday, because of work. It was overcast and rainy all day, but it was free so we went anyway. Since it's a street course, there aren't many good spots for photos. I only found two spots with clear views and both were of the back of the cars. No worries though since I'm going to Mid Ohio for the Grand Am race next week.

Sahlen's Flame by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Corvette DP by E_Delaney, on Flickr

59 Brumos by E_Delaney, on Flickr

APR R8 by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Paddock by E_Delaney, on Flickr

458 Lights by E_Delaney, on Flickr​

Very nice shots here. Really liking the Paddock shot for some reason! 👍

I'm liking the first two! 👍
The third's way to dark for my liking however...

Also liking the whole photodocumentary with the rally story as well. :)

The third one was just experimentation with some heavy contrast. I'm not a really a fan either, I only like it because it's a little different :lol:.

Thanks! The rally was fun, I love SpeedHunters so I copy there style.

2012 has been the best year yet. Joining LifeBlasters and Noble Star Rally, made this year crazy. I can only imagine what next year will bring.

Son of Sno Drift by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The year started off with a little rally my friend and I entered. We drove all throughout the back roads of Michigan for an entire day and got to drive along with some awesome people.

Sno*Drift by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Then it was time for the rally thing. I also got to shoot for the website LifeBlasters for the first time. Shooting for a website really changes your view of events, you see so much more.

300SL Auto Show by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Then we hit the Detroit Auto show, as we do every year. Funny that the one car I liked the most was from the '50s.

R8 Spyder Auto Show by E_Delaney, on Flickr

But there were a few new cars too.

AutoRama by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Same place, but totally different crowd and cars. The Autorama show is an epic mix of hot rods, rat rods, low riders, etc. Defiantly something I look forward to every year.

NSR Special Stage by E_Delaney, on Flickr

My first time with a rally team. I followed Noble Star Rally up North to the Magnum Opus Rally. I didn't meet any of the team until the morning we left.

NSR Out by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Turns out to be the best group of people I've ever met. We might not of finished the rally, but sure did have an awesome time wether we finished or not.

MSHF Mac Tools by E_Delaney, on Flickr

My dad and I helped out move and clean up some warehouses that held cars and memorabilia from the Motor Sports Hall of Fame. Cool seeing cars like this in warehouses, sad too.

Mangusta Autozone by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Every year we get to the 14 Mile & Woodward show as many times as possible. It's never a disappointment.

Detroit Drift by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I still haven't made it to a Formula D event, but we did come across a random drift demo in Downtown Detroit. Makes me want to get to an FD event even more.

E-Type Ypsi by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Just like, Autozone, there's a car show every first Saturday of the month in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It's a secret car show that you need to know someone to know where it is. It also can hold some pretty awesome cars.

Gumball Detroit by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The Gumball 3000 FINALLY made it's way through Detroit this year. Needless to say, I did anything I had to, to make sure I made it down there.

Rally X by E_Delaney, on Flickr

After being with NSR, I got more into Rally, so I went down to a Rally Cross to check it out. 90 degrees and dust everywhere, perfect.

Grand Am Belle Isle by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Racing came back to Detroit too for the first time in a few years. Belle Isle finally opened up again to the Grand Am series. I couldn't make it to the race, but made it to qualifying, at least I saw them move.

Grand Am Mid Ohio by E_Delaney, on Flickr

A week after that they were down at Mid Ohio. It's a tradition almost for my dad and I to go to at least one race and Mid Ohio. Why not go to tow races a week apart?

Woodward Nights by E_Delaney, on Flickr

If you frequent the DYSAGT thread, Woodward is nothing new to you. It'd be crazy to not go at least a few Friday nights.

Rolling Sculpture GT by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Downtown Ann Arbor maybe be a "Green" city most of the year, but one day a year they shut down downtown for a huge car show.

Cauley RTR by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The only Ferrari Dealership in Michigan started having their own cruise in on Thursdays. Not too many Ferraris came out, but seeing this RTR Mustang was pretty cool.

Brighton SV by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Brighton, Michigan, which is just up the road from me held it's own car show. It was awesome either way, but seeing this SV and FF were totally random.

Dream Cruise Friday by E_Delaney, on Flickr

And then there's the Dream Cruise. And it's not even one day. The whole week Woodward is filled with cars.

Dream Cruise Saturday by E_Delaney, on Flickr

But Saturday was jammed packed.Good to see people still driving there cars, and the 1,000,000 people that came out to see them. Michigan may not have the best weather, but the Dream Cruise is hard to beat no matter where you live.

ALMS Mid Ohio by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We only planned on going to Mid Ohio once this year after attending the Grand Am race.......

Viper GTS-R by E_Delaney, on Flickr

But the Debut of the Viper GTS-R was too good to pass up. The ALMS series has always been my favorite, but finally seeing new cars join makes it even better.

Manhattan by E_Delaney, on Flickr

We didn't make it to England, or even LA this year, but making it to New York for the first time was pretty cool. Seeing Manhattan at night is something you need to see once in your life.

Clean Coupe by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Missed a car show, but still found some cars out an about after the show. Almost as good I guess.

Rochester Show by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Rochester, Michigan also has a big car show every year. There was a good mix of hot rods and big custom American cars. But one car was crazy....

Crazy Cressida by E_Delaney, on Flickr

This Cressida that wasn't even a part of the show. He lived right next to the show and I couldn't help but going crazy over it.

Subaru Parade by E_Delaney, on Flickr

NSR was formed to to honor their friend Matt Marker who was lost in a crash last year at the Olympus Rally. Their idea to honor him included an attempt at the largest parade of Subarus in his hometown, starting right at his house.

Noble Star Rally Parade by E_Delaney, on Flickr

It's still being judged if it was official, but we defiantly broke the amount record, so it's a win for us.

Washington Fire by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Then a couple days later, it was time to leave for our trip across the country to Washington.

Noble Star Rally Olympus by E_Delaney, on Flickr

It was here a year ago Matt lost his life, and NSR wanted to go to show he's still here. With tons of help from the people who set up the rally, we finished our first rally. It was only the third rally for NSR, and after two blown engines, we finally did it. It may of been an 8th in class out if 9 or 10 cars, but dammit we finished.

Higgins Olympus by E_Delaney, on Flickr

I also shot the event with LifeBlasters. First time I've ever gotten a press pass for any event. It's totally a rush, but seeing cars come right at you, then passing at full speed is awesome. I can't wait for Sno*Drift next year. I'll be with NSR and LifeBlasters again!

AutoZone TVR by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Another trip to Autozone, two of many from this year.

Christine's Evil Sister by E_Delaney, on Flickr

A new event for my dad and I, and land speed record event. We went to the Ohio Mile event in Southern Ohio, and I'm now hooked on speed events. I cannot wait to get to the Salt Flats.

2200 HP Corvette by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Not to mention the 2200 H.P. Corvette that came out. Too bad they had some problems, and blew an engine I think. I know they could hot at least 250mph, but only got about 170 this time.

Shelby Replica by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Back to Ypsi to see who's still out Decmeber 1st.

Lingenfelter Callaway by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Hit the Lingenfelter collection for the annual visit. The cars may not change often, but you have to make it there at least once a year.

92s and RS3s by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The 240 is slowly coming together, this year I finally got some wheels and tires on her. It may not be much, but hey, it'll get there someday.

Noble Star Rally Rally X by E_Delaney, on Flickr

And to finish the year, back the the Rally X with NSR. It was cold, wet, muddy, but totally awesome. I know next year NSR will have an even better year, and hopefully I'll be there. Not to mention whatever else I can do for LifeBlasters. I know 2013 will be one of the best years yet, if not the best. I cannot wait to see what happens and where it'll go.​

Nice wrap up of the year, looks like you've had alot of fun alongside the track. Some great shots there.

I'm hoping to get around the track a bit more in 2013 myself, not really professionally, more of a hobby :)

Great to have you back NISM0, definitely has been awhile. #3, #5 and #7 are pure insanity, but that's definitely not to say the rest aren't fantastic either. :D

Back