NISM0_SKYLINE's Gallery: Random Stuff

Talking about the canon 50mmF1.8 mark 2 for a 100 grant??

I got it last week and love it. You can get so beautiful pictures out of it and that for a budget lens 👍 . Well as I don't have a FF dslr I got 80mm out of it. But still. Amazing lens

Need to update my thread too, once in a while.

Nice shots, like the heli gauges

Yep, I had to buy it because when I got my 5D, all I had was 70-200mm lens. I could do anything upclose.

Yes, it is a good lens for the price, I'll have to start losing it more, it's fun.

So this is my most viewed picture on Flickr:

Lighting - 787B by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

I finally bought a new tripod yesterday and was feeling a little bored. The 240was out and it was dark. The 787B picture popped into my head and well,

240 Lines by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

:D.​

Went by the Aston Dealership. They had a Vantage S out, and with the clouds, I though it looked cool.

S by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr​

Anyway, I'll be leaving for London in a week from now, so expect a lot from there, and one day on Oxford.

First two shots are :drool: .... Nice work! 👍 The rain and backdrop in the first shot really gives it that London feel :)

How the did you get that 787 on a photo? Is it a model car?!
Nice shots btw!:)

Yep, it an Autoart, thanks!

First two shots are :drool: .... Nice work! 👍 The rain and backdrop in the first shot really gives it that London feel :)

Thank you. The R8 was there for a couple days then was gone, and another car photographer that found me down a small road in the rain at 9 o'clock at night told me about the Performante.

So, I figured I'd update with a little more London Scenery.

The Eye by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Westminster by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

St. John's by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Ben by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

St Martin In The Fields by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

St Bartholomew by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

And one car :dopey:.

CK Matte by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr​

Well I'm glad I threw the R8 in there then. And thanks Mac, the church was cool because it was so foggy from the incenses, it looks so old.

So I guess I'll join the 2011 bandwagon too like a few other people. Overall, it was a good year I'd say. I got two vacations and saw a lot of neat things. Hopefully 2012 will yeild more.

To start, a museum visit to the Walter P. Chrysler museum.

Walter P by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

To start, a museum visit to the Walter P. Chrysler museum.

1M by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

No one who likes cars in Michigan missed the Inernational Autoshow, one of the only International things in Detroit at the moment.

Burke Snow by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

A quick drive up north brings us to the Rally America's Sno*Drift, probably the most fun I have with the snow.

Autorama by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Then it's back down to Detroit for the Autorama car show. It's like the Autoshow, but with customs, muscle cars, imports, and rat rods. It's fun to see the rat rod guys and show car guys admire eachother's work.

MRT Stack by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Every now and then one of the many tuning shops around Metro Detroit will hold an open house, like the MRT company. If you want to make your Mustang move, these guys are ready.

Typical Michigan by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

And what's Michigan without the test cars and prototypes. These are pretty common, but it's always exciting guess what it could be. This is the new Malibu.

Lingenfelter by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

A swing past the well know Lingenfelter garage is always a treat with all the cars hiding in his collection.

FXX by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

First vacation was out to sunny California. The first stop, Ferrari Racing Days at Laguna Seca. My first time at the track, and know I can't wait to get back.

LA Traffic by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

With a drive down the coast, we're in LA. A treasure trove of cars, you never know what will show up.

The Belle by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Can't have a trip to California without stopping by Cars and Coffee in Irvine.

Pinckney Square by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Back in Michgan, we stopped by are town car show here in Pinckney. May not be a Cars and Coffee, but in a tiny town, it seems so right.

6356292365_9e76744753_z.jpg

Tried a new car show on the first Saturday of each month. This VW on 1552's was a little different, for Michigan atleast.

Gumball by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Just after that, we stumbled across the Michigan Gumball. They race from a Ferrari dealership, up the the UP, then back over the weekend. It's a pretty cool idea and all the people have fun with it.

Robertson by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Finally got some more racing in the year. This time it was at Mid Ohio with the ALMS series. First time in the rain for me, but it was in no way a bad thing.

Cooper by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

A little Cooper Tires support race ran too.

Woodward by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

A typical cruise night on Woodward. Every Friday and Saturday you can find anything out there.

Pass Times by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

The TV show Pass Times came out to Milan Dragway to film some episodes. Very fun group of people and everyone was in good spirits.

Ganassi by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Back down the Mid Ohio for the Grand Am Series.

Lightweights by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Also running with there support group.

Cruise by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Then to the famous Dreamcruise. 1.5 millsion people come out to see thousands of cars cruise Woodward.

Stielow by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Back to our Cars and Coffee at a small toy store. Every Saturday people show up to talk and look at cars. Never know what will show up, like Mark Stielow's and his Camaro.

Ypsi by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

And yet another monthly get together down in Ypsilanti. This one is a little tougher to get to because it's only known as "The Garage." Filled with cars, people show up to talk, just like anywhere else.

Cafe by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

A bike show held by a Cafe Racer shop was something new. I love the looks of Cafe Racers, and this show had quite a few laying around.

RRR 1 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Biggest trip was our trip to London. It never gets old, no matter how many times you visit, you always come back with a bigger list of to-dos.

240 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

And then the whole year, here and there, went to the 240. The work will never be done with the car because of changes and looks, but it will always be around.

Overall, I had a good year. I can't say that I disliked any of it and would redo anything. I missed not getting to an Le Mons this year, but that's what 2012 is for. So far, we have ALMS, Grand Am, Le Mons, Gumball 3000, IRL, and many others pallned for 2012. I'm positive that 2012 will be the best year. We may have another trip to California coming, but who knows. And hopefully I'll get a way to move out there, that's my whole goal :lol:.​

I really hope you can look across all the work you've posted recently and see that you've improved so much over the years. I'm really impressed with your progress, particularly with motorsport images.

I'm really liking this one in particular -

Also the 787B shot at the top of the page is very, very cool. You've got the light trail thing down perfectly.

If I had to give some constructive criticism (for your track shots at least) is to drop the shutter speed a bit more, experiment a bit. You might find a technique/angle that you really like just by playing. Sure you might end up with a lower 'keeper rate' but I'm sure you'd prefer to come away with that one amazing image rather than a hundred normal photos.

But I've been impressed this year and I hope you keep at it in 2012! :)

Thank you. I often look through my photos to see the change. Every race I learn something new, plus watching and looking at other photos on here really helped my along.

That overhead shot was just an experiment to see what it would even look like. I'll be using it more next year for sure. The 787B photo, I can't get that same pattern back anymore, I'm not sure how I managed that.

I'll try the lower shutter speed for sure next year. This was the first year I started to mess around with full manual settings, so I just tried to keep the shutter speed high. The rally should be a perfect place to test it out with all the different angles and views. 2012 should be an amazing year and I see no reason why I'll stop. I can't wait for all the events we're planning to go to, especially the Gumball 3000.

I don't know who here knows the website LifeBlasters, but I'll be doing an article for them this January covering the Sno*Drift Rally. It's cool yes, but the best part is I can use them to get a media pass and go anywhere, which is epic. I'm excited, since getting a press pass for anything is awesome, but for me, being rally is really awesome. I'll be putting photos up on here too, so it's a positive for many people :lol:. That's really it though, I just got the email back, so I'm all hyped up!

^ That is awesome! 👍 Can't wait to see some of your shots. Good luck man! :)

^ That is awesome! 👍 Can't wait to see some of your shots. Good luck man! :)

Thanks, I can't wait. I'll try to get the shots up on here as early as I can!

The Ford GT in the rain, omg :drool:

What lens are you using?

I know, the rain was fun. I use a 70-200mm F/4L for most of my them, inculding that one. My other lens is a 17-40mm F/4L Wide Angle.

So, I went to the Detroit Auto Show today:

LFC by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Bugster by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

BRZ by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

R8 GT by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Zoom Zoom by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

The Future by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Model 40 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

But, I took more pictures of this car then any other.

The SL by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

300 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

SL by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

300 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Then an FF at the Ferrari Dealership.

The FF by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Akward Ferrari by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr​

Enjoy!

Nice shots again. Nice rally shots (love rally shots)

Thanks, I love rally too so it was really fun.

Very cool! 👍 Your shots turned out very good. It mustve been a challenge to get the night shots or not?

Yea, it's sweet. And it wasn't too bad, I bought a pretty good flash two days before I left, so that made it a little easier. But I wasn't use to how it worked so each car was something different.

Just stumbled upon this thread and wow, the rain and London pics are stunning! Great photography, glad to see that you are able to connect with cars in real life. 👍

Just stumbled upon this thread and wow, the rain and London pics are stunning! Great photography, glad to see that you are able to connect with cars in real life. 👍

Thank you. It's good to know some people still look through the photography area :lol:.

Here's some more photos from the Sno*Drift

Icey Nose by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Road Ahead by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Bandit by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Song by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

523 by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Matte Subaru by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr​

Decided to throw this one in here, mostly to jump start the thread again. I bought a 2x extender a few weeks ago for later this year at various races, but one thing I really wanted to do was get a good shot of the moon. I will be playing around with night sky pictures this year for sure, but this is more or less a test of it. I'm pretty happy with it. I also was surprised at how far the moon moved in a small amout of time. When I started it was on the left side of the frame.

Moon Sky by E_Delaney, on Flickr​

What lens did you use for the moon shot with the extender? The previous shots in the snow are nice as well... 👍 Was that lonely RS4 parked in that spot or was it a planned shot?? :)

Back