Nissan GT-R Nismo Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 262 comments
Sat down for another session last evening but wife came home early so only got 30 mins.

Improved to 1'27.083.

I can match Ramon and Dennis in T1 (and beat them occasionally), lose virtually nothing in T2, but still a pile of time to find in T3... The corner at the end of the back straight is killing me!

Hopefully I'll get chance to run again over the weekend.

You will get there and beat at least me. No doubt

Look what i found in my mailbox. I think it's hilarious

image.jpeg

What the hell has happened to the curbs!? They're like god damned ice now. They weren't like that last time I played this TT

Might say a great big 🤬 You to this TT now, it's stupid now they've changed it

Last edited:
Very interesting is SYMONGT5MERD replay . Brake calipers are painted (orange) . In this GTR calipers aren't painting .
Cheaters is more and ruined trials , this is no funny . :rolleyes:
Nothing weird there, he's using standard brakes, calipers are yellow/orange, if you use racing brakes they're grey.

Well, I just hammered out about 6 or 7 more laps. I'm still a bit off from @Stewyripper and @t_wilson01 lap times on my friends list, but I improved my lap by over a full second. I honestly don't know if I have any more left in me to improve this time...I'm down to a 1:30.209 in 1905th place, which is very good for me. :D

One of these days I'll muster the will to sit down and spend 2 or 3 hours on a Seasonal Event Super Lap -- I keep telling myself that. :banghead: I'm actually surprised by this time because I don't feel comfortable at all throughout the entire lap. Well, except for the high speed run to the finish line. I might give @SW__10's tune a try tomorrow. Just to see if I feel a little more comfortable behind the wheel. It's probably the track though...This might be my LEAST favorite track in the entire game (not counting the dirt & snow tracks).

EDIT: Why is it still listing that cheater BrunoBLAK as the Online Record holder on the pre-race screen? I've checked the World Leaderboard and he was in like 5th or 6th place. I even backed out and re-entered and it's not updating to show the true current Online Record holder's name.

What the hell has happened to the curbs!? They're like god damned ice now. They weren't like that last time I played this TT

Might say a great big 🤬 You to this TT now, it's stupid now they've changed it
Well it's a damn luck they made my curbs like ice straight from the beginning...Naah jus kiddings, what the hell? Did you do something to the settings? Have you restored body rigidity?

@ALB123 it takes me 2-3 almost everyday, if I wan't to see myself in top 100 at the end... I mean my first stint of 2 to 3 hours on teitzy tune gave me times around 1.29 on second stint they dropped under 1.28 and on third try I did laps around 1.27:5 and finally yesterday I got to 1.27.2xx so you see how my times correlate with my mileage? I mean I have to spend time learning, I have to run around the track countless of times constantly thinking how could I get faster, where are the brakin points, cambers on the road etc. For example this track has really weird driving lines, I mean initial approach was wrong in pretty much every corners, but after I started to find those sort of "hidden" driving lines my lap times dropped. But yeah, study the track and practise those fast lines!

Last edited:
ODB
Well it's a damn luck they made my curbs like ice straight from the beginning...Naah jus kiddings, what the hell? Did you do something to the settings? Have you restored body rigidity?

I really have no idea :confused: All I've done is apply @SW__10's tune. No body rigidity.

I checked my best time replay and it's fine. Now if I put wheels on the curbs, they spin. Just like on that yellow stuff on the outside of turn 6.

I have lacked TT motivation lately but, after trying this one tonight I may have rekindled some motivation.
Really like this combination and will definitely have to do a few more laps this weekend.

Edit, guess it should write my lap time, lol. 1:26.842

Welcome back :)

Not lost any speed whilst you've been away!

I really have no idea :confused: All I've done is apply @SW__10's tune. No body rigidity.

I checked my best time replay and it's fine. Now if I put wheels on the curbs, they spin. Just like on that yellow stuff on the outside of turn 6.

It might be that my tune has more torque than the previous tune you were using?

lol. 1:26.842

Lol indeed :lol:

What do you recon, are you "the fastest girl in the (gt)world"? Sure does look like it from where I'm standing :bowdown:

EDIT:@Growling after a half a lap in @SW__10 tune (thanks mate:cheers:) I'm pretty sure it's the tune that makes the car slide more. I did some testing between stock chassis and improved one on teitzy tune, and it really seemed obvious, stiffer the car is, more it's gonna slide. And yeah, this tune is gonna need a whole new approach, let's see if I get even close to my current record :cheers:

BTW great tune once again from SW, goes around those tight hairpins at the end like dream 👍

Last edited:
Long session this afternoon. Down to 1:27.102. 1:26.xxx in sight... Keep pushing.

@sw_10 your tune is focused in a driver able to handle a very sensitive rear axle. I'm less than an average driver and I'm still stick to my adapted tune :lol:.

If anybody is interested in my tune I could share it but it's nothing like a tune because it's like a Frankenstein made from others' tunes :lol:.

ODB
EDIT:@Growling after a half a lap in @SW__10 tune (thanks mate:cheers:) I'm pretty sure it's the tune that makes the car slide more. I did some testing between stock chassis and improved one on teitzy tune, and it really seemed obvious, stiffer the car is, more it's gonna slide. And yeah, this tune is gonna need a whole new approach, let's see if I get even close to my current record :cheers:

I didn't find the car a handful, I found it literally only span the wheels when on the curbs. It was nice otherwise

Long session this afternoon. Down to 1:27.102. 1:26.xxx in sight... Keep pushing.

@sw_10 your tune is focused in a driver able to handle a very sensitive rear axle. I'm less than an average driver and I'm still stick to my adapted tune :lol:.

If anybody is interested in my tune I could share it but it's nothing like a tune because it's like a Frankenstein made from others' tunes :lol:.
Sure, bring it on mate! Although I think I should stick to the same tune since I could still shave off some time with teitzy tune, and to be honest I didn't do more than couple of laps in SW tune yesterday, I went to do some quick matches :D

I didn't find the car a handful, I found it literally only span the wheels when on the curbs. It was nice otherwise
Yeah I can definitely see how this tune felt more slippery on curbs, especially on that right hand curb coming out from T1 car just slides a way, when on teitzy tune you could just stick to the curb with no problem, but yeah, it's a driving style issue. Would be a mess if they went on changing the track every now and then :lol:

Last edited:
So, here are my current settings for the Nismo GT-R.

Nissan GT-R Nismo

600 pp, 626 bhp, 684 Nm 1400 kg.

Body rigidity improvement done

105/60
13.65/15.48
4/8
4/8
1/7
0/0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brakes 2/10

Gearbox

FG: 4.000
Max speed 137mph (min)
1: 3.505
2: 2.542
3: 2.127
4: 1.770
5: 1.499
6: 1.265
FG: 2500

Transmission

Triple clutch, Carbon shaft.
Diff: 30:70

LSD front: 10/12/16. Rear: 18/50/10

Power 92.8%
Racing Exh, Iso & Cat.

Ballast: 22kg @ 50
All weight reductions.

As I said, it's highly based in @Teitzy's tune with some parts like the gearbox taken from @SW__10's tune. So the whole acknowledgment must go to their work. :cheers:

I finally won gold on this one with a time of 1:32.325.

Upgrades Used:
Sports: Soft Tires
Racing Brakes - F/R Balance 10/10
Fully Custom Transmission - Final Gear: 4.000; Max. Speed: 193mph
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Torque-Sensing Differential - F/R Torque Split: 25/75
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction - Stage 2
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Resulting Specs:
600PP
627 horsepower
510 ft/lbs of torque
1,447 kilograms
2.30 kg/hp

🤬 YES,Finally did it with my own weird tune :odd: or i just found the right line...1:27.711,can not believe i have done this.Yep i am one happy fella :D. I dont get much time at the moment,but i just wanted to crack this on my own...my ds3 and ol auto are happy with that......:)
Well done mate, I knew you could do it :)👍
Now all I need to do is put it all together and join you in the "27" club :lol: Not that far off just need to nail the tight double turn at the end :ouch:
:cheers:

Back