Nissan GT-R Nismo Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 262 comments
Well done guys :bowdown:, great to see such great improvement from everyone. 👍 I just went with the "Gold and Done" approach with this event and been concentrating on the stock challenge for this event. Its a lot more fun and challenging with this car as opposed to the all out power assault here. :P Car is really great to drive in its stock form and has become one of my favorite cars in the game. Anyways, keep up the great work here guys, its great to see everyone here so enthusiastic and having fun. :cheers:

After an hour, I'm sat at 1:29.978, for 1660th in the world. Using a slightly modified Teitzy tune. Not bad considering I'd never driven this track before, and, my first TT where everyone is using the same car, and the same tyres.

I need more laps. But, I'll be happy with a top 1500 place.

Well done mate, I knew you could do it :)👍
Now all I need to do is put it all together and join you in the "27" club :lol: Not that far off just need to nail the tight double turn at the end :ouch:
:cheers:

thanx mate,yep them sharpies are a bugga,i just hugged them,i made most of my speed in the last couple,good luck mate,i will bash the others when i get home Tuesday........and thanx to ev1 else for the thumbs up.

You little Ripper YES :D
Got there at last 1:27.939 to sneak into the top #200 woo hoo :lol::lol: ( I am very happy with this)

That will do me for now, no need to try and beat me old china lisanorm I'm close enough 👍
I am on pace to get .200 faster but just can't nail the tight turns :ouch:
Thanks for pushing me Norm I would have given up if not for your support ;)

I'm sat at 1:29.978, for 1660th in the world. Using a slightly modified Teitzy tune. Not bad considering I'd never driven this track before, and, my first TT where everyone is using the same car, and the same tyres.

I need more laps. But, I'll be happy with a top 1500 place.

Scratch that. Switched over to nowcontrol's tune on page 6, with a few little tweaks. It suits my driving style a little better.

1:28.853. 530th place.

Not too shabby. I reckon there's another two or three tenths in there. I should add, that I'm using a DS3, and auto transmission.

So there's absolutely nothing else to use for braking point on T1 than that 150 sing, break when you can see the numbers? It just feels that I'm too slow for that :lol:

"don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes" would be nice to have something bit more solid to use there:lol:

ODB
So there's absolutely nothing else to use for braking point on T1 than that 150 sing, break when you can see the numbers? It just feels that I'm too slow for that :lol:

"don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes" would be nice to have something bit more solid to use there:lol:

Is there something written on it? :dunce: I never noticed... :lol: Anyway, I brake, as you said, at an undeterminated point before that little black sign. With the pass of the miles I got used and now I nail it 9/10 times. Maybe the aliens out there receive a mental "bip" sound at the precise moment of perfect braking, like the current F1 drivers receive a "bip" to change the gear up.:lol:

Is there something written on it? :dunce: I never noticed... :lol: Anyway, I brake, as you said, at an undeterminated point before that little black sign. With the pass of the miles I got used and now I nail it 9/10 times. Maybe the aliens out there receive a mental "bip" sound at the precise moment of perfect braking, like the current F1 drivers receive a "bip" to change the gear up.:lol:
I mean those white sings, what to you call them.. Approach sings :D but yeah, that first white sing on the left side, I brake when I can make you the numbers, but like I said, it's nothing too solid, I mean I'm nothing too sold trough there :lol: but yeah, I got trouble all the way trough the lap, but that T1 just makes this rather hard, nailing it like 3 out of 10 is just not enough... Makes me a bit mad :lol:

ODB

Pit exit wall (track side) as it flashes past on your right, say "and" then brake.

Sound a little stupid? Possibly. But it works for me.

Edit: This of course, depends on your line out onto the banking.

Last edited:
Well i'm done. No time to run anymore, will be out of town till after the deadline. Down to a 26.3 for P7. Hope i can a maintain a place in the top 10. Will be my first ever, fingers crossed.

Tried @nicokin89 tip to use @SW__10 tune. But instead of gaining a second i lost a second :lol:

Well good luck everybody, i enjoyed this one alot altho i hate those GT-R's

ODB
I mean those white sings, what to you call them.. Approach sings :D but yeah, that first white sing on the left side, I brake when I can make you the numbers, but like I said, it's nothing too solid, I mean I'm nothing too sold trough there :lol: but yeah, I got trouble all the way trough the lap, but that T1 just makes this rather hard, nailing it like 3 out of 10 is just not enough... Makes me a bit mad :lol:

DSC_1216.jpg

I did a quick lap this afternoon. I misunderstood you, I thought that you are using the same reference as me. I use this kind of speed trap or traffic light as reference, not the approach sign. When I'm within two cars distance I brake hardly. I know that is not a scientific method, but it worked for me. Maybe @Bivittavus88 approach is better.

Cheers!

Thanks guys for braking point tips. I was running sw tune and got couple of laps bit under 1:27.5 after couple of hours jumped back to teitzy tune but lap times are pretty much similar. With really really good lap there's 1:26.999 at my sight in both tunes, just having bit different trouble spots trough out the lap in both tunes. Sw tune is sweet at the end but feels relly stiff at that first set of corners (first two sectors) teitzy is easier to get fast trought there, but at the end it seems easier to make a mess of your lap, at least this is how it seemed to me. Luckily I got some sort of rythymn for that T1 established.

Damn this is quite demanding track. I mean of course it gets bit demanding after you get your lap times closer to top, but I think it makes it easy to loose time since the way those corners connect to each other. I mean first two sectors you are basically either on the corner, coming out of one or going in the next one constantly, and the slightest mistake anywhere there and it .2 lost straight away, witout change to recovery. Same thing at the end of the track. Pfffft.... With really really good lap I could get lap undet 1:27 but it really seems that it's not gonna happen, unless I figure something really good out tonight.

Damn, almost done 2000km already but feels like I'm yet to do a single clean lap... I mean jeez, must have been nice to run GTA here :lol: What car was it on back in 2010? What other tracks have been used??

Good luck for all still trying to improve 👍

Finally 1.27.976 for 225th.

Many thanks to @praiano63 for his amazing tune, I learn to keep in track with it and managed 1.28.2xx, then i tried @IBZ6L20VT tune and only changed ballast position to 0 and down to 1.27.976.

@t_wilson01 don't give up, you can do better, try @IBZ6L20VT tune and say something:cheers:

Glad it helped. But I would like to say again that the aknowlegdment of that tune must go to @Teitzy and @SW__10. I just adjusted a little bit the great work they've done.

ODB
Thanks guys for braking point tips. I was running sw tune and got couple of laps bit under 1:27.5 after couple of hours jumped back to teitzy tune but lap times are pretty much similar. With really really good lap there's 1:26.999 at my sight in both tunes, just having bit different trouble spots trough out the lap in both tunes. Sw tune is sweet at the end but feels relly stiff at that first set of corners (first two sectors) teitzy is easier to get fast trought there, but at the end it seems easier to make a mess of your lap, at least this is how it seemed to me. Luckily I got some sort of rythymn for that T1 established.

Damn this is quite demanding track. I mean of course it gets bit demanding after you get your lap times closer to top, but I think it makes it easy to loose time since the way those corners connect to each other. I mean first two sectors you are basically either on the corner, coming out of one or going in the next one constantly, and the slightest mistake anywhere there and it .2 lost straight away, witout change to recovery. Same thing at the end of the track. Pfffft.... With really really good lap I could get lap undet 1:27 but it really seems that it's not gonna happen, unless I figure something really good out tonight.

Damn, almost done 2000km already but feels like I'm yet to do a single clean lap... I mean jeez, must have been nice to run GTA here :lol: What car was it on back in 2010? What other tracks have been used??

Good luck for all still trying to improve 👍

In the last TT, if I recall correctly, you beated me the last days of the competition, when I wasn't unable to get faster. Surely it was a harder car to drive fast, so I do know that you can get into the 1:26s. Maybe you already got tired after so many kilometers, but be sure that you can.👍

In the last TT, if I recall correctly, you beated me the last days of the competition, when I wasn't unable to get faster. Surely it was a harder car to drive fast, so I do know that you can get into the 1:26s. Maybe you already got tired after so many kilometers, but be sure that you can.👍

Hey thanks for the encouragement! And it ain't over till the fat lady sings :D but yeah, that LFA event was something completely different, everything was so very very difficult, and if I'm honest I had a quite lucky run on my record lap there, I mean things just rolled my way for that whole lap, and I managed to keep my cool. Here I have to push the car more since it has so much grip and the track is quite easy(maybe easy is a wrong word, but let's say fairly simple) making it insanely hard to improve after certain point.

I think I have to give your tune a go, I need something fresh to try. You were quite right saying I may be bit tired, I mean I was suppose to take some brake from TT's but since this was a new track car combo, I coud not resist grinding it.

Last edited:
This gearbox knocked few hundredz of a second off my time.....

Reset To Default
Final Gear To 5000
Max Speed To 137mph
Final Gear 3200/3250

Im currently placed temporarily 55th with 1.27.109.....Using a hybrid tune that I made....I have tried a few of the gearbox setups in this thread, but for some reason couldnt quite get to grips with them :banghead: .... Decided to have a shot at trying sumthing a little different and it paid off by knocking off a few hundredz of a second off my time :cool: .... Maybe useful to sum of u guyz if ur having issues with knocking off a little more time, it worked for me :), i cant promise it will work for u tho lol..... Give it a shot :cheers:

btw : If using isometric manifold or intake the top speed limiter will kick in....i only use racing exhaust and catalytic converter.........

Guvna

Last edited:
Managed to do some improvement, I combined SW power, weight and gear ratios to teitzy tune (ballast at 30) changed front RH to 125 and front toe to 0. :cheers:

God bless you tuners, god bless you all :bowdown:

Oh yeah, still didn't get under .27 but there's definitely a window for it...

ODB
Managed to do some improvement, I combined SW power, weight and gear ratios to teitzy tune (ballast at 30) changed front RH to 125 and front toe to 0. :cheers:

God bless you tuners, god bless you all :bowdown:

Oh yeah, still didn't get under .27 but there's definitely a window for it...

I felt the fear of having you on the fight to catch me and ran a session this afternoon. I managed a 1:26.794. It's amazing how I found better ways to attack the bends so many days after it began... Just two days ago I was wondering if I could reach a 1:26.9xx!:lol:

I felt the fear of having you on the fight to catch me and ran a session this afternoon. I managed a 1:26.794. It's amazing how I found better ways to attack the bends so many days after it began... Just two days ago I was wondering if I could reach a 1:26.9xx!:lol:
Well you did pretty good job, kept yourself in front of me 👍 To make such lap time you really have to stay on a perfect line trough out the whole track!! And yeah, I was bit skeptical about improving yesterday (it usually seems possible, doesn't mean it will happen) and I wad just about to give it a rest yesterday when I made some changes to my tune and some how got to the zone hittin some 5 really good laps almost on the row, really nice burst of adrenaline and just couple of really tiny mistakes kept me from seeing 26's

But yeah to excel oneself is one of the best feelings in life! Takes a lot of effort, but the fact that I'm still quite happy about my good lap yesterday tells it all!! Gonna do a stint tonight to make sure I've done the best I could, that's the thing that matters most at the end of the day :cheers:

Last edited:
Could someone do me a favour? Check what the time is for whoever is in 500th place in the rankings?

Since it got laggy is a real nightmare to check the leaderboards far from your current position so I can't help you with that. Sorry.

Keep pushing yourselves Awesome improvements by all here. :bowdown: :) Remember, with persistence comes success. 👍

Being today the last day of competition and without time to put on the game I think that I'm done with this. Nonetheless, be sure that my improvement of the last days came from persistence although I don't forget the great job done by the tuners the early days. Btw, I missed you on the battle.

ODB
Well you did pretty good job, kept yourself in front of me 👍 To make such lap time you really have to stay on a perfect line trough out the whole track!! And yeah, I was bit skeptical about improving yesterday (it usually seems possible, doesn't mean it will happen) and I wad just about to give it a rest yesterday when I made some changes to my tune and some how got to the zone hittin some 5 really good laps almost on the row, really nice burst of adrenaline and just couple of really tiny mistakes kept me from seeing 26's

But yeah to excel oneself is one of the best feelings in life! Takes a lot of effort, but the fact that I'm still quite happy about my good lap yesterday tells it all!! Gonna do a stint tonight to make sure I've done the best I could, that's the thing that matters most at the end of the day :cheers:

I've put in bold some sentences that perfectly could be said by me at any point. I could do nothing but agree with you. It's really nice to have this healthy battle until the very end. That's what I like about TTs. That feeling of improvement, of breaking your own boundaries... is priceless.

In bold what happened with me one second just behind you. I managed a 1:27.672 . Just two days ago I was wondering if I could reach a 1:27.9xx! :D

In bold what happened with me one second just behind you. I managed a 1:27.672 . Just two days ago I was wondering if I could reach a 1:27.9xx! :D

That's what all this time trial thing is about. Setting a time thinking it will be your best possible time and then, with perseverance (and some other things like reading advices here, fiddling with tunes, watching aliens' replays, etc.), you beat it.

Put in a sly couple of hours tonight, practiced and practiced those tight double turns and got that .200 I new I had in me. :P

1:27.769 for #181 :D
Still just .058 behind my mate Norm :lol:

For an average driver like me and using AT I am very happy with this :)

Back