Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/nissan-to-reveal-new-lmp1-racecar-during-super-bowl-ad-120314

nissanpromo.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

Nissan said it will unveil it during it's Super Bowl ad so as to maximize awareness of it's WEC programme and new technologies.

Was this announced in the video or elsewhere ?. Not questioning the announcement just trying to connect the dots. 👍

Edit* Tree'd by @ProjectWHaT

A subscription to iTunes?

I'd put money on it that it will be the Panoz Esperente GT-1 premium version with Nissan written all over it! Just like they did with the deltathing, because Ben Bowlby

Fixed.

Ben Bowbly only designed the ZOED for Nissan. He designed the Delta Wing as an IndyCar for Chip Ganassi and worked for Lola before that. He never designed for Panoz.

Point was, it was a response to this:

TDZdave
because Nissan cant seem to get their own race car ideas

When the whole Deltawing design concept was thought up by Ben Bowlby, who was hired away from the Deltawing consortium (which included Don Panoz) and has since designed the ZEOD and has likely done the same for their LMP1. In a way, he did design for Don Panoz because he did the redesign to make it work as a Sportscar after Indycar shot down the idea.

(Hi, first post on GTP, sorry if my english is clumsy at times) ;)
If the rumors about the placement of the engine and the overall power of the car reveal to be true, it will be a really exiting WEC season, or at least a really exiting Le Mans 24. It's clear that with that type of car they would be aiming to La Sarthe circuit.
It will be intrtesting how the car will behave in the other races too, and if they'll be able to fight for the championship.
I hope only that the whole project won't be a letdown and they won't race in a limbo between the other LMP1s and the Rebellions....meanwhile can't wait to test it in some way (preferibly asap in GT6) :sly:

(Hi, first post on GTP, sorry if my english is clumsy at times) ;)
If the rumors about the placement of the engine and the overall power of the car reveal to be true, it will be a really exiting WEC season, or at least a really exiting Le Mans 24. It's clear that with that type of car they would be aiming to La Sarthe circuit.
It will be intrtesting how the car will behave in the other races too, and if they'll be able to fight for the championship.
I hope only that the whole project won't be a letdown and they won't race in a limbo between the other LMP1s and the Rebellions....meanwhile can't wait to test it in some way (preferibly asap in GT6) :sly:
Welcome to GTPlanet!

I won't mind that is a new Nissan... If the sound is not one of those stupid generic that every single LMP car has.
PD put the real sound in the car for us to enjoy it the best way possible, but seeing the last dlc cars since the Nismo I have to say that PD is making an effort to improve the sound.
If it is a generic sound, GT will go back to the shell collecting dust.

I won't mind that is a new Nissan... If the sound is not one of those stupid generic that every single LMP car has.
PD put the real sound in the car for us to enjoy it the best way possible, but seeing the last dlc cars since the Nismo I have to say that PD is making an effort to improve the sound.
If it is a generic sound, GT will go back to the shell collecting dust.

Seeing as it's basically a 1.6l F1 turbo engine it might actually be one engine PD get spot on..

Although having (probably) heard it on Cosworth's transient dyno a few weeks back it does seem to sound more interesting than the current F1 engines, no thermal ERS to take energy out the exhaust.

Seeing as it's basically a 1.6l F1 turbo engine it might actually be one engine PD get spot on..

Although having (probably) heard it on Cosworth's transient dyno a few weeks back it does seem to sound more interesting than the current F1 engines, no thermal ERS to take energy out the exhaust.
Most definitely not a 1.6L.

Who to believe!? So many Nissan 'insiders' on every forum and media outlet here to Autosport to 10-10th's to twitter to jalopnik and on and on...

Who to believe!? So many Nissan 'insiders' on every forum and media outlet here to Autosport to 10-10th's to twitter to jalopnik and on and on...
I saw an hour long presentation given by Mr Bowlby himself, and even had the privilege of seeing it's uniqueness in my rear view mirror while I was out testing a car. I've seen it, I've heard it, I lived it. :P

I saw an hour long presentation given by Mr Bowlby himself, and even had the privilege of seeing it's uniqueness in my rear view mirror while I was out testing a car. I've seen it, I've heard it, I lived it. :P
Have you heard anything about when it's coming to GT?

I got to speak to Bowlby waaaaaaaaay back in 2010 when it was an IndyCar proposal. Such different times... I was so fat.

32260_121971704501060_4957432_n.jpg

32260_121971697834394_986711_n.jpg

Last edited:

Most importantly, Did you love it? :sly:

Guessing it gets added to the game during a timeframe of after the SuperB owl commercial and the time it hits the track for the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Then a few months or weeks after that to cover any delays. :P

Guessing it gets added to the game during a timeframe of after the SuperB owl commercial and the time it hits the track for the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Then a few months or weeks after that to cover any delays. :P
Likely a potential Febuary release, doubt they'd release it during January with whatever they're planning to drop.

Back