Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
The way people use a 15 year old PlayStation game slogan as some sort of arguing point is rather comical.

How is it comical when PD still uses that slogan after 15 years?

GranTurismo6.jpg

He means how it is comical that people make fun of it for being called "The Real Driving Simulator".

I understood it as him saying that it's comical that some people consider a 15 year old slogan to be relevant today... Well I guess he can clarify it if he wants

I cant believe people are complaining about something as trivial as drivetrain and hybrid specs. Its really sad, imo, since its an actual car that has yet to race. So were getting an exclusive, a HUGE exclusive and we still have complaints even though were not sure its specs. Either way it runs, FF or PART-TIME AWD, the cars intent was the latter. It may have run that way in tests but was abandoned for reliability reasons. Just the same for its "mj class". It may have ran 4, 6, 8 maybe more, but the reliability of the flywheels didnt meet their expectation.

Will people complain if the front wheels are 16" and not 18" like they will race with this year? We could go on and on. Just like the TS030 in game releasing hybrid energy after 120kmh, or every instance after braking. Nitpicking is what it is. Im just happy were even getting the car, as a bonus- this early!

I like that they kept the 'Retro-Simplicity' of the livery. Most throwbacks these days try to mix things up and ruin the livery while doing it due to stubborn sponsors. It's not stunning, but it's nice.

I like that they kept the 'Retro-Simplicity' of the livery. Most throwbacks these days try to mix things up and ruin the livery while doing it due to stubborn sponsors. It's not stunning, but it's nice.

To be fair, Nissan couldn't do much more to that livery. Other than the lack of Calsonic sponsorship, there wasn't much more that they missed. So, it was easy to carry it over to the GT-R LM. It's simple, but it doesn't ruin the original design.

Wouldn't their GT Academy drivers, Ordonez et al, have verified the performance and handling of the in-game version? The modellers can tweak the settings to make it do whatever they want. Should be capable of low 3:20 laps at Le Mans that's really all it needs to be.

#21 is a homage of Group C Nissan, and #23 has simple red livery. I wonder what livery #22 has. R390-or-R391-like livery is very nice, I believe. Of course any livery is welcome in GT6 to me.

Last edited:
Wouldn't their GT Academy drivers, Ordonez et al, have verified the performance and handling of the in-game version? The modellers can tweak the settings to make it do whatever they want. Should be capable of low 3:20 laps at Le Mans that's really all it needs to be.

That's fairly optimistic for a brand-new car that's not fully developed, especially bearing in mind that the pole time last year was a 3:21.

That's fairly optimistic for a brand-new car that's not fully developed, especially bearing in mind that the pole time last year was a 3:21.

The pole time will be smashed this year by the latest cars, which have been 3-4 seconds faster than last year's models in testing and at Silverstone and Spa... when they are able to utilise their full energy quota at Le Mans expect sub 3.15's...

So Nissan aiming for a 3.20 is pretty reasonable, any slower and they'd be way too slow.

Back