Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
Wouldn't their GT Academy drivers, Ordonez et al, have verified the performance and handling of the in-game version? The modellers can tweak the settings to make it do whatever they want. Should be capable of low 3:20 laps at Le Mans that's really all it needs to be.

Didn't Lucas or Jann post a tweet a few weeks ago when he was in japan saying he'd been to PD and tested "something big" or something like that. Perhaps he was testing the car in game ready for this?

I don't think one machine counts as "Something big" (Unless it's the Tank Car or the Toronado), maybe as a part of that "Something big".

I don't think one machine counts as "Something big" (Unless it's the Tank Car or the Toronado), maybe as a part of that "Something big".
There will have been more than a touch of marketing hyperbole, of course.

Didn't Lucas or Jann post a tweet a few weeks ago when he was in japan saying he'd been to PD and tested "something big" or something like that. Perhaps he was testing the car in game ready for this?
I don't think one machine counts as "Something big"
I agree with @sparkytooth, the Nissan LMP1 isn't "something big". In my opinion, "something big" would be something that would acutally take us by surprise. We expected that car to be in GT6 at some point months before the actual tweets, so this isn't "something big" at all.

I think GT being the first game to get the most talked about racing car in the world is big. The GT-R LM Nismo is the hottest motorsport topic, bar the Mercedes F1 debacle, at the moment and having it compete in GT before it races in reality is a huge coup.

Oh I think you'll find that the Nissan LMP1 is "something big" to Lucas. It's an LMP1 for Le Mans. Motorsport doesn't get much bigger than that.

It's not at all unlikely that he was referring to completing setup work and testing of the car in GT6.
If he was talking about his personal opinion on that car being in the game, then I get that it is "something big" to him. But if he was talking about it being something big for us and for the game, well... it just isn't. At least to me it isn't, it's just another LMP1, maybe (surely) the most recent one, but nothing breath taking about it. If anything, it's the less impressive LMP1 in my opinion.

I suspect once it's running at it's full potential, you may change your opinion.
I doubt it. Just to be clear and also to be fair, I'm not considering its potential speed, my opinion is solely based on the way it looks, which is terrible in my opinion, the only thing that makes it look a bit better is the fact that they decided to run an homage livery.

I doubt it. Just to be clear and also to be fair, I'm not considering its potential speed, my opinion is solely based on the way it looks, which is terrible in my opinion, the only thing that makes it look a bit better is the fact that they decided to run an homage livery.
Well the overall design is based on minimal drag. I think when you design something that has a specific purpose, it's probably not going to look all that great. But in racing, it really doesn't matter what the car looks like, as long as it wins races. ;)

Well the overall design is based on minimal drag. I think when you design something that has a specific purpose, it's probably not going to look all that great. But in racing, it really doesn't matter what the car looks like, as long as it wins races. ;)
Agreed. But as you can probably see by looking at my avatar, I hope that they will not win races at all, but I do hope that they'll finish ahead of Toyota though. :lol:

lel
anyway, what happens if it becomes the next Furai or something? then you will all thank your lucky stars that you can race, and the rest of the world will look on in envy.

im just saying that it isn't that bad a car and that people should be happy with it.
Also just making sure noone forgets:
Let's formally set up the bet:
Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
hsv
vs
RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
Red_Bull_Pro
The Bet:
That La Sarthe will not be the track for GT Round 4.
The Stake:
The losing team will have to wear a terrible avatar for a month.
All other people on any side are welcome!!

Back