Nissan R35 GT-R's handling is nerfed... too much

the 2001 GT-R Prototype is the best one in the game now. The transmission is great and it handles awesome. Lighter than the other GT-R's as well.

Oh, I know enough of ATTESA-ETS, Super HICAS and other fancy letter combinations.. To a point that IRL, good drivers turn them off or circumvent them because these systems slow them down with their unpredictable amount of input.

Then you should know that you can't "turn off" ATTESA.

Yes you can. Just remove the fuse and it's RWD only..
Why would anyone do that if they wanted a faster lap time?

I think that fuse thing works on older model(s) (R32), not the R35. The only reason you would want a RWD GTR would be for fixing a tight corner braking "problem". And it won't work in R mode (the only mode you should be in if you want a fast lap time).

And still the computer will still be on.

That said the extra weight also means there is more grip from the tyres as they are pressed into the road better. But if you get it wrong you are right 1800kg of momentum means its very hard to change direction
Be very careful, it almost sounds like you're saying something stupid like "heavy cars corner faster". ;)

Facepalm_227785.jpg

Then why does the real one deliver best results when they're switched off..?
No need for that! If IRL casual drivers are faster with driving aids on, it stands to reason a simulator would simulate this!

Obviously if the op is more than a casual driver that wouldn't be the case!

Be very careful, it almost sounds like you're saying something stupid like "heavy cars corner faster". ;)

Lol well according to this guy (the guy who designed the GTR) your an "amateur".

Seriously though the point I was trying to make is a car of a certain design and shape will have an ideal weight. You cant just keep getting lighter and lighter and expect to only reap rewards and no cons

Do I think the GTRs current weight is Ideal? No its still too heavy imo, but that heavyness also give it some of its positive characteristics.

The normal "gear head" thinking seems to be the car with tehe best power/weight is best, which is not always the case.

Go play call of duty. The gtr hasn't been nerfed. I was chasing a GTACADEMY driver in a GTR. He was in an LFA Nurburging Package and I was almost on the same pace..... on the Nurburging. Learn to drive - these pathetic complaints are getting on my nerves, as well as the other capable drivers.

The game calculates with those tyre types that are in the game. We heard something about Yokohama, but there are still those generic N1-R3 tyres. Ferrari GTO probably used something around N1's in its age at best and Nissan GT-R R35 probably something around S2's. And don't compare those AI races with reality, they have instant 40% of power gain when they need to, but in the next corner they brake in the middle just to see you slammed them in their mirror. PD gived AI myriad of aids to look better but in the end it's just false thought again. GTR's main power is the 4WD system and mainly it's highly effective drivetrain, but it can't compete with it in GT6 reality, when drivetrain of '76 Vette slams gears as fast as R35 GT-R sequential gearbox...

Yes you can. Just remove the fuse and it's RWD only..

You don't need to do that... just tune it a bit (around 700bhp will do) and drive it hard.

IIRC, in this month's EVO, David Yu said this had ruined a/the clutch in the centre diff and his had turned RWD only as a result.

While I don't agree that a 1984 Ferrari should be able to beat a GT-R, because it would never happen. I think the issue is that the classic cars are overly fast in Gran Turismo (as always, since the first game). You always see that old Corvette Stingray up there hanging with the modern racing cars.. Classic cars in Gran Turismo are always too fast.
I have to disagree that they are always to fast, some of those old cars were really fast and would be faster on modern tires. Remember that many of those older race cars where deemed to be to fast and were not allowed to race anymore for fear that someone would be killed.

As a fanboy of the Nissan GT-R, I don't want to sound like I'm a whiner but I think there's something really wrong with the car's handling in GT6. I know I have heard many people on GT5 said that this car was too dominant in the stock car/shuffle world, or that they think that the Nissan & PD partnership stirred up some conspiracy to make their flagship supercar unrealistically fast. But to be seriously honest, I think they nerfed the handling in the R35 GT-R a bit too much. I bought all the GT-Rs assuming that my favorite supercar was still going to be a cornering dream like in the previous game, but was utterly shocked when I used it online and got outpaced by an '84 Ferrari GTO on Apricot Hill (there was no tuning allowed). To make long story short the GT-R's strongest points have always been its ease of use and amazing cornering speeds, but with the way it is now I don't think the GT-R will be all that good in GT6 and that's depressing to admit coming from someone who praises this car dearly.

Just out of curiosity have you driven one?

I can tell you I drove a 2012 black edition on Silverstone 2 months ago and I have to say when I hopped into the same situation for the IB mission race it was very accurate to the real thing. You can't feel how big and heavy it is, or the voodoo that the electronics do and it has a bit too much grip (real one was sliding a bit more through abbey at speed). But I'm impressed... I say it's 95% accurate in GT6.

Just out of curiosity have you driven one?

I can tell you I drove a 2012 black edition on Silverstone 2 months ago and I have to say when I hopped into the same situation for the IB mission race it was very accurate to the real thing. You can't feel how big and heavy it is, or the voodoo that the electronics do and it has a bit too much grip (real one was sliding a bit more through abbey at speed). But I'm impressed... I say it's 95% accurate in GT6.
I think the mission races has SRF on, that was mostly likely the extra grip.

Please refer to the lap times Ive posted earlier from the Nordschleife & kindly point out how the big heavy cars are not handing it on a silver platter to the lightweight cars. Once upon a time lightness was everything with cornering, braking, etc, not anymore. No ones saying the GTR wouldn't be better if it were lighter, but on the other hand if that lightness came about by removing all the computers it almost certainly wouldn't be faster than it is now.

As a fanboy of the Nissan GT-R, I don't want to sound like I'm a whiner but I think there's something really wrong with the car's handling in GT6. I know I have heard many people on GT5 said that this car was too dominant in the stock car/shuffle world, or that they think that the Nissan & PD partnership stirred up some conspiracy to make their flagship supercar unrealistically fast. But to be seriously honest, I think they nerfed the handling in the R35 GT-R a bit too much. I bought all the GT-Rs assuming that my favorite supercar was still going to be a cornering dream like in the previous game, but was utterly shocked when I used it online and got outpaced by an '84 Ferrari GTO on Apricot Hill (there was no tuning allowed). To make long story short the GT-R's strongest points have always been its ease of use and amazing cornering speeds, but with the way it is now I don't think the GT-R will be all that good in GT6 and that's depressing to admit coming from someone who praises this car dearly.

I can't believe this but I just beat my GT-R 07 lap time at Big Willow by a half a second. I think we are under estimating the GTO 84 people.

Hey gator, try it offline in the game. I just slated everything with it in the International A World Tour at Ascari which is a very demanding track. It handled fine there. I love the that car also - it has always been my 'go to' car for its handling abilities. :)

Okay so this morning I came across this post on gtplanet.net concerning a a GTO vs a GT-R. The author could not believe he lost a race to a 1984 GTO in his 07 GT-R. At first I thought this was impossible. That is until I collected my own data. I woke up my friend early this morning to get his help. Thanks Blitz. Now he was not able to warm up for this race so I asked him to just pull away from me in his 07 GT-R if he could. Now I also did some hot lapping of my own before this and I found that I could beat my GT-R times on Willow Springs (Big Willow). Now please before you jump down my throat. I ask you to run your own test. I made the fool hardy mistake of thinking the GT-R would smoke the GTO without testing both cars on the track. Damn that GTO is fast.

Of course now I go and live in infamy that I failed to uphold the GT-R's legacy :lol:. The '07 model feels very stiff to me. Granted, I ran the thing stock.

Please refer to the lap times Ive posted earlier from the Nordschleife & kindly point out how the big heavy cars are not handing it on a silver platter to the lightweight cars. Once upon a time lightness was everything with cornering, braking, etc, not anymore. No ones saying the GTR wouldn't be better if it were lighter, but on the other hand if that lightness came about by removing all the computers it almost certainly wouldn't be faster than it is now.
I'll take a liberty of assumption on your behalf, and presume you understand that the Nurburgring is one of the very few tracks that actually does favor a certain amount of weight. You'll find a record lap of the Ninja ZX-10R running barely below an 8 minute time even.
It has much more to do with hills, crests, and bumps, rather than cornering ability though. ;)

Lol well according to this guy (the guy who designed the GTR) your an "amateur".

Seriously though the point I was trying to make is a car of a certain design and shape will have an ideal weight. You cant just keep getting lighter and lighter and expect to only reap rewards and no cons

Do I think the GTRs current weight is Ideal? No its still too heavy imo, but that heavyness also give it some of its positive characteristics.

The normal "gear head" thinking seems to be the car with tehe best power/weight is best, which is not always the case.

I've heard of weight penalties that add weight in racing, perhaps someone can share with me the time a car was forced to become lighter, as a penalty in racing?

Problem is that default tires fitted to a car in Gt6, as in GT5 are only based on power to weight ratio (example: 1970 Challenger - Sports Hard, Pagani Huayra - Sports Hard). If You want to have realistic handling and lap times comparable to reality, replace them. Nissan GTR gets closest lap times on Comfort Soft, Ferrari 288 GTO however, on Comfort Hards. If You don't believe it, check Fiorano track lap times on the net. It's only a little bit faster IRL on Ferrari test track than Testarossa.

Why would anyone do that if they wanted a faster lap time?

I think that fuse thing works on older model(s) (R32), not the R35. The only reason you would want a RWD GTR would be for fixing a tight corner braking "problem". And it won't work in R mode (the only mode you should be in if you want a fast lap time).

And still the computer will still be on.

There's aftermarket product ( HKS ATSC )for R35 GTR that allows torque distribution changes in real time for track use, or go the hard way + expensive and convert it to RWD + manual, there's a japanese tuner already done it ( BLITZ )

One can disable all computer driving aid in GTR ( IRL ) - remove the traction control, stability control and AWD - convert to RWD manual just like Blitz R35 GTR.

Ferrai 288GTO should have comfort medium and GTR comfort soft for better comparison in game, disable all aids - including the simple brake assist called "ABS" - it does not even remotely simulate how real life ABS work, it's nothing but simple computer assist in preventing too much brake force applied by the driver, and it does it so much better than any ABS system in real life would, the same can be said about traction control and ASM in game.

There's aftermarket product ( HKS ATSC )for R35 GTR that allows torque distribution changes in real time for track use, or go the hard way + expensive and convert it to RWD + manual, there's a japanese tuner already done it ( BLITZ )

One can disable all computer driving aid in GTR ( IRL ) - remove the traction control, stability control and AWD - convert to RWD manual just like Blitz R35 GTR.

Ferrai 288GTO should have comfort medium and GTR comfort soft for better comparison in game, disable all aids - including the simple brake assist called "ABS" - it does not even remotely simulate how real life ABS work, it's nothing but simple computer assist in preventing too much brake force applied by the driver, and it does it so much better than any ABS system in real life would, the same can be said about traction control and ASM in game.

Again, no one would ever want to make a GTR rear-wheel drive unless you were:
A) trying to get into a particular class at your local time trials,
B) you wanted a proper transmission in the car,
C) you wanted to slide around corners.

There is no lap time advantage to making the GTR rear-wheel drive. If you're so worried about losing weight, you bought the wrong car to begin with.

The reason the GTO is too fast is because in 99% of the online rooms, no one's going to think, Well, I can use sports hard tires, but I don't think my car came with anything close to that back in the 80s, so I'm going to put some comfort medium tires on. And quite frankly, I wouldn't be amazed if comfort medium tires would be too much grip.

Also, to the same token, if the room allows ABS, everyone's using it if their sole goal is to finish as well as they can. But it doesn't really matter anymore. In GT6, my ABS on and ABS off times are very close to each other. So it's not like Gran Turismo 5, where it was almost an ON and OFF switch when compared to ABS ON.

Actually, the traction control (TC) should be an advantage, but Gran Turismo 5 and 6, to my knowledge both modeled this incorrectly. In real life, traction control is faster than whatever your right foot thinks it can do. A computer will always be able to modulate the throttle quicker. So turning on traction control should net more consistent and faster lap times.

But it's not. All it does is slow down the car, not work to maintain perfect traction. So in reality in turning traction control ON in Gran Turismo is like adding a 30 horsepower penalty. It makes no sense. I wish they'd make it more like real life racing TC, not that stuff you find on a typical road car, where if you turn on traction control it's an instant 3 tenths off your lap time and more consistency.

Back