Nissan R390 GT1 LM Calsonic Xanavi #32 [Premium] 1998

  • Thread starter Thread starter RandomCarGuy17
  • 31 comments
  • 11,472 views
Messages
18,341
United States
Florida
Messages
GranTurismo0517
Messages
RandomCarGuy17
One of the most well-known race cars in the world of Gran Turismo. It made its first showing in Gran Turismo 2 alongside its road going counterpart and the 2 have been showing their faces in the GT franchise ever since. It's in GT6 currently as an improved standard, my biggest reason for this premium upgrade suggestion is that it would seem to be a simple job for PD to do as they already did a lot of remodeling of the car. They just need to remodel the engine and model the cockpit and it'll be ready to go.

1716307367073.jpeg


1317107625614064258.jpg


Nissan_R390_GT1_(1998)_rear-right_2012_Nissan_Global_Headquarters_Gallery.jpg


Gran Turismo 3 Menu Remake - Nissan Dealership.png

Specs:
Engine - 3.5L V8 (VRH35L)
Drivetrain - Mid-Engine, RWD
Transmission - 6-Speed MT
Power - 650 PS (478 Kw)
Torque - (706 Nm)
Weight - 1,000 kg

Link(s):
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/Nissan_R390_GT1_2.html

Links to my other Nissan threads:
R390 GT1 LM Race Car '97
Castrol Nissan Primera JTCC '94
Pulsar Serie VZ-R N1 '97
Skyline GT-R (KPGC10) '70
Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87
Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '90
Skyline 280 Type MR (R33) '97
 
Last edited:
It's already premium-ish, just a little further...

Also, how the hell does this just now get a thread?
 
It's already premium-ish, just a little further...

Also, how the hell does this just now get a thread?
Indeed, it's Semi-Premium right now and it just needs an interior to be modeled for it.
As for your little question buddy, I guess noone thought of this thread and I waited until now to post it because I assumed that someone beat me to this suggestion already.
 
Last edited:
It must have GT3 A-Spec sound!
 
But I want the cars to have the handling the same as GT3.... I would get an option of a choice of sounds (GT2, GT3, GT4...)
But Choice of an handling too...

What's the problem to have a GT3 sound?
 
But I want the cars to have the handling the same as GT3.... I would get an option of a choice of sounds (GT2, GT3, GT4...)
But Choice of an handling too...

What's the problem to have a GT3 sound?

I don't have a problem with the sound, it's just that I kinda prefer if the car sounds more like the real car. Although, the idea of being able to change the sounds of a car sounds fantastic.

As for the handling, I kinda prefer if PD keeps trying to improve their driving physics to more real heights.
 
I prefer seeing that Viper in the background of the first photo getting the premium treatment! ;)
 
I prefer seeing that Viper in the background of the first photo getting the premium treatment! ;)
You should suggest it then. I'm done with car suggesting for now.
 
I prefer seeing that Viper in the background of the first photo getting the premium treatment! ;)
The Viper which is behind of R390 is the #55, not the #51.
 
The Viper which is behind of R390 is the #55, not the #51.
Seriously, Harsk, do you have to go around and pick out such useless information such as car numbers in the background of a picture? People can read themselves. They don't need Captain Obvious to point out a number for them.
 
hsv
Seriously, Harsk, do you have to go around and pick out such useless information such as car numbers in the background of a picture? People can read themselves. They don't need Captain Obvious to point out a number for them.
Sorry then. :(
 
But I want the cars to have the handling the same as GT3.... I would get an option of a choice of sounds (GT2, GT3, GT4...)
But Choice of an handling too...

What's the problem to have a GT3 sound?
Imagine if there was an option to switch the car sounds to the GT3 style.
 
Same here. They're just too good.
I also love the MX-5 NA and NB's sounds.

Well, back to R390 GT1 conversation: I saw the video of this car and it is very good, especially the sound. The sound of GT6 is close to the real one! 👍
 
I also love the MX-5 NA and NB's sounds.

Well, back to R390 GT1 conversation: I saw the video of this car and it is very good, especially the sound. The sound of GT6 is close to the real one! 👍
A little more tweaking and it could mimic the R390 GT1.
 
Other numbered varitants:
#30 Clarion
7008517889_d356397c53_o.jpg

#31 Unisia Jecs
Nissan-w-Le-Mans-11368.jpg

#33 JOMO
1998LM33_car3.JPG


I think they may be stored in Nissan Zama Commemoration Garage.
 
Last edited:
For fun, pictures I've taken of the standard one in GT6 so far.

R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_2.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_7.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_8.jpg LeMans - F1 GTR vs R390 GT1 2.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_6.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_9.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg

As you can see, it's half way there already to being a full-on premium car. It just needs a bit of a push.
 
Last edited:
Can't understand why people would want it to sound like a synthetic PS2 game sound rather than the actual car.

But then PD seem to think everyone does anyway so that's what we get.
 
THIS 👍👍👍, i don't even know why the hell i didn't like it in the first place.
 
Hell to the yes! We need a premium one ASAP!
 
The Viper which is behind of R390 is the #55, not the #51.
I know, I´d like to see both the Team Oreca (Red and White stripes) and this one.

Hahaha as far as I´m concerned every Viper should be on GT :lol:
 
3 years later... It's a shame stuff like this tends to die pretty easily.
 
Eh, until it comes back to GT. I still can drive this thing in Project Cars 2.
 
Back