No ABS Is Terrible

It's not about machismo. Most cars generally feel much better without it, but I agree that you're probably better off racing with it on for consistency's sake, especially with ratings at stake.

The lack of brake force adjustment is a glaring omission, and as you and others point out, combined with a lack of pedal travel settings they're not doing themselves any favours =/

Some people are saying breaking without ABS is just the same as without ABS. you should realise some cars you cant swtich abs off at all even when some button combination tells you it is off when it needs to turn on it will do on it's own. It gets triggered by sensing the speed at which the pedal is pressed and then it feels like [sounds as well] as if you are ''breaking on gravel' if you think you break better without ABS, Something tells me you haven't really felt the power of ABS. i think gran turismo needs to be polished in terms of throttle nonlinearity and break as well. i recently acquired g29 and i can't get times anywhere near what i did with ds4 controller with motion steering. especially the 911 rsr in default settings with ABS set to Weak. I got very frustrated that I am very bad when it comes to this game but driving any n300 n400 awd car feels more realistic in terms of breaking and acceleration than the gr3 cars do. I don't want to mod my wheel just because game developers decided they wanted different [not neccesarily better] setting for a game. Please PD let us calibrate and set up our own devices that we paid for to have a better imersion not to be at disadvantage.

It's not terrible at all. I did hotlaps in the McLaren F1, and R92CP with ABS off just for the sake of it.

Set brake balance +5 (full to the rear)

After a few laps you get a feel for when the wheels will lock.

No ABS functions perfectly fine, it's just a lot of friggin effort, and isn't "fun". Worst of all, it's slower than ABS on, so there's no point.

Have you guys tried driving a real car that doesn't have ABS? For me, I learned how to threshold brake when I first starting autocrossing with a Roadster a few years back. If you just smash the brake pedal, the car will lock up. Before I got my G29, I noticed it was hard to play without ABS because you don't have the same range in braking as you do with a steering wheel setup.

Very true. Pads and rotors stay HOT. The harder you drive the more sensitive you've gotta be. But if they made it real, there would be very few people driving GT Sport lol...

If your car doesn't have ABS in real life, it's not comparable to a modern car with no ABS. Modern cars have significantly better breaks than 20-year old sports cars. A friend of mine had a 2007 BMW M3 that had its ABS disabled for whatever freak reason ( something to do with the fuses) , he locked the breaks up three times while driving it to the shop . My rx-7 doesn't have ABS but its pretty hard to lock the rears .

It's not terrible at all. I did hotlaps in the McLaren F1, and R92CP with ABS off just for the sake of it.

Set brake balance +5 (full to the rear)

After a few laps you get a feel for when the wheels will lock.

No ABS functions perfectly fine, it's just a lot of friggin effort, and isn't "fun". Worst of all, it's slower than ABS on, so there's no point.
The thing about setting your ABS too much to the rear is that there will be a really small amount of ABS kicking in to make sure that your front tires will always lock up first. You can confirm this by looking at the brake meter. When you brake too much, there will be a tiny red "excess brake force" that is indicative of how much braking force ABS is taking away. A truly no ABS system in GTS would be at max around +1 or +2, since with that BB the fronts will still surely lock up first.

My own opinion about ABS off is that it's a bit too risky to play with it competitively, and much much slower. It's not impossible to play without it, I play like that most of the time casually in N-class, but the time lost as well as the constant threat of locking up is just isn't worth it playing like that in Sport mode. I'm not sure how it feels compared to real-life since I can't drive a car yet, but I can cope with no ABS without locking up every single second- just takes a bit of time to get used to

Back