No DFGT!!!! its a sad day

• Thread starter bigdame31
  • 83 comments
Sony is the only company to blame for wheel support! They have the ability to update there firmware to allow non security chipped peripherals to work but they choose not to. !
You sound in this post like exactly the sort of person who will equally start bitterly complaining about any adverse effects due to people modifying their PS4, hacking saved games, etc, via a non-security-chipped peripheral. ;)

Now that I own both the T300RS and T500RS, I'd say:

T500RS: Gives nice powerful FFB, but has a bit more internal resistance so you need to work harder to flick the wheel around. Far better pedals. I like the 30cm rim and fixed paddles, but for some people the lack of moving paddles will be a disadvantage (28cm GTE rim @ €80 is the solution but pushes the price up).
T300RS: Slightly weaker FFB (about half way between G25 and T500RS in power), easier to flick the wheel around than the G25. Very smooth, very quiet, very good at telling you about nuances of grip, good dynamic range even if not as brutal forces as the T500RS. Crappy pedals (similar in quality to DFGT but with metal faces and firmer springs, so actually a step up from DFGT pedals if you're coming from those)

The T300RS probably has more in common with the G25/G27 (lightness, easy to flick around) than the T500RS in use. But then a considerably improved G25/27 with no cog rattle, faster spin speed and better dynamic range.

Given that you can get a T500RS or a T300RS+Ricomotech G27 pedal adapter for nearly the same price right now, I'd say the T300RS+G27 pedals is probably the better option. It really is a very good wheel.

Good summary 👍 I prefer an easy to spin wheel than lots of resistance, so it seems like T300RS + pedal adapter is the way to go if I decide to splurge on a new wheel. If I decide to buy an H-shifter for the T300 in the future, will the Logitech clutch pedal work?

Also, which shifter do you recommend (ideally one that can switch between sequential and H-pattern like the G25)? On TM website I found TH8A and TH8RS, but I can't really tell any difference aside from compatibiltiy with PS4 for TH8A.

Last edited:
You sound in this post like exactly the sort of person who will equally start bitterly complaining about any adverse effects due to people modifying their PS4, hacking saved games, etc, via a non-security-chipped peripheral. ;)
I'm a t500 owner do it doesn't effect me directly. I can see the need for the chip because yes I am anti hacker. I'm just saying you shouldn't be blaming the dev's but you left that bit out of the quote;)

Also, which shifter do you recommend (ideally one that can switch between sequential and H-pattern like the G25)? On TM website I found TH8A and TH8RS, but I can't really tell any difference aside from compatibiltiy with PS4 for TH8A.
Sorry, I can't help with shifters, I've only ever used the G25 and Fanatec Porsche sets.

The TH8A and TH8RS apparently have identical mechanicals: The TH8A is effectively just a replacement with the extra software capability of being able to run via a cable out of a TX or T300 in addition to running off a separate USB port. The T500 doesn't have a shifter connector.
  • For PS3/PS4 both shifters would work: TH8RS via USB with either T300 or T500. TH8A via USB for the T500 or plugged directly into the T300.
  • For PC I guess there's no reason not to plug either shifter in via USB and they would work with any wheel you like. There wouldn't be a functional difference between the two.
  • Then again, the TH8RS is EOL and will no longer be in stock soon, so the only reason to choose one would be if you find one really cheap.
When the TH8A is available in this country I'll probably get one, but no rush.

Sorry, I can't help with shifters, I've only ever used the G25 and Fanatec Porsche sets.

The TH8A and TH8RS apparently have identical mechanicals: The TH8A is effectively just a replacement with the extra software capability of being able to run via a cable out of a TX or T300 in addition to running off a separate USB port. The T500 doesn't have a shifter connector.
  • For PS3/PS4 both shifters would work: TH8RS via USB with either T300 or T500. TH8A via USB for the T500 or plugged directly into the T300.
  • For PC I guess there's no reason not to plug either shifter in via USB and they would work with any wheel you like. There wouldn't be a functional difference between the two.
  • Then again, the TH8RS is EOL and will no longer be in stock soon, so the only reason to choose one would be if you find one really cheap.
When the TH8A is available in this country I'll probably get one, but no rush.

Cheers, thanks for the info 👍 This got me thinking though, has anyone made a similar adapter to connect the Logitech shifter to T300?

Cheers, thanks for the info 👍 This got me thinking though, has anyone made a similar adapter to connect the Logitech shifter to T300?
I believe there's one to turn the shifter into a USB stand-alone device, similar to the one which turns the G25/27 pedals into a USB device. Not sure which of the usual suspects makes it.

How about saving your money and get a new product that is better, relevant, and has new technology, yknow, like when you bought the Logitech wheel? Or when you bought a ps4 or a new PC? Stop moaning about compatibility with yor Logitech wheels. The developers don't owe you anything so you shouldn't expect them to support old hardware. Thrustmaster t500 and t300 are fantastic wheels, I highly recommend you just save yourself more disappointment and just adapt to what is becoming a new standard for racing games on ps and PC. Really just getting tired of hearing all the gripes from people who feel entitled to getting support for their old peripherals. It's the equivalent of a teenager complaining that their 6 year old gaming laptop can't run the latest games max settings lol. Things go obsolete. Embrace the new, and discard (or re-gift) the old.
Can't afford it? Work more hours, Get a better job. Or save your tax return.
Logitech owners don't know what they're missing if they refuse to get a new wheel. Yeesh!
I guess you don't know how to maximize sales. You make the game available to as many people as possible to capture as many sales as possible. I believe there are quite a few owners of wheels out there that do not work with this game. Are they going to buy a new $400+ wheel to play a $50 game. Probably not. Not sure about Driveclub but Project Cars was initially going to be release on PS3 but they took so long to develope it that a new console came along. Both games have lost the millions of PS3 customers that would have bought the game. The makers of Destiny, GTA, and other figured it out and have sold a bunch of games as a result. You never leave your largest customer base behind. It's bad marketing. This is why GT6 is on PS3. PS4 was just coming out and not too many people owned one and a majority of wheel owners were Logitech since the DFGT was the official wheel of GT5. As a result they sold a heck of a lot more copies than they would have on PS4 only format. I think the wheel problem is on the Logitech end and not SONY. Hopefully Logitech will get on board and allow their wheels to be used on PS4. Doing so will sell more Logitech wheels and games.

...The makers of Destiny, GTA, and other figured it out and have sold a bunch of games as a result. You never leave your largest customer base behind...
Most have found that DC can be played perfectly well without a wheel, by that I mean a few here have even done so quite happily and even enjoyed it.

pCars though, well, we shall have to see if they force anything, or just let it ride. I do feel it is a bit of a problem, but more in the sense of how wheels are marketed as an elite product nowadays - pretty much in the vein of: 'only for those who take it seriously' - thereby implying that anyone who doesn't have one, through whatever reason such as lack of space, or funds, isn't serious about their driving games.

Last edited:
Read my post again. I'm planning to buy the adapter and use my G25 pedals with it. The question is will the TM shifter work with my Logitech clutch pedal?
maybe you should read it again, you said nothing about using your G25 pedals with it.

Most have found that DC can be played perfectly well without a wheel, by that I mean a few here have even done so quite happily and even enjoyed it.

pCars though, well, we shall have to see if they force anything, or just let it ride. I do feel it is a bit of a problem, but more in the sense of how wheels are marketed as an elite product nowadays - pretty much in the vein of: 'only for those who take it seriously' - thereby implying that anyone who doesn't have one, through whatever reason such as lack of space, or funds, isn't serious about their driving games.
Nothing wrong with racing using a controller. I have been beat many times by people using a controller. I actually find that some cars handle better with a controller than with the wheel. My point was only that if I were a video game maker I would want as many console owners as possible to be able to buy the game. This thing with Logitech and other wheels not working with the PS4 is a bit strange. Either Logitech and Fanatec do not want to have the wheels compatible or Thrustmaster has exclusivity rights at the moment to increase their sales. Sometimes there is a year deal for things like this. I'm not sure and have nothing to base this on. It just does not make sense. Just my thoughts.

maybe you should read it again, you said nothing about using your G25 pedals with it.

Good summary 👍 I prefer an easy to spin wheel than lots of resistance, so it seems like T300RS + pedal adapter is the way to go if I decide to splurge on a new wheel. If I decide to buy an H-shifter for the T300 in the future, will the Logitech clutch pedal work?

I was replying to skazz post about the Ricmotech G25/27 pedal adapter, so you should've taken the whole post in context. Admittedly, the part of skazz' post about the adapter is collapsed due to the new quote feature, but the info is there.

I intend to sound demeaning btw, because you were trying to help. But sometimes reading everything clearly will go a long way ;)

Last edited:
I was replying to skazz post about the Ricmotech G25/27 pedal adapter, so you should've taken the whole post in context. Admittedly, the part of skazz' post about the adapter is collapsed due to the new quote feature, but the info is there.

I intend to sound demeaning btw, because you were trying to help. But sometimes reading everything clearly will go a long way ;)

OK, I did read the bit about the pedal adapter, but didn't know exactly what it was or did so it seemed like you'd overlooked an important point regarding the missing pedal.

some sort of usb dongle with usb input with the chip in, made by sony or logitech could solve the wheel problem.most of us would buy that, i dont want another wheel and i refuse to purchase 1.

I totally agree with shoemaker on that. I'm much more likely to buy a $15-$30 plugin so I can actually use my G27 than buy another $250 wheel when my current one works perfectly fine. It took forever for me to save up enough for it as I'm sure that is the issue for a decent amount of people.

Don’t you think that the security chip excuse is just that? If there was such a chip, how come the TM T500 is supported when the wheel was manufactured before the PS4 even started production?

Don’t you think that the security chip excuse is just that? If there was such a chip, how come the TM T500 is supported when the wheel was manufactured before the PS4 even started production?
I have a few possible explanations for that:
1. The T500 was created for Sony/GT, and has a precursor USB security chip which is sufficient for Sony to be able to guarantee it's a wheel not a hack tool. So Sony allowed the wheel to work with full FFB and button capability in game. [Of course, if Sony was interested in this approach, why would they not allow people to use their old DS3 as a secondary controller in game?]
2. Basic HID support is not actually governed by the security chip atall, the only thing the chip protects against is use in the PS4 menus where a USB device could be used as a hack tool. And because TM has licensed the T300 they have fully FFB-capable drivers inside the PS4 OS, which can be piggy-backed by the T500.

Either way, the only chance I see for native full FFB Logitech support is for Logitech to want to license, but since Logitech is officially out of the console peripherals game and G27 definitely doesn't have any kind of USB security chip, I fail to see either potential scenario being valid.

I'm a bit surprised that a few members have said this as if it's not possible to have the security chip since the T500 was released before the PS4.

I'm quite sure the PS4 was pretty deep into being produced by the time the T500 was released. Sony seemed to have a deal in place with Thrustmaster at that point seeing as how the T500 is the official GT wheel.

All they had to do is notify Thrustmaster of their future PS4 intentions of putting in a security chip prior to the production of the T500 to make their high end wheel compatible.

This is just a way for sony to win some money selling peripherals. I've seen a video of a guy connecting a DS 3 to a PS4. Know what happened?? The PS4 showed a message saying you can't use a PS3 gamepad on a PS4. So... It knows what was connected, but won't let you use it. lol. wonder why.... Thats just a way to get people to spend more money on peripherals.

For me, I'll spend the money I would spend on a PS4 + new wheel on a new motherboard and CPU and enjoy my racing games on PC, which has a lot more to offer.

...I've seen a video of a guy connecting a DS 3 to a PS4. Know what happened?? The PS4 showed a message saying you can't use a PS3 gamepad on a PS4. So... It knows what was connected, but won't let you use it. lol. wonder why...
It may well be a simple method to stop people using an unsupported peripheral and then complaining about it when that peripheral does weird stuff - you know what people on the web are like...

Also, don't forget that the DS4 is a lot more complex and has more functionality than the DS3 - so why should they design an amazing bit of kit and allow you to hobble it with an inferior peripheral. I'm just talking about the controllers here, not the wheel situation.

It may well be a simple method to stop people using an unsupported peripheral and then complaining about it when that peripheral does weird stuff - you know what people on the web are like...

Also, don't forget that the DS4 is a lot more complex and has more functionality than the DS3 - so why should they design an amazing bit of kit and allow you to hobble it with an inferior peripheral. I'm just talking about the controllers here, not the wheel situation.

Looooool. I could use any cheap gamepad in PS3, why can't a PS3 gamepad be used in PS4?? Answer: Sony wants to sell DS4 instead of DS3

Looooool. I could use any cheap gamepad in PS3, why can't a PS3 gamepad be used in PS4?? Answer: Sony wants to sell DS4 instead of DS3
Not buying that, sorry. Like I said, the DS4 allows for functions that the DS3 cannot cover...

Not buying that, sorry. Like I said, the DS4 allows for functions that the DS3 cannot cover...

Again. In PS3 I could use a chinese knock off. It didn't have as many functions like the DS3 had. Heck I even used a PS1 gamepad with a usb converter.

So. your argument is invalid. This is merely an $$$ decision from Sony. Nothing else.

Last edited:
Again. In PS3 I could use a chinese knock off. It didn't have as many functions like the DS3 had. Heck I even used a PS1 gamepad with a usb converter.

So. your argument is invalid. This is merely an $$$ decision from Sony. Nothing else.
So, you're saying a Chinese copy of the DS3 had less buttons? I recall reading that someone was already using a PS3 controller with a USB converter, but that has nothing to do with your argument about it all being a cash-grab...

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cent's. I have a mortgage, car payments,insurance payments,blah,blah,blah. Do what the rest of us do. Get a job,work overtime and buy a 🤬 wheel. Sony doesn't give a rats arse about anyone's DS3, wheels or anything else. They are called a business correct? Yeah,usually they exist too make money.What s concept that is! Anyway more important stuff, some 🤬 has killed one of our soldiers and wounded others in our Parliament.Time to go to the Shooting Range and teach the kids how to handle guns.

Last edited:
So, you're saying a Chiese copy of the DS3 had less buttons? I recall reading that someone was already using a PS3 controller with a USB converter, but that has nothing to do with your argument about it all being a cash-grab...

I'm saying a chinese copy of a PS2 gamepad has no motion sensors nor home button. So tell me again why PS3 could use that and now PS4 can't even use a PS3 gamepad??

I'm saying a chinese copy of a PS2 gamepad has no motion sensors nor home button. So tell me again why PS3 could use that and now PS4 can't even use a PS3 gamepad??
Screenshot capture, clip upload...to name but two.

Look, you have your viewpoint and I do not subscribe to that kind of conspiracy theory - so let us agree to differ on this.

Here's my 2 cent's. I have a mortgage, car payments,insurance payments,blah,blah,blah. Do what the rest of us do. Get a job,work overtime and buy a 🤬 wheel. Sony doesn't give a rats arse about anyone's DS3, wheels or anything else. They are called a business correct? Yeah,usually they exist too make money.What s concept that is! Anyway more important stuff, some 🤬 has killed one of our soldiers and wounded others in our Parliament.Time to go to the Shooting Range and teach the kids how to handle guns.
When I saw this post just a few minutes ago, I though "What's he on about?" Then I my wife told me all about it. From your previous posts, I'm guessing the firing range is an ironic suggestion?

Last edited:
Screenshot capture, clip upload...to name but two.

Look, you have your viewpoint and I do not subscribe to that kind of conspiracy theory - so let us agree to differ on this.

When I saw this post just a few minutes ago, I though "What's he on about?" Then I my wife told me all about it. From your previous posts, I'm guessing the firing range is an ironic suggestion?
No my kids are going to the range on Saturday, booked appointment. My niece is in lockdown still,my best friend has been in panic mode all day as his kids school was in lockdown and my wife's uncle is a member of Parliament and is still in lockdown. This is the second soldier killed in 3 days and they tried to get into Parliament to do more harm.
I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of religion,but this is getting a little to close to home. Better to be safe than sorry.If you get my point. Go to Heavy.com and read up.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back