No DFGT!!!! its a sad day

• Thread starter bigdame31
  • 83 comments
There going to lose one sale here for forcing you to buy a thrustmaster! I was planning on buying a new wheel, but not anymore! Also will not be buying Project Cars for the same reason.

How about saving your money and get a new product that is better, relevant, and has new technology, yknow, like when you bought the Logitech wheel? Or when you bought a ps4 or a new PC? Stop moaning about compatibility with yor Logitech wheels. The developers don't owe you anything so you shouldn't expect them to support old hardware. Thrustmaster t500 and t300 are fantastic wheels, I highly recommend you just save yourself more dissappintment and just adapt to what is becoming a new standard for racing games on ps and PC. Really just getting tired of hearing all the gripes from people who feel entitled to getting support for their old peripherals. It's the equivalent of a teenager complaining that their 6 year old gaming laptop can't run the latest games max settings lol. Things go obsolete. Embrace the new, and discard (or re-gift) the old.
Can't afford it? Work more hours, Get a better job. Or save your tax return.
Logitech owners don't know what they're missing if they refuse to get a new wheel. Yeesh!

There going to lose one sale here for forcing you to buy a thrustmaster! I was planning on buying a new wheel, but not anymore! Also will not be buying Project Cars for the same reason.
That's fine. you won't be missed. Cheap people are slower on the track because they're afraid they'll have to pay for repairs. :)

Stop moaning about compatibility with yor Logitech wheels. The developers don't owe you anything so you shouldn't expect them to support old hardware.

Funny how some (false) press releases from Sony regarding how developers would be allowed to implement legacy peripheral compatibility, followed by interviews by the Drive Club developers specifically regarding their efforts to ensure wheel compatibility, led potential customers to believe that something would be done about wheel compatibility.

Even more interesting is that after several months of raking Microsoft over the coals over the Fanatec crap, so many people are so quick to sweep the Sony direct equivalent under the rug. At least Microsoft was honest about it from the start.

Last edited:
Even more interesting is that after several months of raking Microsoft over the coals over the Fanatec crap, so many people are so quick to sweep the Sony direct equivalent under the rug. At least Microsoft was honest about it from the start.
In fairness to Sony, the official GT5/GT6 wheel (T500 - DFGT was launched with GT5p) is supported on the PS4. So it's not a total break like Microsoft's.

But yeah, I understand the reactions of many people. I just happen to enjoy collecting race wheels, so I personally couldn't care less if old wheels aren't supported :)

How about saving your money and get a new product that is better, relevant, and has new technology, yknow, like when you bought the Logitech wheel? Or when you bought a ps4 or a new PC? Stop moaning about compatibility with yor Logitech wheels. The developers don't owe you anything so you shouldn't expect them to support old hardware. Thrustmaster t500 and t300 are fantastic wheels, I highly recommend you just save yourself more dissappintment and just adapt to what is becoming a new standard for racing games on ps and PC. Really just getting tired of hearing all the gripes from people who feel entitled to getting support for their old peripherals. It's the equivalent of a teenager complaining that their 6 year old gaming laptop can't run the latest games max settings lol. Things go obsolete. Embrace the new, and discard (or re-gift) the old.
Can't afford it? Work more hours, Get a better job. Or save your tax return.
Logitech owners don't know what they're missing if they refuse to get a new wheel. Yeesh!
I find it very interesting how people who own a product that happened to get support are so fast to come on here and tell others how easy it is to upgrade and spend hundreds of dollars. I bet if your wheel wasn't supported we would be hearing a whole different story pouring out of your mouth. All this crap about the wheels being outdated is just more PR bull that some uninformed people are buying into. There is nothing about the new consoles or their FFB that makes older wheels obsolete. Again we will never know what your reaction would of been had your wheel not been supported, but I bet it wouldn't of been, all the hell with it I needed to spend money needlessly on a new wheel anyway.

I find it very interesting how people who own a product that happened to get support are so fast to come on here and tell others how easy it is to upgrade and spend hundreds of dollars. I bet if your wheel wasn't supported we would be hearing a whole different story pouring out of your mouth. All this crap about the wheels being outdated is just more PR bull that some uninformed people are buying into. There is nothing about the new consoles or their FFB that makes older wheels obsolete. Again we will never know what your reaction would of been had your wheel not been supported, but I bet it wouldn't of been, all the hell with it I needed to spend money needlessly on a new wheel anyway.

If that is the case then plug it into your PC and do the firmware update and go racing . It is 7 years old , are you still running a 7 year old PC ?

If that is the case then plug it into your PC and do the firmware update and go racing . It is 7 years old , are you still running a 7 year old PC ?
There is new tech updates that makes a 7 year old PC outdated. There is no new tech on the consoles (other than an imaginary security chip) or in the way they use FFB that makes the wheels outdated. So your comparison doesn't apply here.

That's fine. you won't be missed. Cheap people are slower on the track because they're afraid they'll have to pay for repairs. :)

I also don't dive with people that think there fast either! So I guess that makes us even!

There is new tech updates that makes a 7 year old PC outdated. There is no new tech on the consoles (other than an imaginary security chip) or in the way they use FFB that makes the wheels outdated. So your comparison doesn't apply here.

Well, there is input resolution. Which cannot be updated on the old Logitech wheels. There is nothing that can make a DFP (GT4) feel like a T500.

Sure I was livid when I read GT3 would not support the Ultra Racer controller that I so LOVED with GT2 on PS1! I loved that controller so much, I sent them as gifts to friends! It worked with whatever NFS game there was (pre underground). Just not GT3!!!

Yeah, I moved on.

so you are that guy, eh?

fd753bab802843af341ccaab56c8d86ab76940af22ec774a2b7c50858c5d8647.jpg

Last edited:
Not single Logitech Wheel had necessary security chip inside that allowed to work on PS4.

We all G27 and DFGT need to turn our heads and look new Wheel. Thrusmaster is the official sponsor for Sony now. T500RS is the most reasonable choice since it's Big Upgrade from any Logitech Wheel to T500RS, even despite the fact T500 is now quite old wheel.

We all G27 and DFGT need to turn our heads and look new Wheel. Thrusmaster is the official sponsor for Sony now. T500RS is the most reasonable choice since it's Big Upgrade from any Logitech Wheel to T500RS, even despite the fact T500 is now quite old wheel.
Now that I own both the T300RS and T500RS, I'd say:

T500RS: Gives nice powerful FFB, but has a bit more internal resistance so you need to work harder to flick the wheel around. Far better pedals. I like the 30cm rim and fixed paddles, but for some people the lack of moving paddles will be a disadvantage (28cm GTE rim @ €80 is the solution but pushes the price up).
T300RS: Slightly weaker FFB (about half way between G25 and T500RS in power), easier to flick the wheel around than the G25. Very smooth, very quiet, very good at telling you about nuances of grip, good dynamic range even if not as brutal forces as the T500RS. Crappy pedals (similar in quality to DFGT but with metal faces and firmer springs, so actually a step up from DFGT pedals if you're coming from those)

The T300RS probably has more in common with the G25/G27 (lightness, easy to flick around) than the T500RS in use. But then a considerably improved G25/27 with no cog rattle, faster spin speed and better dynamic range.

Given that you can get a T500RS or a T300RS+Ricomotech G27 pedal adapter for nearly the same price right now, I'd say the T300RS+G27 pedals is probably the better option. It really is a very good wheel.

Well, there is input resolution. Which cannot be updated on the old Logitech wheels.
The problem with that is that the consoles aren't using that higher resolution so that isn't anything you can tout as being better. The Thrustmaster wheels on the PS4 has same resolution as a DFGT or G27. Everything that made the G27 a fantastic wheel 7 years ago still apply today, nothing has changed FFB wise on the consoles.

The problem with that is that the consoles aren't using that higher resolution so that isn't anything you can tout as being better. The Thrustmaster wheels on the PS4 has same resolution as a DFGT or G27. Everything that made the G27 a fantastic wheel 7 years ago still apply today, nothing has changed FFB wise on the consoles.
Except that a T500RS or T300RS offers around twice the power of a G27..... Which does actually feel a lot more like driving a real car, because the dynamic range of forces is much better. Even in GT5/6.

Except that a T500RS or T300RS offers around twice the power of a G27..... Which does actually feel a lot more like driving a real car, because the dynamic range of forces is much better. Even in GT5/6.
This isn't about which wheel has stronger FFB though is it. It is about the fact that nothing has changed to make the G27 less of a wheel than it was 7 years ago.

This isn't about which wheel has stronger FFB though is it. It is about the fact that nothing has changed to make the G27 less of a wheel than it was 7 years ago.
Well it was released in 2010 so only 4 years... And the T500RS was released early 2011 so it's nearly as old :)

2014 tech brings brushless motors which greatly reduce notchiness and better belt configuration to bring belt drive wheels down to the same kind of low resistance as cogs but without the cog compromises. Personally I think there are some quite important steps forwards there, having experienced them.

But yes, a DFGT or G27 is still a perfectly good wheel. If Logitech was still interested in the console market they could probably keep going for the whole PS4 era...

Not single Logitech Wheel had necessary security chip inside that allowed to work on PS4.

What exactly is the security chip for? I can use my G27 in a limited state(*see below) on my PS4 when I play war thunder, well not play warthunder but testing it oit with the tanks... It took a few minutes to setup the config and I spent a few minutes in game so I guess I was hooked up for more than 8 minutes with no repercussions.

* D-pad doesnt work and pedals register as 1 button rather than 3 individual "buttons". For some reason my camera view is in a continuous spinning state and other niggles... Maybe Warthunder registers the G27 as a keyboard?

Last edited:
This is great "news"! With GT5 on the PS3 I was a cheap bastard still struggling with my old DFP. Now, looking forward to (Driveclub, not so much, but..) Project CARS, it seems like I finally have no other choice than buying a new better wheel.

Sony is the only company to blame for wheel support! They have the ability to update there firmware to allow non security chipped peripherals to work but they choose not to. The peripheral manufacturers have the option of creating updated drivers for the ps4 but if their products aren't recognised due to not having said security chip they aren't going to waste there time doing so. Blame Sony not the dev's !

Latest Posts

Back