No DFGT!!!! its a sad day

• Thread starter bigdame31
  • 83 comments
How about saving your money and get a new product that is better, relevant, and has new technology, yknow, like when you bought the Logitech wheel? Or when you bought a ps4 or a new PC? Stop moaning about compatibility with yor Logitech wheels. The developers don't owe you anything so you shouldn't expect them to support old hardware. Thrustmaster t500 and t300 are fantastic wheels, I highly recommend you just save yourself more dissappintment and just adapt to what is becoming a new standard for racing games on ps and PC. Really just getting tired of hearing all the gripes from people who feel entitled to getting support for their old peripherals. It's the equivalent of a teenager complaining that their 6 year old gaming laptop can't run the latest games max settings lol. Things go obsolete. Embrace the new, and discard (or re-gift) the old.
Can't afford it? Work more hours, Get a better job. Or save your tax return.
Logitech owners don't know what they're missing if they refuse to get a new wheel. Yeesh!
I disagree 100%, I refuse to pay that much for a wheel, the price for them in my country doubles the price of the ps4, I rather buy a good guitar or something else with that, the g27 must be supported, many find it better than the t500

No my kids are going to the range on Saturday, booked appointment. My niece is in lockdown still,my best friend has been in panic mode all day as his kids school was in lockdown and my wife's uncle is a member of Parliament and is still in lockdown. This is the second soldier killed in 3 days and they tried to get into Parliament to do more harm.
I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of religion,but this is getting a little to close to home. Better to be safe than sorry.If you get my point. Go to Heavy.com and read up.
I'm not even going to answer that except to say: what is it doing here. Shouldn't it be in the current affairs section?

Screenshot capture, clip upload...to name but two.

Look, you have your viewpoint and I do not subscribe to that kind of conspiracy theory - so let us agree to differ on this.

When I saw this post just a few minutes ago, I though "What's he on about?" Then I my wife told me all about it. From your previous posts, I'm guessing the firing range is an ironic suggestion?

You don't need all those fancy things for a 2nd player gamepad. I could play games like Fifa and LBP well with a cheap gamepad for second player.

This really is about the $$$$$

You don't need all those fancy things for a 2nd player gamepad. I could play games like Fifa and LBP well with a cheap gamepad for second player.

Now, what did I ask? That we agree to disagree...it's your opinion, not a fact.

Did you pay for the extra controller? Yes it is about money! Welcome to the real world.

Sony and Logitech need to sort themselves out, I was all set to buy a PS4 bungle with GTAV and Drive Club plus another downloadable game £349 in total, until I found out that G27 was not supported. So Sony missed out on a sale, I will wait for GTAV on PC now.
i will not be buying a PS4 until the G27 is supported.

Sony and Logitech need to sort themselves out, I was all set to buy a PS4 bungle with GTAV and Drive Club plus another downloadable game £349 in total, until I found out that G27 was not supported. So Sony missed out on a sale, I will wait for GTAV on PC now.
Then you have to wait forever. Dunno why you're punishing the wrong people though.
Logitech could update their drivers, but they don't support consoles anymore.

I don't buy that security chip stuff.

It sounds more like you are hurting yourself with this, as I'm sure you don't need a wheel to play GTA V and DC drives surprisingly well with a controller.

By the time GT7 comes around, yes, you'll probably want wheel support, but that is quite a while away by all accounts.

Go for the PC and enjoy games like this:

I have a few possible explanations for that:
1. The T500 was created for Sony/GT, and has a precursor USB security chip which is sufficient for Sony to be able to guarantee it's a wheel not a hack tool. So Sony allowed the wheel to work with full FFB and button capability in game. [Of course, if Sony was interested in this approach, why would they not allow people to use their old DS3 as a secondary controller in game?]
2. Basic HID support is not actually governed by the security chip atall, the only thing the chip protects against is use in the PS4 menus where a USB device could be used as a hack tool. And because TM has licensed the T300 they have fully FFB-capable drivers inside the PS4 OS, which can be piggy-backed by the T500.

Either way, the only chance I see for native full FFB Logitech support is for Logitech to want to license, but since Logitech is officially out of the console peripherals game and G27 definitely doesn't have any kind of USB security chip, I fail to see either potential scenario being valid.

Not sure your #2) is correct. I posted this in another thread also but there is a guy on gamefaqs that says he can use the G27 with his PS4 to browse menus and such, which means the console recognizes it and allows communication with it.
Read the bottom few posts on this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704524-driveclub/70263098

Maybe be someone here with a PS4 and G27 could verify if what he claims is true.

Also, its hard to imagine the T500 has a security chip that the PS4 needs when it was under design development sometime between 2009-2010, back when PS4 development was barely just starting, if there even was any development going on for it at that point.

Found soemthing else interesting on neogaf. This guy says he met up with Kaz at SEMA this year at one of the booths. Kaz claimed the current logitech wheels will work with GT7. Scroll down about halfway and read the post from user seattle:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725281&page=158

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was in the same boat, furious on Sony and Logitech for leaving the field. Then couldnt resist and got T300 as i wanted FFB to be present. I can tell that this was my best decision I made in years. Wheel itself feels solid (heavy) and very nice on touch. It is completely different league than DFGT. After some time I treated myself with TH8A gear shifter... I may be hitting my 40 soon but this setup takes me back to happy days :) Improving lap times every time i sit down and it gives that enjoyment level I seriously never had before. Still sad Logitech left but if you have spare cash then you will not regret T300 Thrustmaster (hate the name btw).

Here are some images to show you how i modified my wheel stand etc (labor of love lol).
Stay tuned for videos on YT channel GothicVillasGaming

diy%2Bwood.jpg

wheel%2B%28leather%2Bdiy%29.jpg

diy%2Bfinal.jpg

Let's T300. $399 wheel and pedals. $100+ for shifter.

Nope. My Fanatec CSR, clubsport pedals, and wheel stand pro are just fine. Blocked, but fine.

Let's T300. $399 wheel and pedals. $100+ for shifter.

Nope. My Fanatec CSR, clubsport pedals, and wheel stand pro are just fine. Blocked, but fine.
I still can't fathom why the T500 costs 100 USD more than the PS4... and it doesn't even include the shifter.

I still can't fathom why the T500 costs 100 USD more than the PS4... and it doesn't even include the shifter.
Economy of scale, not to mention a FFB motor which costs around $90 by itself.

Remember that racing wheel peripherals are a tiny niche, and that Fanatec and Thrustmaster are both tiny compared to Logitech, let alone Sony or Microsoft....

Back