No GT mode :(:(?

• Thread starter dazzi
  • 10 comments
dazzi45
Hey people,
Is there anyone that could clear up my point :S, i have not seen any signs of a 'GT' mode, was anything said anywhere about it because frankly this will be nothing like a GT tittle without it :(?

Apart from the first picture in the pictures thread that has a GT logo in the mode selection screen?

nws12439619437801973.jpg

That looks like GT mode to me.

Their may only be one mode for single player and another option for multilayer i think after i reading this

IL: When users download GT Mobile onto their PSP Go (since it doesn't have a UMD), how much of the player's 16GB will it take up?

Yamauchi: We're making efforts so that it's not going to exceed 1 GB. Otherwise, people are just going to fall asleep and drop dead while downloading.

That last part made me laugh, Kaz is a silly goose :lol:

i would think it is just GT mode(offline) i don't think they would make the game only playable offline in arcade mode unless all 800 cars and 35 tracks are unlocked from the start, now what fun would that be

So far I know there will be 100+ missions (a mix between license tests and driving missions?) and single races where you can earn credits to spend on new cars.

Hey people,
Is there anyone that could clear up my point :S, i have not seen any signs of a 'GT' mode, was anything said anywhere about it because frankly this will be nothing like a GT tittle without it :(?

We hardly know anything about the structure of the game, how can you say there in no GT mode?

There doesn't seem to be a menu option for the GT mode as used in the other GT games.

Instead there seems to be just single races, multiplayer, some kind of driving mission room (which seem to be a mix of the license tests and driving missions). In single races you select the options like in GT4s Arcade mode, but you do earn credits for racing.

As far as I can tell you can set up your car, but there will be no tuning.

Instead of traditional GT mode the game will be made up of missions, like the missions in GT4 but not as strict on entry requirements.

As far as I can tell you can set up your car, but there will be no tuning.

Instead of traditional GT mode the game will be made up of missions, like the missions in GT4 but not as strict on entry requirements.

Kaz said that there would be 100+ missions which would teach driving (and racing?) to the player. The first mission was the regular B1 license test (accelerate and brake). First set of missions ("A") were 8 missions if I remember correctly, but i'm not too sure.

Who knows, perhaps the last 50 missions will be just the regular GT events (Kaz said that the missions would be easier since you could select a car)

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/Gran+Turismo+Mobile/news.asp?c=13657
Getting a sense for each vehicle is best done in one-off races, though you can also learn the basics of driving through completing mission challenges. Much like the License challenges of the console versions, these objective-based stages have you focusing on specific driving techniques in four categories, ranging from introductory mechanics to advanced manoeuvres.

One challenge, for instance, has you whipping through an inclined corner on the Grand Valley East track. Another requires navigating through a large S-turn.

Mission challenges are timed, so completing them quickly is necessary to earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals. That can be a tall order, though, since leaving the track and rolling onto the adjacent grass or dirt results in your disqualification. It's best to perform well so as to earn more credits - Gold medals come with higher credit payouts that can then be used to purchase new cars.

So you earn credits for doing the license tests?

Edit:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/Gran+Turismo+Mobile/news.asp?c=13612
Gran Turismo PSP will feature 800 cars, 35 tracks, 60 track layouts, 15 single player race modes and a mission challenge mode.

Last edited:
http://psp.kombo.com/article.php?artid=5226
OVERVIEW
From the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 52 million units worldwide, Polyphony Digital Inc.(PDI), the award-winning Gran Turismo™ franchise is now on PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) for the first time. Developed exclusively for PSP by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo™ is built for optimal performance and fun racing excitement on the portable platform. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo on the PSP is no exception and offers an authentic and accessible racing product for the series' millions of fans and newcomers alike.

Gran Turismo features more than 800 vehicle models from the world's top manufacturers (over 4,500 total paint variations) and more than 30 tracks (60+ total layouts), including famous world circuits, city courses and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and game modes to suit all levels of play, Gran Turismo is a great introduction to the best-selling series for newcomers. Additionally, seasoned Gran Turismo fans will recognize the depth of content and unparalleled visuals the series is known for, including graphics running at a stunning 60 frames per second. Gran Turismo is truly a next generation PSP title.

Players can progress and acquire cars in Challenge Mode throughout more than 100 events in, or they can explore different tracks and circuits in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online in Ad Hoc Mode against up to 3 others (4 total) via the PSP's built-in ad hoc functionality. The first in the Gran Turismo series is the ability to trade and share unlocked vehicles with others online via ad hoc mode. This feature is not available in any other racing game on PSP.

Available on UMD® and as a downloadable product via PLAYSTATION®Network, Gran Turismo will be available in North America just after the October 1, 2009 release of the newest member of the PlayStation®Portable family, the PSP go. The PSP go is the smallest and sleekest PSP system to date and leverages PlayStation Network and digital content exclusively. UMD support guarantees that all PSP owners can play Gran Turismo on the go.

KEY FEATURES
• Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. for PSP – Gran Turismo's debut on PSP is developed by the internal team behind the world's best-selling racing series.
• Over 800 vehicle models – Players can race their favorite vehicles from the top manufacturers around the globe, including Ferrari, Nissan, and more. The vehicle model count climbs to over 4,500 when the various paint configurations are included.
• Over 30 Tracks from Around the World – Famous circuits and some of the favorite environments from the Gran Turismo series have been optimized for racing on PSP.
• Share and Trade Vehicles with Others – For the first time in the Gran Turismo series, players can share and trade the vehicles they have acquired throughout the game with others via PSP's ad hoc mode. Certain vehicles will be acquired by trade only, so players will want to trade and share in order to virtually drive all of the meticulously designed vehicle models.
• Dynamic Vehicle Roster – Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally.
• Available via UMD and PlayStation Network – Offering convenience, choice and options for owners of the original PSP or the newly announced PSP go.

so there is some kind of GT mode?

Everyone is saying something else, this is confusing :crazy:

Back