No Live Events Planned for 2020 FIA Gran Turismo Championship

Dang, I'm starting to really get on the pace in the Manufacturer series and was hoping to nab a spot on one of the world tours this year.

Just gotta keep pushing regardless and wait for the email from Sony, I guess. :sly:

Not really surprising the longer this situation has gone on around the world. They obviously had to try and see how much impact this was going to have, and it seems nowhere near the peak in most countries, and the ramifications will probably are going to be felt for years imho.

Without widespread testing, so as to see who has had it or not, and possibly how the virus has spread, and is spreading, it is not wise to let people move around too much, never mind to different countries. And sadly testing doesn't seem to be happening well enough in a lot of countries. :( :rolleyes: Add to that that a vaccine may be 1-2 years away, and I can't see Sony/PD wanting to be in a position to, and maybe not being allowed to, bring people from around the world for live events for maybe a year or two, or potentially ever. Sad. :(

There is just too much that is unknown, and different countries doing different things, with different levels of success because of how they have, and are doing things. :confused:

It will be interesting to see whether PD admit to how long the current situation may delay the next game. Of course because they haven't set a definite release date, they could just say nothing. As usual. ;)

I'm waiting for announcements for the new consoles being delayed. I think it is inevitable, not only because the people working on them, manufacturing the parts, and actually building them, will all be having difficulties working atm, but the finances of people in the world these consoles were planned for is going to be radically different too. Again, imho. ;)

I hope I am wrong and the Sun and heat makes it all go away. ;)

It’s a pretty big missed opportunity for PD to not have any live broadcast events at all, with the current rise in the popularity of esports. Even when real sports/racing return, it’ll be a while till fans are allowed back into the venues so there will still be a thirst for content. Some sort of officially-sanctioned remote racing would make sense, something similar to the old regional semifinals from the first FIA season. I guess they’ll still post the Top 16 Superstars races with commentary so maybe they consider that good enough.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is an older version.

"Details of live events for 2020 FIA GT Championships to be determined".

Could be an alternate version, since the version on GT's YT channel have a Philippine flag blurred out and the version in FIA's channel didn't blur the flag.

Back