No longer in use

• Thread starter ZOPPO GT
  • 100 comments
]ZOPPO, can I check if this means you have to use all three compounds (and no others) during the race?

You are talking about the tires? You can use all three kinds of tires. It´s your choice wich one is your favorite one. You can switch to a different kind during your pitstop if you want, but you don´t have to do it. Feel free to use any tire you want, but over all just these 3 racing tires are allowed. One the other side it makes no sense to race with road tires if all other drivers are on racing tires. I hope this is the right answer about your question.

Last edited:
Thanks. I asked because in longer Daily races and FIA races on GT Sport, when it says "Racing Hard/Medium/Soft", it means you have to use them all, else you get a time penalty.

Would like a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and #32 if that's available.

Last edited:
I tried the rubber band technique on a 4 hour race and it worked; got just over 1m Cr. Might yet get that Daytona before the first race...

Auto brake and steering (there´s no steering or braking), customized gearbox and drivetrain, traction control. It´s all unneccessary. Works perfectly well without. Tires also don´t matter. It even works in the wet with dry tires. I wonder why it´s made more complicated. Maybe makes it look more sophisticated? It´s also easier to use the stick as your accelerator.

Last edited:
Agree, I didn't change any of those settings, just loaded my N100 Mini and left it. It was funny how they changed to customised gearbox then left all the ratios as were.

Would like a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and #32 if that's available.

Hello RACECAR. Welcome to the THUNDERCLUB. The Shelby Daytona Coupe and no. 32 is OK. Please send a friend request to "ZOPPO--GT" (we race in a private lobby only) and join our community at PSN. If you have a headset please join our party too when we race. It makes the conversation a lot easier and is helpful during the races.

Last edited:
Hello friends.
We have a almost full lobby and the test drives are done. The BOP is set and works pretty good. Well, we are ready to start the series - let´s go! Like it is posted, we will do our first race at the MONZA circuit - like the WSC did in 1967. Here are the informations:

Date: Thursday - 18. June - 8pm (german time)
Track: Monza
Race: 15 min qualifying + 90 minute race
Pitstop: One 5 min pitstop is required during the race (can be done with a regular pitstop)
Reminder: You have to stay the whole season in the class wich you choose for the first race - make a good choice!

Please enter the lobby with a "ready to race" car. We want avoid to spoil time for setups and/or adjustments. You can check your setup and gearing in the ARCADE mode. I wish you all a lot of fun and good luck for the race.

ZOPPO--GT Speed safely!

ZOPPO, I'd like to change to the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 please and retain the #9. I'll create the livery below, which was used at Le Mans in 1965 by Peter Sutcliffe and Peter Harper, unless someone else is already using it.
Thanks.

daytona.jpg

EDIT: And here is my version
daytona.jpg

Last edited:
This Sunday the Ring Rats will host a one hour Gr3/4 race on the Nordschliefe at 1330 Central US (2030 German time). For our German Friends we have a number of English/German speakers in our group so jump right in and have fun on your Stunning track.
Cars are game BOP with racing soft tyres, and no tuning so its easy and fun.
Most of you are my friends but if not fr me @GTP_Nail as we race in a private room.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ring-rats.381977/

I'd like to change to the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 please and retain the #9. I'll create the livery below, which was used at Le Mans in 1965 by Peter Sutcliffe and Peter Harper, unless someone else is already using it.

Hello half_sourly.
Good job, the car looks great. You can use it like it is - have fun with it. If you need a setup and the best gearing for it, just ask for it.

First race at MONZA today!

Lobby opens at 8pm (20:00 Uhr) german time. Please enter the lobby with a "ready to race car", because we like to start just in time (8.15 pm). We all are gentleman drivers, but please remember:

An endurance race is not won in the very first curve ---- and we will race in "DAMAGE HIGH" mode!

A 5 min pitstop is required for every driver (5 minutes "standing time" before you start fueling, tire change or repairs). A 1 min pitstop is required for every driver who is guilty for damage other cars (rear end collisiones, side impacts, unsafe return on track).

Please drive with consideration and without any aggressive behavior. Our top priority: Fair comes first - victory cames second!

I like to thank you and wish everone a lot of fun and a successful race.

Thank you guys for join us for the first race of 1967 sportscar championship.
The room was almost full with 15 drivers in two classes. Here now is the scoring.

MONZA ---- June 18 - 2020
Prototypes
1. Simba ------------ 9.00
2. ZOPPO ------------ 8.33
3. GT-RaceAce ------ 7.67
4. oldboy ------------ 7.00
Sportscars
1. coolplay ----------- 6.33
2. Heizer ------------- 5.67
3. Revolutionkiter --- 5.00
4. nail-27 ------------ 4.33
5. Brunsbergfan ----- 3.67
6. GTP-Guido -------- 3.00
7. SeniorTom -------- 2.33
8. HanSiT ------------ 1.67
9. half_sourly -------- 1.00
10. IGEL ------------- 0.33

Next races:
Spa Francochamps -------- July, 02. 2020
Nürburgring ---------------- July, 16. 2020
Le Mans ----------------- --- July, 30. 2020
Brands Hatch --------------- August,13. 2020
Nürburgring ---------------- August, 27. 2020

Last edited:
In about two weeks (July 02.) the next race for the series will start at Spa Francorchamps.
On Thursday, June 25. we will do practice races at this track for testing setup and gearbox.
Everybody is welcome to join us that day at usual time (8 pm german time).

Please remember: You have to stay in your class in wich you drove your first race!
It is not allowed to switch for another class. But it is allowed to switch to another
car within your class anytime from race to race.

Over all the first race was a good event. But when I watched the replay I noticed some uncertainties when the fast prototypes overlaped the slower sportscars. To avoid dangerous situations or crashes I like to annouce a behaviorally in case of overlapping. The main thing: The slower car has the right of way!

That means the driver of a slower car has to stay on the ideal line under any conditiones. By this way the driver of a faster car knows what the driver in front of him will do. Under no circumstances does the driver of a slower car make frantic maneuvers to give way for the faster car. Such unpredictable maneuvers create critical situationes. It is the sole responsibility of the faster driver how and when he overtake a slower car under safe conditiones. In doubt the faster car has to wait for the right moment and place for passing.

To all sportscar drivers:
Please stay on your line and do not take evasive action (especially in curves) that could lead to dangerous situationes or damages. You have the right of way, but do not block faster cars longer than necessary.

To all prototype drivers:
Please show consideration, because the sportscar drivers drive at the limit as much as you do. Curb your impatience, because safety comes first. To lose a few seconds is always better than a additional pitstop for car repair.

Fair comes first - victory comes second.

Thank you.

Hello friends. The second race for the 1967 world sportscar championship will take place on Thursday, 2th July - 8pm german time at the circuit de Spa Francorchamps. 15 minutes qualifying and a 90 minute race under usual conditiones (required 5 minutes pitstop for everyone, 1 minute penalty pitstop if you are guilty for a damage to other cars). Please enter the lobby with a ready to race car.

See you at Spa Francorchamps - speed safely!

Hello friends, here is the result of the second race at Spa Francorchamps (July 2, 2020).

Prototypes:
1. Simba --------- 9.58 points
2. GT-RaceAce -- 8.75
3. oldboy -------- 7.92
4. Zoppo -------- 7.08

Sportscars:
1. GTP-Guido ---- 6.25
2. Heizer --------- 5.42
3. half-sourly ---- 4.58
4. nail-27 -------- 3.75
5. Revo ----------- 2.92
6. SeniorTom ---- 2.08
7. HanSiT --------- 1.25
12. Brunsberg ---- DNF

Thank you all for fair racing and the fun we had. See you again in two weeks at the Nürburgring (July 16.) for the third race.
Kind regards and speed safely - Zoppo.

Hello friends
The BOP for the Nürburgring race work pretty good when we do the practic races yesterday. Everything is prepared now for the 90 minutes race on July 16 - 8pm. Please show up with a ready to race car, because we like to start the race in time at 8:15 pm. Room and Party opens at 8 pm. See you on track.

Hello friends.

Here isw the result of the Nürburgring race (July, 16)

Prototypes:
1. Simba ------------ 9.44 points
2. Zoppo ------------ 8.33
3. oldboy ----------- 7.23

Sportscars:
1. PartyTrain ------- 6.11
2. half_sourly ------ 5.00
3. Revolution ------ 3.89
4. Heizer ----------- 2.78
5. DerGamer ------- 1.67
6. IGEL ------------- 0.56

Test run for the Le Lans race at July, 23 - 8pm.

Thank you all for fair racing. See you on track again. Zoppo

Last edited:
Apologies for not showing up, got caught up in alot of things AND got no notifications for this. Will be Adding you as a friend this weekend @ZOPPO GT

Hello friends

The race at Le Mans is history now and here are the results.

Prototypes: 1. Simba ------------- 9.55
2. Zoppo ------------- 8.64
3. oldboy ------------- 7.73

Sportscars: 1. Heizer ------------- 6.82
2. SeniorTom -------- 5.91
3. Brunsberg --------- 5.00
4. Gamer ------------- 4.09
5. half-sourly --------- 3.18
6. HanSiT ------------- 2.27
7. Revolution --------- DNF
8. PartyTrain ---------- DNF

The next race will be at Brands Hatch (August 13.)
Test and practice run August 6.

Back