PS4 No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iainn, Dec 6, 2014.

1. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

The issue isn't so much the procedural generation, but getting all of the components to work together. If you read The New Yorker article posted above, there's an anecdote they give about programming the gravity. One of the developers was bewildered as to why animals were walking on the ceiling of a cave system he was visiting until he realised that he was in the southern hemisphere and so the gravity was backwards.

2. Dan

Dan Premium

So, you mean to tell me, that this will be the first game ever with a realistic depiction of Australia? Awesome!

3. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

What they're doing is a monumental effort so I'm happy to wait things out and give them as much time as they need. Showing off the game so early in development might not have been a great idea but for all we know they thought were a lot closer to finishing, or perhaps they were pushed to get some footage out by Sony.

CallmeDan likes this.
  4. Carlos

Carlos Premium

The wait is probably more than worth it. And seeing other releases that are soon, I don't mind so much. Have enough to play with for the next 6 months at least :) Already playing Fifa16, MGSV and soon Ac Syndicate + Star Wars Battlefront. Biggest reason of me not minding, when this game releases I have the feeling its the only thing I'm playing for awhile :p

Cap'n Jack and CallmeDan like this.
  5. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Only if everything is venomous. And not just the snakes and the spiders, but the ordinary things, like puppies and pineapples. If life is a video game, Australia is the optional dungeon crawl - the kind that you would find in a Final Fantasy title - where everything is deliberately designed to kill you as quickly as possible.

niky, Carlos and CallmeDan like this.
  6. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Fair point, but I wish Sony would stop showing us things that won't be released for 2-3 years. They're learning though with games like TLG and Horizon.

FF7 is the excpetion but they had too after the PSX troll.

Carlos likes this.
  7. Dan

Dan Premium

Maybe this is why Hello Games says that it will take forever to complete NMS, and not due to the fact that there are 18 quintillion planets.

upload_2015-10-11_20-24-22.png

MiniM00S3 likes this.
  8. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Some of their developers have admitted to getting distracted by exploration when they're supposed to be testing.

CallmeDan likes this.
  9. Dan

Dan Premium

I don't blame them. I would too, if I got to work on such a gorgeous game.

Fryto likes this.
  10. Carlos

Carlos Premium

11. DQuaN

DQuaN Premium

Ooh!

12. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

Haahahahaa I love the internet! Can't wait to really get an indication on the release date.

13. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Is that your real order? Or the one that some think is a hoax that appeared a few days ago? I've heard people say that the release date still says 2016 or something on their orders.

14. Carlos

Carlos Premium

No idea.. The guy the screenshot is from, apparently some Thomas as you can see in the screen, posted that online.

Coincidence or not, on that date is the Paris Games Week..

15. Fryto

Fryto

Probably just an Amazon error

16. DQuaN

DQuaN Premium

This is driving me crazy!

17. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  18. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

19. MXH

MXH Premium

June next year? Welp. I think I'll just put my interest/hype on hold until then.

20. DQuaN

DQuaN Premium

Well that sucks. :grumpy:

21. Ddrizle

Ddrizle

Peasantslayer, CallmeDan and MeanElf like this.
  22. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

It is still a facinating thing. This is the creation of an entire universe. Very, very special stuff, despite the fact the game could be boring. It's existential.

23. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

So this is running on the PS4 now, glad they're at that stage.

24. Sprite

Sprite Premium

Why do I think Shuhei looks like he doesn't want to be there and rather be in a Karaoke bar being served drinks by young ladies dressed as school girls while he laughs maniacally throwing money everywhere?

image.jpeg

Otherwise the game looks good but the new vid shows some worrying FPS issues.

zzz_pt, Cap'n Jack and CallmeDan like this.
  25. Paulie

Paulie Premium

So I've only just started looking in to this game properly, and the feats it has set out to accomplish sound amazing. The game creates its own entire galaxy? Wow, though I'm a little concerned just how boring it might be to play. I wish it was better geared for co-op with your friends.

Dan likes this.
  26. Sprite

Sprite Premium

We still aren't 100% sure how they'll implement the multiple person aspect yet. I hope they have some form of managed communication. However I'll be dropping a lot of other games to full my immerse myself in this game.

The soundtrack is also going to be amazing. I was thinking of creating a blog based on my exploits but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do it.

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  27. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I try not to get my hopes up with what they "might" do in games any more, I tend to just take them for what has been revealed.

28. Sprite

Sprite Premium

I couldn't agree more with what you've said. Until I play and see what's being offered will I make up my mind.

However NMS offers so much scope based on what we know so far, I can't help but be a little excited.

Fryto likes this.
  29. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

30. Paulie

Paulie Premium