No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
They could at least give us a year, the game looked ready at E3 2014, perhaps all this procedural generation is creating 18 quintillion bugs.
The issue isn't so much the procedural generation, but getting all of the components to work together. If you read The New Yorker article posted above, there's an anecdote they give about programming the gravity. One of the developers was bewildered as to why animals were walking on the ceiling of a cave system he was visiting until he realised that he was in the southern hemisphere and so the gravity was backwards.

The issue isn't so much the procedural generation, but getting all of the components to work together. If you read The New Yorker article posted above, there's an anecdote they give about programming the gravity. One of the developers was bewildered as to why animals were walking on the ceiling of a cave system he was visiting until he realised that he was in the southern hemisphere and so the gravity was backwards.

So, you mean to tell me, that this will be the first game ever with a realistic depiction of Australia? Awesome!

What they're doing is a monumental effort so I'm happy to wait things out and give them as much time as they need. Showing off the game so early in development might not have been a great idea but for all we know they thought were a lot closer to finishing, or perhaps they were pushed to get some footage out by Sony.

The wait is probably more than worth it. And seeing other releases that are soon, I don't mind so much. Have enough to play with for the next 6 months at least :) Already playing Fifa16, MGSV and soon Ac Syndicate + Star Wars Battlefront. Biggest reason of me not minding, when this game releases I have the feeling its the only thing I'm playing for awhile :P

So, you mean to tell me, that this will be the first game ever with a realistic depiction of Australia?
Only if everything is venomous. And not just the snakes and the spiders, but the ordinary things, like puppies and pineapples. If life is a video game, Australia is the optional dungeon crawl - the kind that you would find in a Final Fantasy title - where everything is deliberately designed to kill you as quickly as possible.

The wait is probably more than worth it. And seeing other releases that are soon, I don't mind so much. Have enough to play with for the next 6 months at least :) Already playing Fifa16, MGSV and soon Ac Syndicate + Star Wars Battlefront. Biggest reason of me not minding, when this game releases I have the feeling its the only thing I'm playing for awhile :P

Fair point, but I wish Sony would stop showing us things that won't be released for 2-3 years. They're learning though with games like TLG and Horizon.

FF7 is the excpetion but they had too after the PSX troll.

Maybe this is why Hello Games says that it will take forever to complete NMS, and not due to the fact that there are 18 quintillion planets.

upload_2015-10-11_20-24-22.png

Is that your real order? Or the one that some think is a hoax that appeared a few days ago? I've heard people say that the release date still says 2016 or something on their orders.

No idea.. The guy the screenshot is from, apparently some Thomas as you can see in the screen, posted that online.

Coincidence or not, on that date is the Paris Games Week..

June next year? Welp. I think I'll just put my interest/hype on hold until then.

It is still a facinating thing. This is the creation of an entire universe. Very, very special stuff, despite the fact the game could be boring. It's existential.

Why do I think Shuhei looks like he doesn't want to be there and rather be in a Karaoke bar being served drinks by young ladies dressed as school girls while he laughs maniacally throwing money everywhere?

image.jpeg

Otherwise the game looks good but the new vid shows some worrying FPS issues.

So I've only just started looking in to this game properly, and the feats it has set out to accomplish sound amazing. The game creates its own entire galaxy? Wow, though I'm a little concerned just how boring it might be to play. I wish it was better geared for co-op with your friends.

So I've only just started looking in to this game properly, and the feats it has set out to accomplish sound amazing. The game creates its own entire galaxy? Wow, though I'm a little concerned just how boring it might be to play. I wish it was better geared for co-op with your friends.

We still aren't 100% sure how they'll implement the multiple person aspect yet. I hope they have some form of managed communication. However I'll be dropping a lot of other games to full my immerse myself in this game.

The soundtrack is also going to be amazing. I was thinking of creating a blog based on my exploits but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do it.

We still aren't 100% sure how they'll implement the multiple person aspect yet. I hope they have some form of managed communication. However I'll be dropping a lot of other games to full my immerse myself in this game.

The soundtrack is also going to be amazing. I was thinking of creating a blog based on my exploits but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do it.

I try not to get my hopes up with what they "might" do in games any more, I tend to just take them for what has been revealed.

I try not to get my hopes up with what they "might" do in games any more, I tend to just take them for what has been revealed.

I couldn't agree more with what you've said. Until I play and see what's being offered will I make up my mind.

However NMS offers so much scope based on what we know so far, I can't help but be a little excited.

Latest Posts

Back