No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
I've watched a lot of this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/THExXxCOBRA

The guy knows his stuff and insists the game will be released around E3 which is optimistic to say the least but all the evidence in his videos points to September, I do worry though that if we don't get a date soon we'll be waiting until earlyish next year when it has less competition from big titles.

..........One of five games that I'm pumped up for, is this, No Man's Sky. Coming in August? Damn, maybe I should go and get a PS4 soon.....or should I just upgrade my ol' PC instead...? Hmmmmm.....

This game just blows my mind. Upon reading the first page I thought it's just going to be like FUEL's procedurally generated world. Expansive, but also repetitive. After watching the 2 videos it's clear that this is on another level completely :drool:

Sometimes I wonder if we are living in a "game" created by higher beings. Who knows maybe in one of those 18 quintillion worlds sentient life occurs and it would never be discovered ever. It gives me chills just thinking about it...

Who knows maybe in one of those 18 quintillion worlds sentient life occurs and it would never be discovered ever.
Not really, the creators will know the limits in terms of the variation of each creature in No Man's Sky, it's like when you hit that randomize button on a game with a character creator and the sliders move around but this just has a tonne of base characters that randomize can be hit on.

Last edited:
One issue I noticed is there is no way to teleport back to your ship, so if you land and explore the planet for days/hours you have no choice but to walk back all that again to get to your ship.

Pretty sure Muzza said there is a way to call your ship in an IGN Insider video.
One issue I noticed is there is no way to teleport back to your ship, so if you land and explore the planet for days/hours you have no choice but to walk back all that again to get to your ship.

The creator said that he didn't want players to immediately TP their ship because that would discourage exploration. I can understand where he's coming with that.

The creator said that he didn't want players to immediately TP their ship because that would discourage exploration. I can understand where he's coming with that.

I disagree, it actually would encourage exploration.

I disagree, it actually would encourage exploration.

Having watched the IGN First videos I think it would have been nicer to have your ship teleported back to where you are. Maybe in a peaceful world you don't worry about this so much since it's no problem walking back, but with a more hostile planet I see myself hopping in and out the ship all the time because you need an escape route ASAP.

I recommend watching all the IGN First - No Man's Sky videos.

Just found out about this and it looks EPIC!

Apparently there is going to be some announcement on a TV show on the 2nd.

A nice long article/interview with Sean Murray in the New Yorker...

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/18/world-without-end-raffi-khatchadourian

Have revised the launch date in the OP as probably a bit optimistic now. End of the year more likely going by this article.

That is a very interesting article. Really well written. The game sounds as fascinating as Elite, Frontier etc ever were but while allowing us to explore everywhere we see.

I'm looking forward to exploring the equivalent of the methane lakes of Titan.

I think photography of the sights of the universe could become very popular providing we get decent enough tools.

I bought my PS4 for Driveclub and No Mans Sky and that's Driveclub a year old now!

Let's hope there's some news on a release date soon.

I think what will be really interesting is hearing other peoples stories that haven't been captured, there'll be people claiming that they've made amazing discoveries and we won't know whether they are true or not unless we happen to encounter the same thing.

Well, there's a reason why the PS4 has the recording function. A while ago, Jackfrags made a video talking about the next Battlefield game and that it would need a recording mode or theater mode. He made a point about Stun_gravy's famous "Rendezook" and "Jet Swap" videos in BF3. If he wasn't recording, they would be lost forever and just remain a rumor amongst him and the pilots he shot down. As for No Man's Sky, people won't be able to see the things that another person has, unless they physically go there themselves, or if the original player was recording. If/when I get a PS4, I want to travel to the center of the galaxy. Yes, I would always hop from planet to planet to gain resources, but my ultimate goal in NMS is to just get there. I want to see it for myself, not the eyes of someone else.

Isn't there supposed to be a database that everyone can access? Where you can upload what you've discovered and other people can see it? Unless the database I'm thinking of is an exclusive one to each individual player.

Well, there's a reason why the PS4 has the recording function. A while ago, Jackfrags made a video talking about the next Battlefield game and that it would need a recording mode or theater mode. He made a point about Stun_gravy's famous "Rendezook" and "Jet Swap" videos in BF3. If he wasn't recording, they would be lost forever and just remain a rumor amongst him and the pilots he shot down. As for No Man's Sky, people won't be able to see the things that another person has, unless they physically go there themselves, or if the original player was recording. If/when I get a PS4, I want to travel to the center of the galaxy. Yes, I would always hop from planet to planet to gain resources, but my ultimate goal in NMS is to just get there. I want to see it for myself, not the eyes of someone else.

Great feature about Ps4 is recording, and when you are not and something cool happened you can still save the last 15 minutes of gameplay. But like you I want to discover it myself and that's going to be hard... I'm sure when the game is released everybody wants to share their discoveries in here :P

I've been wanting to try it out since i saw a short review for it in GameInformer! A space game with free roam? That's my kind of game.

I've been wanting to try it out since i saw a short review for it in GameInformer! A space game with free roam? That's my kind of game.

Well, Elite Dangerous is out right now, but I hear it's very hard to just jump into.

I love watching the NMS subreddit go crazy over the lack of a release date and the use of the word 'soon' by both Sony and Hello Games. These guys clearly don't have the patience many of us GT fans have gained over the years.

But yeah, I've been following this game for a while now. Super excited for it and looking forward to exploring and the potential discoveries.

A good portion of video game communities make "soon" jokes, it's only funny when they think it's exclusive to whatever developer is in question.

I am also getting a little frustrated at the lack of a release date. Even a rough one will do. November? December? Before the end of the year? Q1 2016? Something would be nice.

They could at least give us a year, the game looked ready at E3 2014, perhaps all this procedural generation is creating 18 quintillion bugs.

Back