No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
Also I just landed on a planet that was -29 but its OK as the water (how when its soo cold?) Is +9! Seems when doing the planet calculations they didn't take account of basic things like this.
Why would that be impossible? Even here on earth warm water springs in freezing environment is something that occurs.

Looks a lot like my vortex cubes. lol
Also you double posted :lol:

Had any crashes since?

Oops. That I did! :P

And I haven't had a crash since, but I haven't played much today so I'll have to report back a little later.

Oops. That I did! :P

And I haven't had a crash since, but I haven't played much today so I'll have to report back a little later.

I haven't notice much either, except that I think my cubes after logging off respawn back.
I don't exactly know but might try it later on tonight if it stops storming or lack of storms but stormy.

No crashes that I've run into since the update so that's a great thing, but I'll keep on reporting until I'm confident enough... which shouldn't be more than a day or two.

Onto more important stuff because I'm on a scorched moon collecting Radnox and other ores/materials, and during a storm the already hot temperatures skyrocket up to 327.7 C/621.86 F. My mind can't even put together how dead I would be without this Exosuit. The storms eat away at the energy to the point where I panic every single time. :ill:

I can build a Coolant Network but I'm starting to wonder just how often I'm going to get use out of these protection upgrades. Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry but inventory slots are precious and I do like gathering 'hot' items and being hunted down by Sentinels. :lol:

inventory slots are precious
I know that feeling, Also when you have enough units to max out your inventory you cannot ever find a drop pod. Yet when you don't even have enough to think about it, their everywhere. :/ :lol:

As in a new ship that tells you to change the cannon when the start ship and the pre order ship don't?
Yeah I bought a new ship from a trader a few days ago and I still get the pop-up saying it needs oxide elements but happily runs on 0% charge.
Why would that be impossible? Even here on earth warm water springs in freezing environment is something that occurs.
It was a bad example I chose, but come to think of it I haven't seen much ice at all in this game.

I can build a Coolant Network but I'm starting to wonder just how often I'm going to get use out of these protection upgrades.
There's the cooling upgrades, there's the heat upgrades, there's the toxic upgrades, there's the breathing upgrades. Way too much inventory space for me, I'll just park my ship strategically and hop in every now and then.

Now if they come through with that base building stuff, you could actually make your base at a very inhospitable planet and then it would make sense to spend some slots on it. :D

It was a bad example I chose, but come to think of it I haven't seen much ice at all in this game.
The only ice I have seen so far is on my helmet when it's below zero. Would be nice to have planets with actual ice/poles, etc. Snowstorms, etc.

Last edited:
I've got all 48 suit slots but because I'm still grinding for a much better ship (got a 30 been seeing 38/40's for 19-20 million) I'm going to keep as many slots free as possible so I'll dismantle the upgrades I don't need for the planet I'm on at the time and then remake them when needed.

9 days in and No Man's Sky is beginning to feel boring for me. I love exploring, I even explore in racing games, but it has quite quickly become dull without some sense of purpose driving me forward.
I do have faith in it becoming a different experience over the next year and beyond but the amazingly vast world currently feels hollow and like a missed opportunity.

I am delighted Assetto Corsa is out in a week.

9 days in and No Man's Sky is beginning to feel boring for me. I love exploring, I even explore in racing games, but it has quite quickly become dull without some sense of purpose driving me forward.
I do have faith in it becoming a different experience over the next year and beyond but the amazingly vast world currently feels hollow and like a missed opportunity.

I think by the time, if ever, that NMS gets to where you want it to be, Planet Nomads will be already there and then some, the art style sure looks quite similar :)

Last edited:
I think by the time, if ever, that NMS gets to where you want it to be, Planet Nomads will be already there and then some, the art style sure looks quite similar :)

That looks interesting, I'd like to give it a try but I'm not sure if my laptop would run it at any level, it's got an i7-4720HQ Processor, 16g ram and R9 M265X Graphics. Any idea if it would work ?

That looks interesting, I'd like to give it a try but I'm not sure if my laptop would run it at any level, it's got an i7-4720HQ Processor, 16g ram and R9 M265X Graphics. Any idea if it would work ?

It's only at alpha, well by the end of the month
but they posted the requirements

We’ve tested Planet Nomads on a limited number of rigs, so please take the requirements as a general benchmark of Planet Nomads performance. This doesn’t mean they are way off, just don’t ask us about specific hardware configurations yet, as we don’t know at this point.

The Minimum Requirements to run the game are as follows:
CPU: i3 – 6300 / AMD FX 6300
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 550ti / R7 260x

Recommended Requirements for playing Planet Nomads:
i5 4690 / AMD FX 8370
8 GB RAM
GTX 960 / R9 280x/380

Last edited:
So much for the sheer size of the Universe and the number of planets meaning people could never meet.

I started the game, aimed at the nearest planet and accelerated towards it. I can't remember what the name of the planet was when I did that but within seconds of landing the name of the planet had changed and I didn't change it. No sign of anyone else on the planet though.

It has already been established by other players that if you do go to the same planet as each other, you can't see each other.

It has already been established by other players that if you do go to the same planet as each other, you can't see each other.
At a technological level: there is no client-server communication during play other than naming stuff. So no location or other info being transmitted/exchanged whatsoever.

At a technological level: there is no client-server communication during play other than naming stuff. So no location or other info being transmitted/exchanged whatsoever.
That probably explains why a couple of days ago I was playing this and my broadband stopped working. The game didn't miss a beat. I didn't even notice I was offline until I fired up my laptop to check for something about the game.

Going to try and move though finding the last 5 I think drop pods for a max suit, since I have a max multi tool already with more damage than mining but it's better since I can take down a 3 star wanted level with one clip. Then to farm up units for a better ship and see if I can't try to knock out platinum.

I'm currently at 43 slots for my suit, but have yet to find a better multitool than my current 17-slot. What would be the way to acquire better ones (besides random finds)?

I've maxed out my suit at 48 and I'm still finding pods when flying around. It's a big shame you can't expand your ship with them.. :banghead:

Maybe limit small ships to 25, medium to 35 and the rest to 48? It would change ship selection from "How many slots does it have?" to "That looks good! I want it."

I'm currently at 43 slots for my suit, but have yet to find a better multitool than my current 17-slot. What would be the way to acquire better ones (besides random finds)?

Planet trading posts sometimes if lucky can do it.
Other than having those one off shelters tend to have one.

I've maxed out my suit at 48 and I'm still finding pods when flying around. It's a big shame you can't expand your ship with them.. :banghead:

Maybe limit small ships to 25, medium to 35 and the rest to 48? It would change ship selection from "How many slots does it have?" to "That looks good! I want it."

I just maxed out my inventory space this morning. Now I can carry lots of cubes (Which if I get 32 of them nets me 834K units) unlike @Terronium-12 who is having fun with balls. :lol:

I find it since the pods are so plentiful I think they could just keep upgrading your suit. since if you go with all defense could end up having a full inventory, or full of something will do the same too.

Last edited:

I'm still on a 12 slot multitool. I don't seem to be having much luck with them, the only one's I'm finding are the same or smaller. I was beginning to think that was the maximum but obviously not.

Sounds similar to my experience with Minecraft. NMS has been described as "Starbound 3D", but based on what I have seen and heard about this game I personally don't think that's fair to Starbound, at least not its 1.0 release. It's a shame that this kind of hogged the spotlight from that, though it's not NMS' fault that Starbound fell off the radar during its protracted early access period.

I am just trying to find an operations Center that can give me an atlas pass.

So there is a bug/exploit you can do to farm one operations center.

For PC:
1. Find an operations centre and destroy the door (this is very important, the door must be destroyed first).
2. Save the game (either by save point or entering/exiting your ship).
3. Attempt the puzzle inside the operations centre.
4. If you didn't get an Atlas Pass or you failed the puzzle, reload your save.
5. It is very important to now save again (make a new save right after reloading).
6. Attempt the new puzzle inside the operations centre.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 until you get the Atlas Pass V2/3

For PS4
1.Destroy door.
2. Read puzzle.
3. Save
4. Do puzzle.
5. Restart game.
6. Repeat steps.

To for sure get an atlas pass v2 (Must be Gek Operations outpost)
When it gives you the option of which chemical to choose without giving.
Either:
Oxide
Isotope
Silicate

Choose Silicate (Since the only "blue" blueprints are bypass chips and atlas passes)

To get the v3 one, Must be Korvax outpost.
Get one that has 2 options
Open Comms
Delete report

Choose to open comms.

Last edited:
Ok, since the game released on PC i've been playing every day with almost not issues. 1 or 2 crashes in the past week. An update was done in the last 24 hours and now it crashed every 5-10 mins. :grumpy:

Landed safely at the deck and when I came back I saw my ship hoovering. Other ships were coming in and out. I had to make a chip and call it back in..
29018230071_cafc1c26e0_b.jpg

So far I get them given to me by Aliens in outposts if I answer the questions right.
The new one is usually 1-3 slots better

First crash since the patch late last night. I think I was flying and trying to access my inventory when it happened.

Frame drops are still pretty severe as well.

First crash since the patch late last night. I think I was flying and trying to access my inventory when it happened.

Frame drops are still pretty severe as well.

I have that crash since the first update.
I have learned not to be flying when doing it or at lease be at slow speeds to access it.

Oh. I should have kept my atlas stones...

Don't think they are really used for anything except to sell. (They say they get higher value the closer to the center you go.)

Back