No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,424 comments
It's funny because just yesterday I was watching a video in which Sean was being interviewed at E3 2015 and he said he really didn't want to speak about a release date because he feared the reaction if it needed to be pushed back, if there is a delay I really hope it's a small one.

Game in the UK are still showing 24 of June so I'm not sure if the recent info is correct.

So far there hasn't been any conformation on it being delayed, as some stated, it's a rumor and/or clickbate material.

Until something is said by either Sony or Hello games or even the creator I would suggest that it's still on time.

Edit: From what I have seen is that gamestop has confirmed it has been delayed and will update the system next week once they get the official new date (From 3 different sources).
While other people on Reddit has confirmed that 30 different stores say they have not got word of the delay and with that they don't plan on to change it.

So with my knowledge I have no idea on if it's going to be coming out on time or late or whatnot.

Last edited:
So I went to the other gamestop today, Picked up Battleborn, and asked about NMS.
Their system is still saying the 21st with no mention of any pending delay.
So it's still unknown.

Judging by the No Man's Sky subreddit the game has been delayed to the 24th of June, so a global release on the 24th rather than it coming to some countries on the 21st.

3-day delay huh? There's still no official say from Hello Games themselves but the new date is something to go by for now.

I think it's a good/bad situation.
Good is that it gives everyone a level playing field to get their own "planet"
Bad is that it was delayed but no one seems to know any official word.

News of this kinda sucks, but hopefully it's worth the wait.
Was hoping for a minor set back but not this far. Since I won't get to play it as much before schooling now.
Just hope this delay isn't a sign of more delays to come.

Damn, and I have no games at the moment either. Both Ark and NMS have now been delayed and will probably all come out at the same time with NBA 2K17.👎

I like how Sean said it would be delayed by a few weeks. (Thought a few was like 3 weeks) not like 6-7 weeks.
Guess I will have The Crew July summit to go through too now with that car.

Not too big of a delay, no big deal. Though I'm in the fortunate position of having plenty of things to play in the meantime... I'm practically drowning in games, as a matter of fact. :lol:

I'm hearin' ya. I have 45 PS4 games, and only get a max of about 2 - 3 hours per night to myself, and I often choose to sit back and watch a movie or something, not just play games, in that "me" time. So I'll have more than enough to play while I wait for NMS. :)

I'm hearin' ya. I have 45 PS4 games, and only get a max of about 2 - 3 hours per night to myself, and I often choose to sit back and watch a movie or something, not just play games, in that "me" time. So I'll have more than enough to play while I wait for NMS. :)

2-3hrs a night?!:eek: Damn, by the time I'm done eating and doing workouts or what ever I'll be lucky to have 1.5hrs, depending on how early I want to get to bed. A lot of the time I spend that time watching tv series.

2-3hrs a night?!:eek: Damn, by the time I'm done eating and doing workouts or what ever I'll be lucky to have 1.5hrs, depending on how early I want to get to bed. A lot of the time I spend that time watching tv series.

Yeah well it all depends on how much sleep you want to get I guess :lol: I live fairly close to the gym too, so working out doesn't take up a lot of my time.

Yeah well it all depends on how much sleep you want to get I guess :lol: I live fairly close to the gym too, so working out doesn't take up a lot of my time.

I gym at home.:lol: But yeah sleep is a factor, and I don't cope well with a lack of it, in fact I am just always tired I can't remember ever not being now. 8hrs sleep and I feel wrecked like I only had 4.:crazy:

Just had this from Amazon. Ahh well at least it gives me time to play Witcher 3 inc the DLC.

image.jpeg

I gym at home.:lol: But yeah sleep is a factor, and I don't cope well with a lack of it, in fact I am just always tired I can't remember ever not being now. 8hrs sleep and I feel wrecked like I only had 4.:crazy:

Fair enough, thought you must have worked 12 hour days or something to only have so little time to yourself. I used to sleep quite a lot before my boy was born. These days if I get 8 hours, I call it a sleep in lol. He's usually up by 7 or so, and I like to stay up 'till around midnight, to get as much me time as possible haha. Being sleep deprived is just par for the course when you've got kids. :lol:

disappointing it's getting pushed back but glad that they are allowing more time to make the game even better. Even if the game turns out to be a bust, I always like to support developers who have the guts to try something new

It would seem that the delay is partially down to a copyright issue with Sky TV over the word "Sky". Apparently Sky own the word sky, so I need to pay them quite a lot for mentioning sky many times in this post.

It would seem that the delay is partially down to a copyright issue with Sky TV over the word "Sky". Apparently Sky own the word sky, so I need to pay them quite a lot for mentioning sky many times in this post.

This is kinda like the time the Fine Brothers wanted to trademark the word React. :indiff:

Still hyped for this game, though. :)

Jesus, how a company can own a word like sky is just bloody ridiculous. Can't wait to play No Man's thingyouknowthethingwhenyoulookupandtherescloudsandsometimesstars.

I know what you mean but I'm going to have to sue you because I own the rights to "thingyouknowthethingwhenyoulookupandtherescloudsandsometimesstars"

Change it to "No Man's Space" and get over with it :/

Oh, there's a bunch of alternative names you could give it, but it's already well established as No Man's Sky, and it's a really good name. It's good that they stood their ground and didn't give in to Sky. Sky are a bunch of 🤬 at the best of times.

Back