No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,424 comments
Doubt there will be, usually when a game goes gold then the release date should be fairly solidified. Can't wait to see how this game turns out, best of luck to Sean and his crew. I love his passion, it makes me smile.

Well the SOMETHING IS HAPPENING tweet was meaning gold.
Given that it's going gold meaning now it's all updates from here on out. Probably a Day zero update.

Yeah if it's gone gold, that means the discs are now in production, so the game is officially finished. Of course, they can still do bug fixes and things with updates, but if it's gone gold, it won't be delayed again. Very much looking forward to this one.

Great news. At least Murdoch and his minions didn't delay it too long.

To verify that this is happening. Lots of waiting.
(North America release)
33 days or 1 month 2 days
2,851,200 seconds
47,520 minutes
792 hours
4 weeks and 5 days
9.02% of 2016

(UK Release)
34 days or 1 month 3 days
2,937,600 seconds
48,960 minutes
816 hours
4 weeks 6 days
9.29% of 2016

Will need to pick up a GTX 1060 or 1070 for this - just in time :)

Hope there is a VR mode on PC

Even better, a video card+ game bundle

---------------

LOL this guy goes on a killing spree at 5:15 - does give us a look at a different angle

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game to come out! It makes me so happy that the PS4 has such a diverse amount of games with beautiful art styles. Aside from being a sci-fi, space exploration game with controllable spacecraft, the bright colors really drew me in at the first trailer.

Isn't this a ps4 exclusive :embarrassed: ?
Nope, it will be released on PC at the same time as PS4.

That said, I'll opt to get No Man's Sky on PS4 over PC. It seems like it'll be the kind of game that will suit sitting back on the lounge, in front of the TV with a beer as opposed to sitting upright at the computer desk. That and my PS4 has been a bit neglected, aside from the time I've given it for Uncharted 4 recently.

So the disc version is about 6GBs
Mostly audio.
Passed first RC1. Getting closer.

I hope this game turns out well, I'm an Xb1 player, but there's talks of it maybe coming to Xb1 sometime soon. Even if not, I still hope it's cool.

I've only read a little on the game, the goal is to get to the center of the universe? It looks really cool and different.

I've been playing Elite Dangerous for several months now, my first real space game, so I'm excited to see how the games compare to each other. :)

I hope this game turns out well, I'm an Xb1 player, but there's talks of it maybe coming to Xb1 sometime soon. Even if not, I still hope it's cool.

I've only read a little on the game, the goal is to get to the center of the universe? It looks really cool and different.

I've been playing Elite Dangerous for several months now, my first real space game, so I'm excited to see how the games compare to each other. :)

Other way around for me :) . I'll be enjoying NMS on my PS4, but I'm eagerly waiting for Elite Dangerous to be released on PS4 as well.

18 quintillion planets. What an opportunity for the ultimate developer troll trophy.

HONEY I'M HOME! (BRONZE)
Visit all 18 quintillion planets in No Man's Sky.

I am looking forward to trying No Man's Sky as I love exploring in games. Guess exploring doesn't come any more 'explorey' than this.

I wonder what is actually at the center?
One Trophy looking planet with one person saying Welcome you have completed your journey here, have this trophy.

18 quintillion planets. What an opportunity for the ultimate developer troll trophy.

HONEY I'M HOME! (BRONZE)
Visit all 18 quintillion planets in No Man's Sky.

I am looking forward to trying No Man's Sky as I love exploring in games. Guess exploring doesn't come any more 'explorey' than this.

I think I read somewhere that If you spend only one second at each planet it will still take you 500 billion years to reach them all.

I wonder what is actually at the center?
One Trophy looking planet with one person saying Welcome you have completed your journey here, have this trophy.

I want to find out as well. NO SPOILERS HERE. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

I think I read somewhere that If you spend only one second at each planet it will still take you 500 billion years to reach them all.

Here is one link that I found http://www.redbull.com/us/en/games/stories/1331793645482/no-mans-sky-for-pc-and-ps4-statistics

Edit:
5. 922,337,203,685,477,580
That's the number of days you'd need to live for in order to discover everything in No Man's Sky for yourself. And even then, that's being generous. Let's assume that you somehow find a way to play all day, every day. You forgo sleep, food, relationships, and everything else we all need to exist. But let's assume you manage it, and you play nothing but No Man's Sky. Perhaps you explore 24 planets a day (one for every hour of the day), of varying size and scope: that would mean you’d need 922,337,203,685,477,580 days on this Earth to see the lot.

We hate to break it to you, but that would mean you'd need 2,526,951,242,973,911 years to see it all. It doesn't take our scientific calculator to work out that nobody lives that long.

The average life expectancy in the UK is around 82 years, which means that if you played from birth for every hour of the day, you'd see 718,320 planets which, while entirely respectable, is the merest fraction of the game. In fact, even if you had everyone in the world working this same job, it still wouldn't be possible in a human lifetime – unless the world's population suddenly swells to around 18 trillion or so. If you ever needed to see how big the scope for this game is, it's right there.

That is for just 1 hour on a planet.

We have seen quite a diverse range of creatures and biomes so far which is a good sign, hopefully they show us solid trading and crafting systems in the next few videos.

Speaking of solid, this lad looks ready to knock someone's teeth out.

wgs1gy9ws79x.png

Last edited:
What am I going to do?! I'm still not finished with Fallout 4, I barely started MGS5, bought the Witcher 3 like a month ago and haven't played it and now I got Dying Light which is also a huge open-world game. An now I'm going to buy this and won't be able to get into it as much as I want because I have to keep track of the other games :(

Back