No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
I saw on YouTube a video about a new money making method added with beyond and I can confirm using the new mining tools and activated indium is OP. I managed to find a B rated activated indium site only 300 U from an Electromagnetic Power hotspot that was grade C. The Electromagnetic Power hotspot provides plenty of free power without having to worry about batteries or solar panels.

This is what the base looks like, Its not very pretty but it's only for making money so it doesn't need to look good imo.
20190903081716_1.jpg

this is how far away the power is and another closer picture of it.
20190903081733_1.jpg

20190903082037_1.jpg

This is the profits from selling it at a BAD price lol, I have more than enough to get an S-class freighter if I ever get lucky enough to find one.
20190903095118_1.jpg

I've had about year break from this game (played it last time before Abyss update).

Cheered on some updates, frowned on some. I had really nice base on peaceful planet, but now I found there's toxic plants bursting around and I need 10 powerplants to turn my base electricity up. It doesn't help all my raw material are in those numbered vault boxes, but they need electricity.
I suppose I have to go dig out first those data pieces so I can get solar power and stuff?

I am also confused about tweaked dialogue with fellow space aliens. Practising langue skill lead me to annoy him and got respect lose from their species. Bug, or should I do something differently?

Yeah, I tried to figure out the power thing at my base yesterday, and couldn't make any sense of it. So said to hell with it, and did something else.

Also, before this, I'd been warping around, buying slots for my suit. I noticed over the weekend, it wasn't taking the units when I bought a slot. I got probably 20-30 million in slots for free.

Activated Indium is indeed OP in terms of trading, I don’t bother with farming living glass anymore because of this. The only thing that stops me from making hundreds of millions on one trade is because I play survival. My inventory is small compared to normal, I can only carry around 30-35k of these between me and my hauler.

I still make an easy 30 mil every couple hours with very little effort though, I just need to sell them at a different system every time or the selling price goes down by like 82% or something.

This along with circuit board farming gets me more than enough money to buy pretty much anything I want. A stack of 10 circuit boards usually gets me around 9-10 million. My current farms can produce 23 and it takes me about half an hour to do it all.

Living glass makes about 5 or 6 mil per stack but they are very tedious to make.

Last edited:
activated indium is OP

Activated Indium is indeed OP

It sure is good, another one is good too, it's Chlorine.. but it also involves Oxygen.

You can extract oxygen (among other gases) from any planet with the new gas extractor once you find a hotspot, same way as mining indium etc with the mineral one.

2 oxygen + 1 Chlorine refines into 6 Chlorine. So you need refiners as well, and a bit of "work". One Chlorine sells for around 600 Units.

:)

With PS4...

Is wiring batteries and solar panels currently bugged or what I'm doing wrong? Wire ends doesn't seem to go into their positions and I am unable to connect devices.

I also had few spacecrafts parked at my space freighter and now they are gone. Bug or new feature?

^Sorry, I haven't gotten far enough to do any wiring yet so I can't help you out.

After about 12 in-game hours, I have fixed all but one technology slot on my 36 million unit, A class fighter. Only 6 or 8 slots were free when I found it and it has 34+8 tech slots total. I was lucky enough to find an icy planet rich with copper for all the chromatic metal I needed. Then I found a tropical planet with lots of paraffinium and spent a few hours mining there. The slots that needed it required 400 each. The hardest part was selling enough cobalt, gold, platinum and silver to buy all the wiring looms. Most of the tech slots needed 5 wiring looms each and I can't make them myself yet.

I on the other hand found nice lovely planet with perfect climate and mostly peaceful animals. I build lovely base near lake and even sauna (of course, I am a Finn). Planet has lot of copper and paraffinium. My minions in freight fleet brings me lot of chromatic metal on every journey. Since last big update, my base has been out of power. It sucks.

I'm stuck in the Artemis quest, the game tells me to craft the Artemis translator but I don't have such blueprint and I cant even restart the quest.
I have sended a bug report to hello games, it's pretty frustrating

JvM
It sure is good, another one is good too, it's Chlorine.. but it also involves Oxygen.

You can extract oxygen (among other gases) from any planet with the new gas extractor once you find a hotspot, same way as mining indium etc with the mineral one.

2 oxygen + 1 Chlorine refines into 6 Chlorine. So you need refiners as well, and a bit of "work". One Chlorine sells for around 600 Units.

:)

I used to sell Chlorine before the big update, I would find a salt deposit and put down as many Autonomous Mining Units as I could then threw the salt in the refiners. It was a very slow process though. This was before I knew farming living glass and circuit boards was a thing.

Last edited:
I'm stuck in the Artemis quest, the game tells me to craft the Artemis translator but I don't have such blueprint and I cant even restart the quest.
I have sended a bug report to hello games, it's pretty frustrating
Sorry to hear that. I just finished building the translator and calibrating it in my game but that's as far as I got. For me, I just needed to hit square on PS4 while on an empty slot in the Exosuit and the translator was an option to install. I don't remember needing a blueprint for it.

Sorry to hear that. I just finished building the translator and calibrating it in my game but that's as far as I got. For me, I just needed to hit square on PS4 while on an empty slot in the Exosuit and the translator was an option to install. I don't remember needing a blueprint for it.

I just have the superior three translators, i guess they are B, A and S. Just bought them at the anomaly, but it's not what the quest requires :(

Ah, that could be the problem. If there is a limit on how many translators you can have, that may be your issue. Try removing your class B one and then see if you can install the Artemis translator.

Played during Yule holidays this game for long time. Finally managed to power up my main base and then concentrated on new other things.

Language training was fixed and learning words from 3 species are easier than ever. Jumping between star systems (which has space station) let you learn average 15 new words at space station alone. Also planets seem to have plenty of those word containers.

Currently Geks has up to 771 words, Vykeens 781 words and Korvax 761. Quite task to get them full, but game gives gold achievement when you reach about ~ 680.

Nexus Anomaly station visits gives nice missions to do with others or scramble them through alone. I'm currently seeking those salvaged frigate modules to get upgrades for my freighter.

Cooking recipes are bit mysterious to me. I gave some meal at Anomaly Station Gordon Ramsay and he insulted me. I would have shot him with my multi-tool, but weapon use is prevented at there :(

I'm happy Hellogames removed common item volumes and I can now store for example ferrite dust for 9999 units, not 250 like it was!

That reminds me, I need to do another episode of NMS VR Survival mode.

I also have VR set and tested NMS with them.

Good is that works well, moving was odd since it set as default some kind of teleportation movement. I later found out you can set movement normal.
Downside is limited power of PS4 an/or VR set. Resolution is like forgetting to use eyeglasses. Lot of blur.

It's nice option but I quickly made my way back to HDR of tv... :)

I also have VR set and tested NMS with them.

Good is that works well, moving was odd since it set as default some kind of teleportation movement. I later found out you can set movement normal.
Downside is limited power of PS4 an/or VR set. Resolution is like forgetting to use eyeglasses. Lot of blur.

It's nice option but I quickly made my way back to HDR of tv... :)
If I recall, there's an option for that as well. It is set to be very soft and leads to blur. It can be sharpened up, but not to HDR TV levels.

The newest update is kind of weird but I like it.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/02/no-mans-sky-living-ship-release/

I’m on my second playthrough on normal mode this time. I started my character right in the Galactic Hub which was pretty cool. Now I'm making my way to the center of the galaxy. I'm "only" 400k LY away, and I can only jump 2100 LY at a time. :banghead:

My first playthrough was in hardcore mode, I liked it at first but the constant recharging and inventory management got pretty boring after 100 hours. Plus only a small portion of people play in that mode. I don't really find it any harder than normal, it's just a pain in the ass.

I'll post a pic of my main activated indium farm later, it's good for 126k every 2 hours. It's also really close to the galactic hub.

If you're wondering wtf I'm talking about check this out.
https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Galactic_Hub_Project

This game continues to impress me.

Last edited:
I recently got back into this game and it is an extremely fun and addictive game. The ship upgrades/scrapping addition is a lot of fun and I finally got an exocraft to mess around with. Exo-mech will be next but I still have not finished the story.

I had this on PS4 and played it quite a bit a after the big improvement update but didnt get through to the end. How is the PC version? and what have the last few updates been like?

I had this on PS4 and played it quite a bit a after the big improvement update but didnt get through to the end. How is the PC version? and what have the last few updates been like?

I also played it quite a bit on PS4, and then again quite a bit when PSVR support was added. I now haven't touched it in months, but just bought it on Steam after not really being able to get into Elite: Dangerous. I am very much looking forward to trying out NMS on my Rift S.

The console and PC versions were caught up to each other ages ago and as far as I know they continue to be identical.

Back