No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,424 comments
Hello folks! I've been reading those last pages and after the last trailer i kinda want to try this game.

Plan is to play on ps4. Any perfomace issues there?

Been playing Elite Dangerous for a very long time, but since i achieved everything in that game (and since Frontier doesn't know what they're doing anymore) i want a space game where i can chill out and explore a little bit.

Hello folks! I've been reading those last pages and after the last trailer i kinda want to try this game.

Plan is to play on ps4. Any perfomace issues there?

Been playing Elite Dangerous for a very long time, but since i achieved everything in that game (and since Frontier doesn't know what they're doing anymore) i want a space game where i can chill out and explore a little bit.
Not that I'm aware of although I use a Pro these days. The flight physics are 4dof and nowhere near as good as ED.

It's in a sale at the moment and is great value for discovery and exploration players but check some recent YouTube videos to show you what to expect.

I just hope we can play his on PS5 with some performance improvements. Reducing pop up and frame drops would be sweet. I’d love to go back to it but I have an original ps4 and on my 4K tv it doesn’t look that good, especially with all the pop in, frame issues and texture lag.

I bought the game 2 days ago and had no idea there was a big update coming yesterday! I'm really enjoying it so far, just cataloguing the various flora and fauna is interesting and while there are some things I'd change to make the experience better I think they've done an amazing job at improving the game since launch. That said the performance and pop-in on base PS4 is pretty terrible, it would be great to be able to play it on PS5 with improvements.

That said the performance and pop-in on base PS4 is pretty terrible, it would be great to be able to play it on PS5 with improvements.
On PC they quietly increased system requirements with every update. Ultra/1080p used to be fine for GPUs with 4GB VRAM, today it's 8GB. Medium today is the old Ultra. Not surprised it's running worse on a base PS4. (or Xbox). Some folks on PC can't even run the game anymore after they updated to Vulkan.

@NLxAROSA I'm waiting for them to finish with the updates before I go back to it (I tried and failed to start a game maybe a couple of years ago), knowing me I'd play it, eventually get bored and never work up enough enthusiasm to go back and check out what's changed, or I would go back and end up confused by all the changes.

It does look really good now from what I've seen, but... Yeah, the longer I wait, the more game I get so I'm not planning on playing this anytime soon, even though I want to. That might sound dumb but I've lost count of how many early access games I've bought, played to death and haven't played since they hit 1.0. In fact Wreckfest and Subnautica are the only two I can think of that I *have* gone back to after playing in early access.

@neema_t : I don't think they'll stop with updates any time soon to be honest, they've just made the game look nice on next gen and I'm pretty sure there are content updates coming too. :lol:

And lo, update 3.8 arrives...

The Sentinal pillars and all the new related lore look interesting, as does the new Battle Mech
(his mates call him B Mech Bob)

Last edited:
And another big update!
There be pirates, aha me hearties taps wooden leg

7.7GB update on crappy hotel wifi....

Trailer looks great though (love the look of the new ship class!), can't wait to try it out later. The next expedition could be fun too, assuming it's based on the new features.

And another big update!
There be pirates, aha me hearties taps wooden leg

Looks good, some day I'll dive in.
Just the music is annoying though.
They must have grown and hired poeple a lot i guess since launch.

Is their some feel, inertia, a little physics feel in ships you fly?

Last edited:
So while some people are apparently throwing hissy fits about the 4.0 update because of changes it made to the inventory system, I've found it's dragged me back in thanks to the custom difficulty settings. Something I never really liked about the game beforehand was that if you didn't like certain aspects, you either had to hope someone made a mod to disable it or play in creative, which basically took away all the goals and progression. Now I can simply turn off or lessen the difficulty of the things I don't like and still work towards things like finding materials to fix a broken ship and thoroughly exploring planets to catalog everything on them, rather than just wandering around aimlessly from one to the next. Heck, I've spent a good three days just kicking around my starter system until I finished fixing up a broken multi-tool that was handed to me.

Also, exocraft are for losers. Get a real ride.
RlNnEmo.jpg

So of the three systems I could reach from my starting place, one is an outlaw system that has a planet full of high value salvagable scrap sitting right under the space station. Which made getting this rather easy:

WjmddkN.jpg

ty0f3TV.jpg

It almost feels like cheating having this so early on, the pulse drive is so efficient that it may as well not be using fuel at all. Granted tritium is trivially easy to find and it's not a big deal to make launch fuel, but not having to reserve cargo slots for such is always a nice thing for a greedy pilferer like me.

Now I just need to come up with a few billion more units to fill out all the cargo and tech slots and however many nanites to upgrade it all the way to S class...

Another update... v4.20 Interceptor

(Looks like the next big update might include changes to/additional interiors for the Space Stations)

Last edited:
No Man's Sky is the gift that just keeps on giving. It's such an amazing game. There are few games that facilitate so many different types of playstyles right out of the box. Want to explore the universe? Go ahead. Want to become a farmer on a single planet? Gotcha. Pirate? Sure. Galactic trader. Yup, no problem. Just want to make photo's? Yes. Fauna archivist? Yeah, why not.

This game went from a sloppy launch to the benchmark in modern space exploration games. Other titles have a lot to live up to.

Poked around a couple stations, and the changes to the interiors are relatively minor but noticeable. The wealthy Gek-owned station had a lot of workstation like cubicles with the little cube decorations that give navigation data, and the moderate Vy'Keen station seemed mostly the same as before but there were more cargo crates strewn about, so possibly the layout depends on what the system's economic state is.

Also I'm not entirely sure about this, but it seems like Nexus missions involve corrupted Sentinels more often than they used to? Could just be (un)luck of the draw on my part, but I had three in a row where they popped up so it might be a thing related to the update.

Also also, these have probably been a thing for a long while but I found a planet with active volcanos, which is something I'd not yet seen. Every time I come back to this game I find something new that's not even related to the update, it just keeps impressing me that way.

275850_20230406003135_1.png

Back