No special colors for decals?

• Thread starter polizei
  • 14 comments
Why can't we use special color chips for decals? Seems kind of lame, imo.
I agree its annoying.

I love doing liveries i spend most of my time creating them, what is also annoying is that you can't move a whole piece of Art all together to a different place on the car after spending 3hrs creating them you find it needs to be moved.... Doh.
Does anyone know if there is a way to move something all together at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love doing liveries i spend most of my time creating them, what is also annoying is that you can't move a whole piece of Art all together to a different place on the car after spending 3hrs creating them you find it needs to be moved.... Doh.
Does anyone know if there is a way to move something all together at once.
Oh I agree, it's very annoying if you need to adjust something. But I also like that it's hard, it forces you to be creative when anyone can upload a file and paste it on there. But yeah, at least let us make a group, or even flatten some layers so it's one layer, it would be nice to be able.to create and save decals too.

Why can't we use special color chips for decals?

I've also been wondering about this too... really hard to colour match the special paints like the "Large Flake" reds and blues that I picked up in the Mileage Exchange. Would add to the decal's texture as well.

Cheers

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this to be added in in the future? I'd really like to be able to add some chrome or matt stripes to some of my cars, particularly my Charger Hellcat!

No word that I have heard/seen. For now the work around is to back mask....paint the car with your chrome or matte color and put other decals over everything but your stripes. There's lots of folks that have put out negative decals and logos for this purpose too so you could have a chrome GT logo with your stripes too. :)

Special paints aren't colours, they're rendering effects, as such I'm sure the limitations are in place for a reason.

No word that I have heard/seen. For now the work around is to back mask....paint the car with your chrome or matte color and put other decals over everything but your stripes. There's lots of folks that have put out negative decals and logos for this purpose too so you could have a chrome GT logo with your stripes too. :)

Is there any examples of this negative decals and how they work? I need much learn.

Is there any examples of this negative decals and how they work? I need much learn.

This kind of thing...

DUlpkFbXcAEpGzK.jpg

It's one I did to make Chromeline / Stealth style cars from GT5/6

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...gallery/all/decal/3518385/4972630404054909952

Why can't we use special color chips for decals? Seems kind of lame, imo.
I have found a way to match the solid special colors, as for the the colors with effects it will only match the base color. To match the color you want open the paint car menu select the wheel then select the special color. Now open the color palette then select color picker then select ok. you will find it added the color to the color history. Hope that helps.

I have found a way to match the solid special colors, as for the the colors with effects it will only match the base color. To match the color you want open the paint car menu select the wheel then select the special color. Now open the color palette then select color picker then select ok. you will find it added the color to the color history. Hope that helps.
I'll have to try that. It's odd to me that they wouldn't allow to use their own color code to match paints.

This is how I make my JPS liveries.
Start with a Gold paint, add stripes, and then the masked decals. Fill the rest with black decals.
However, I tend to make the masked decals a bit to large!

Here is one I've shared
8215221109390312960_23.jpg

Last edited:
Back