Noble unveils the 542hp M500 at Goodwood

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 27 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
It will have a 542hp twin turbo 3.5L V6 Ford EcoBoost.
noble_m500a.jpg
noble_m500b.jpg
noble2.jpg

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...festival-speed/550bhp-plus-noble-m500-arrives

Last edited:
So has Ford opened up the GT's power plant for other uses? Thought they would have it locked up pretty tight.

The front end looks like a Koenigsegg Regera and the rear end looks like a mesh of the current Ford GT and Koenigsegg Agera.

So has Ford opened up the GT's power plant for other uses? Thought they would have it locked up pretty tight.
I changed the info in the op.
It will have Ford's 3.5L EcoBoost V6 which is found in the GT, F150/Raptor and Expedition/Navigator. The GT has 647hp, F150 /Expedition have 375hp, Expedition Platinum has 400hp and F150Raptor/Navigator have 450hp. So maybe they are getting the engine and giving it their own tune.

Looks... older? As if the design has been tucked away for a couple years.

Wondering where the hell their M600 Speedster is, though.

Fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgly.

So what all am I seeing in there?

The way the rear spoiler clings to the haunches is more than slightly reminiscent of the XJ220, the pods flanking the rear glass and the deck surface behind them are Koenigsegg-ish, the rear glass reeks of Lamborghini, the offset sail panels and side inlets they lead into are clearly Ford GT and the profile curve made by the leading edge of those sail panels and inlets calls to the Chiron.

Am I missing anything?

Actually, yes. Corvette C7 headlights.

cq5dam.web_.1280.12801_11.jpeg
Raiding the parts bin wasn't what I was going for; they're C7 headlights, not headlights that look very much like those used on the C7. I also disregarded the generic supercar front inlets and mesh rear fascia.

Raiding the parts bin wasn't what I was going for; they're C7 headlights, not headlights that look very much like those used on the C7. I also disregarded the generic supercar front inlets and mesh rear fascia.

You asked what you were missing, and someone told you exactly what it was. Those are Vette headlights. The car is a sourced design and mechanical parts bundle, and not as cool as the older ones looks wise.

Just noticed the front vents/air dam (not exactly) shape wise and placement look similar to the Project One.

Last edited:
You asked what you were missing, and someone told you exactly what it was. Those are Vette headlights. The car is a sourced design and mechanical parts bundle, and not as cool as the older ones looks wise.
Yeah, I was there when it happened. I didn't say the addendum was incorrect, I merely specified that I was referring to the half-inched styling cues.

Kay, whatever that means.
It means that when something that I intentionally left off of the list was added to it, I was compelled to note that it was recognized but excluded and to provide a reason why. While I could have been more openly thankful for the comment (and in hindsight I indeed regret not having done so*), I didn't disregard the comment in a malicious or supercilious manner.

Frankly, I'm not the least bit concerned by the use of existing headlights, as designing them can be quite costly without any real acclaim for having done so. Didn't Lamborghini use Nissan headlights at one point? I doubt they really suffered for it. If anything about the use of C7 headlights bugs me, it's that they don't fit particularly well into their surroundings; as if they were an afterthought.

*Edit: Not only do I like to think myself more considerate than that, but it may well have rendered this additional dialogue moot or even nonexistent.

It means that when something that I intentionally left off of the list was added to it, I was compelled to note that it was recognized but excluded and to provide a reason why. While I could have been more openly thankful for the comment (and in hindsight I indeed regret not having done so), I didn't disregard the comment in a malicious or supercilious manner.

Frankly, I'm not the least bit concerned by the use of existing headlights, as designing them can be quite costly without any real acclaim for having done so. Didn't Lamborghini use Nissan headlights at one point? I doubt they really suffered for it. If anything about the use of C7 headlights bugs me, it's that they don't fit particularly well into their surroundings; as if they were an afterthought.

Actually let me be more concise, since I feel I wasn't as well, I don't understand what criteria you're using the analyze the half inch whatever as you put it. Which is probably why you got the response you did to what seemed to be a general question to begin with. Had he or I known that you has some pre-requisite to the question that might have helped.

As for headlight reuse, yes Lambo did that and it's a typical thing, along with other mechanical/electrical working parts like wire harnesses, engines, gauges and on and on as I'm sure you're aware of. As for the looks I agree they don't fit but as I said in my edit to my original post, they have the styling inspiration of so many super cars it is hard to see how any of it works well design wise. I think the front quarter panels are also C7 panels or at least very similar in styling.

I preferred the old Nobles that had a bit more individuality, like the M600. Now it looks extremely generic and the proportions, especially at the front don't look right. Looks like a riced C7 with a bad imitation Ford GT bodykit.

I see 0% of any Ford GT in it to be honest.
That would be the "flying buttress" sail panels that flank the car and blend into those large side inlets. To be fair, Ford wasn't breaking new ground with them, and they can also be seen on the new NSX.

Ferrari can probably be credited for their recent resurgence on the whole, as they were present on the 599, but something similar could be found on the F355 and the 348 before it--albeit with glass meeting them both on the side and at the rear. These examples differ from more traditional sail panels in that they sit proud of the greenhouse "box," much like the flying buttress in architecture sits proud of the building proper.

Earlier stand-alone (sans glass) flying buttresses could be found on the Maserati Merak, as well as the De Tomaso Pantera 7X 'Montella' styled by Tom Tjaarda.

And it all circles back to Ferrari with the early Dino and, as far as I know the first use in automotive design, the 1967 330 GTC Speciale by Pininfarina--but these examples again have glass coves that meet the flying buttresses at the rear.

Here's the production version!

1642034531432.png

1642034537368.png

1642034549092.png

1642034571239.png

1642034576630.png

1642034585719.png

The Noble M500 is the new supercar from the small British brand. The company only has a working prototype for now, which these images show. The first customer deliveries should happen before the end of the year, according to Autocar.

The M500 will use a Ford-sourced 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 with a planned output of around 550 horsepower (410 kilowatts). The engine runs through a six-speed manual from Graziano, and the driver rows through a gated shifter in the cabin.

The car will ride on a tubular steel chassis with the mid-mounted engine behind the vehicle's occupants. As standard, the bodywork makes use of glass-reinforced composite panels, but Noble intends to offer carbon-fiber pieces as an option to reduce weight.

The prototype M500 weighs nearly 3,086 pounds (1,400 kilograms). The final version could be as low as 2,756 pounds (1,250 kilograms) thanks to lighter, production-spec components.

To keep the driving experience engaging, the power steering is hydraulically assisted, and there aren't anti-lock brakes. A double-wishbone suspension layout at each corner helps getting through turns.

Noble hasn't yet determined a final price for the M500. The company's current estimate is for it to be around £150,000 ($205,596 at current exchange rates). When production gets underway, the automaker hopes to build 50 of them per year.

I know they look cool and all, but does anyone actually prefer to use a gated manual? They seem annoying from a performance perspective.

Back