London
nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring

DT#49 - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Cape Ring.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
DT#49 - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Cape Ring.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This one took many, many attempts! Tried my FRS and managed a high silver eventually. Jumped into my M5 and pulled a low gold after half a dozen runs. Gold is tricky on this one!!

Wow, the 599 really really likes to go sideways. It's difficult to get any car to trace a line around these corners. The 599 really seemed to slide sideways off throttle even more than on throttle.

Eventually found a decent way to enter the start gate and that gave me 1,000 points almost instantly. Sliding to the outside kerbs seems to be the correct line, rather than aiming for the inside kerbs.

I eased the throttle back to reduce speed into the final chicane. When you get to the chicane, stay on the tarmac and don't clip over the kerbs.

Seems to reward massively more points for being even a fraction closer to the 'expected' drifting line and angle.

After 10 tries with the Ferrari 599 tuned by @shaunm80 I achieved 5,991 points. Might just leave it like that. :P

(Previous best was around 5,100 using Viper GTS Anniversary Edition. That was probably after 30 tries.)

All the top times are the Tank Car (Parts Installed) version? It was a prize car which I have but only used it at the Suzuka drift near Xmas 2015.

Wow, the 599 really really likes to go sideways. It's difficult to get any car to trace a line around these corners. The 599 really seemed to slide sideways off throttle even more than on throttle.

Eventually found a decent way to enter the start gate and that gave me 1,000 points almost instantly. Sliding to the outside kerbs seems to be the correct line, rather than aiming for the inside kerbs.

I eased the throttle back to reduce speed into the final chicane. When you get to the chicane, stay on the tarmac and don't clip over the kerbs.

Seems to reward massively more points for being even a fraction closer to the 'expected' drifting line and angle.

After 10 tries with the Ferrari 599 tuned by @shaunm80 I achieved 5,991 points. Might just leave it like that. :P

(Previous best was around 5,100 using Viper GTS Anniversary Edition. That was probably after 30 tries.)

All the top times are the Tank Car (Parts Installed) version? It was a prize car which I have but only used it at the Suzuka drift near Xmas 2015.
An appropriate score for a 599 indeed. :) I love this car in drift mode. One of my go-to-cars when it comes to non-racing drift events. I also tuned a Scuderia for drift spec but it isn't as fun as this one is. What I like about this car is that you don't need to be on the optimum drift line (as defined by PD) to score big, you just have to hold whatever line you are on and the points keep coming. I scored 4000 points with this car. I decided that was enough as I thought it was uncanny that I reached the gold score by the smallest of margins possible.

Great prize. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of driving sideways. I'd welcome some endurance challanges like 500 miles in Mini Morris for example.

This was a pain in the a***.
Tricky last corners,easely to go over the edge,numerous times my points were resetted just before crossing the finish.
Somehow i managed to get gold anyway.
Still i don't see logic in the scores you get,sometimes you're getting points when you've just cruised through the corner and you don't score points when you're sideways.
Also the resetting of the points is confusing and frustrating,sometimes it just takes a minor cut or a little over the edge slip to get zero points.I did go off track (whole car on the gras) on purpose sometimes and i still wonder why it didn't reset my points at that point.

Yeeeeeees! Gold after 1000+ attempts in one of the R34 Skylines. Never thought i could win this. Best result until today was 3714 points and i had only 9 results beyond 3000 points so far. I chose a more aggressive line today and unexpectedly i had gathered more than 4300 points before the last turn. Didn't try to drift through the last turn then, because i was afraid to loose it all again. I guess i'll leave that challenge alone now.

Those Drift-Events will be my nemesis.
I dont get this to work in any way ... @shaunm80 's setup is the first to make it feel like "kind of controleable" to me.
Anything i try myself is going completely wrong. Either its not turning in at all just sliding straight forward burning down the front tires, or its spinning out such aggresive that it leaves me no time for reaction ...

I realy hate those events ... but i like trophys ;) so dont give up

Just i dont get the key how this works ...

I Got Gold With This:
"Hot Rod" Super Sambabus '62 - (Tuned For Fun and FITT April COTM)
View attachment 518580

My Score= 4,563 👍 :eek: :D

Not bad for a VW BUS!!! 👍

{{{{DRIVE & ENJOY}}}}
cheers-smiley-gif.511609
Thank you Brewguy44! :cheers: Despite using some other excellent drift tunes, I could not gold this event. :boggled: Your Sambabus tune was perfect for me on this challenge. I could begin to feel the sweet spot after a couple of tries and it didn't take long to achieve gold. :)Again, thanks for an awesome tune and a sweet ride!

Last edited:
Currently sitting at 5,919 with my F40. I think I can shave something more, but not much. A "perfect" session would bring me in the low 6000s, I think.

@petaloudas on my 2nd run with that setup I beat my best score slightly. That previous best took about 100 runs in 3 different cars. My random guess tune was missing the ultra stiff front, double camber, soggy dampers and massive front ballast.

Went from 6,006 points position in the high 800s to 6,164 and position in the high 600s.

Several more tries and found a gentle driving style was more successful for completing the course. Got up to 6,282 points by the end, currently 598th.

@tahu199 still ahead of me - precise and friendly Japanese player I friended during some rare, clean 350pp Quick Match races around Autumn Ring some time ago. He's using the RUF RGT '00.

Back