Nordschleife - your favourite car(s) for it

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 25 comments
Germany
Germany
Sometimes I just wanna fang 'round Nordschleife. What are you favourite cars to tackle it with? Not necessarily to get low lap times or to use online. Looking for some recommendations for fun/interesting rides.

Last edited:
I put over 1000miles on my GRMN 86 going around the 24hr layout, as my daily workout early on. I have always liked that track.

For N Class cars i like : M4, M3, E30 M3, either of the Porsche GT3's, NSX, 22B... i could go on forever lol. i guess i just love driving the nord

Anything with wheels. I did really enjoy the Lexus when the track was on for a week. Normally I prefer the Corvette yet it has poor fuel economy for races. R92CP is another favorite or any GR.1 car really. In GT5 my favorites were the Minolta Toyota 88C-V and Chaparral 2J.

That 10m Cr Alfa is just sublime to drive and as an added bonus looks stunning if you drive in cockpit with no HUD

Newly added M3 isn't bad at all, lapped like 20ish laps last night with manual shifter on sport soft tires... Hella fun... :)

Last edited:
I watch VLN-races there on a regular basis over the summer months. I consider it heresy of somebody uses a car other than Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes/AMG and (to a lesser extend) Lamborghini and Ferrari. ;)

My favs are Porsche 997 or BMW M3.

Anything can be fun around Nordschleife imo. But these would be my top cars:
NSX Gr.3
Jaguar XJR9
Audi R18 TDI
BMW M6
Mazda RX-7 FD
BMW Z4
and Mercedes SLS AMG GT3.

Uhm..

SRT Tomahawk X.

There, I've said it and I won't regret it.
Probably spent the most time with it on the ring.

Uhm..

SRT Tomahawk X.

There, I've said it and I won't regret it.
Probably spent the most time with it on the ring.
I completely and wholeheartedly agree. Although I attempted a run with it yesterday it was a lot more slippery, jittery and generally uncontrollable than usual.

Sambabus.
Used it in a Free Run lobby, stock, comfort tires. A caravan of up to seven cars followed me and the best thing was an M4 safety car with blinking lights bringing up the rear.

Then, I also used that 80's style F1 car. Stock tune, racing medium tires, no aids except ABS. Works fine if you only use 3rd-5th gear. :)

Back