What Was Your Favourite Race on GT Sport?

• Thread starter Hasnain282
  • 35 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hasnain282
With GT7 coming out soon, I figured it'd be a good time to look back on the good times that were had on GT Sport.

So as the title suggests, what was your favourite race during your time on GT Sport? It can be for any reason whatsoever; a nice battle, an amazing performance or even an interesting backstory.

For me, it was this race at Brands Hatch. It was a fun race throughout, but the thing that stuck out most for me was the battle I had near the end (at about 14 minutes into the video). There was a nice back and forth for a few laps and it was very enjoyable to be a part of. I'd even forgot about me binning it on the last lap! 😅

I've had many great battles since then but this was the one that sticked out the most.

An honourabble mention goes to this race, in which I did a performance that I was really proud of (at the time). I'm probably (and hopefully) a much better driver than that now but I did feel really good about that race after I did it.

Hi,

My first win - By a country mile!

I have not done that many online races. Practiced a lot to hone my skills but not raced that much. That first win at Lago Maggiore was so much fun. I was stoked / buzzing / ripped... Call it what you want but it made every minute spent playing worth it.

Thank you to the community here!!!

Regards.

Ian.

My first win. I never thought it would happen.

it was at Laguna Seca in the Nations cup. On the last lap I was third, half a second behind the driver in front approaching the final corner. They hooked the sausage kerb and nosed into the guard wall on the inside.
Made the pass and finished second..or so I thought. First had blown his pit stop and got the dreaded time penalty.

Hardly heroic….but I didn’t care. As I reported at the time…. I HAD WON !!!

My heroic steed. Still in My garage.

Honestly, too many to recall.

But looking through old pictures, I'm going to go with... that time I beat @GOTMAXPOWER. :cool:

7214767718215451144_0.jpg

I forgot to save the replay, but there was a great Manufacturer's race I had in the Lexus g3 at Sardegna A with a French (I think) guy in the Nissan, he had the power, I had the handling and the newer tyres. We went at it super clean for about 4 laps, I would pass him in the first half of the lap and he would come back at me through the long straights. It included my favourite ever pass, round the outside at the hairpin after Church (which I only even attempted because he had shown how clean he was racing).

He ended up beating me, for 8th place, but I still remember that race, and I was so gutted I forgot to save the replay!

Race type is when they had Group C at Alsace. That was a fun week. In terms of a single race, when the fuel saving Gr4 at N24 was on I had an awesome no quali win. The first lap was a proper Nurburgring race experience, nose to tail with the guy in front with no contact or mistakes

This was an absolute BELTER. Close battles for the first half then it turns into the mother of all one-on-one fights. The last few laps are immense, tough but fair racing and the final pass was a last second decision to try something different and somehow made it work. Excuse the back and forth on the replay.

Too many. I'd pick the ones where I used the Gr.4 Supra. Can't wait to get back in that jammy.

Only other race that sticks out, is the Gr.4 458 at Autopolis. Not just biased because it's my favorite World Circuit, I had so much fun that week. Great combo.

Nations Cup exhibition race at Sardegna Windmills with Gr. B cars. Turismo-Lester and I fought all race for first place, with me starting on pole position.

Hands down the most intense race I've ever had in GTSport. Turismo-Lester (white 86) put so much pressure on me (red 86) for most of the race, before he finally forced an error on me just big enough for him to take the lead. In the last two laps, we were fighting so much, we even took the fight to the air for 1st place. Lester won by just under a tenth of a second.

20210331191344.jpg
20210331234358.jpg

That's a tough question, has to be the last lap FIA wins

Passing two cars at the last corner:

7th to 1st At Nordschliefe after hitting the lead in the last 500 metres;

Last Corner Win at Seaside;

The other memorable win was second split at Brands Hatch, where the lead driver stopped for tyres and second and third (me) stayed out.

He caught me late in the race and I just let him through because he had a reputation of being reckless and I figured my best chance to win was to hope that he caught first place and crashed them both out trying to pass. Its exactly what happened so I ended up winning the race despite being the third fastest driver.

Last edited:
14553 races in 1067 game days ~ 13.6 races a day. Dude, just how? :lol::crazy::bowdown:

PD needs to give you a loyalty medal or something. Do you know anyone that has a higher race count (if that's even possible)?
Yes @BenRod 16716 races in 1563 game days :cheers:

Do a race, sign up for the next one, do everything else in between races. Never qualify, practice while racing. That's how :lol:

Since the 14th I'm letting a bunch of races time out though, to get back to 1/1. I finally worked out the kinks to get down to DR 1. (A DR reset only goes down to 3000, still need to lose the rest by quitting races)

MY favorite race had to be one of the FIA Manu events at Laguna Seca using Gr.4 cars. I was just starting out with the game (ealry 2020) and had Dodge as my manu for that season. I had no idea how well I was going to do, and was kinda intimidated with the FIA gradure of it all. Qualified top 10, and by a stroke of luck, got up to the lead with 3/4 laps to go. A Cayman GT4 came outta the pits with fresher tires, and with us both on hards, it was a tight battle till the end with 2-wide racing almost throughout. I got loose at Rainey and the Porsche sped off, with me in P2 at the end. I sure wish I recorded that race, was the best!

I didn't remember I'd put a video of this up:

I think this sums up my time with GT Sport best. I spent an entire day practicing and racing an FIA combo where I knew I was good - the track suited the car and it being the only car I can drive the track suited my driving style. Three straight runs where something went wrong and I go again even though I don't really want to, I have a fantastic race against someone from here and I finally get a result.

Yes @BenRod 16716 races in 1563 game days :cheers:

Do a race, sign up for the next one, do everything else in between races. Never qualify, practice while racing. That's how :lol:

Since the 14th I'm letting a bunch of races time out though, to get back to 1/1. I finally worked out the kinks to get down to DR 1. (A DR reset only goes down to 3000, still need to lose the rest by quitting races)
Very impressive. He only missed 26 days when he didn't log in the game since release date 17/10/2017 (not sure if the beta period was counted by kudosprime).

Back when jasonguernsey's stats site was still up I saw someone had 5000+ wins. I thought either of you might be it but apparently not. Wonder who that could be...

Last edited:
Very impressive. He only missed 26 days when he didn't log in the game since release date 17/10/2017 (not sure if the beta period was counted by kudosprime).

Back when jasonguernsey's stats site was still up I saw someone had 5000+ wins. I thought either of you might be it but apparently not. Wonder who that could be...
Look for someone with a very low SR average :lol:

Those victory leaderboards on jason's site where depressing when you looked at the profiles of the front runners. I still have a lot of victories, 7.2% win percentage, and most of those were not at SR 99. If matchmaking worked correctly and I qualified, my win percentage doing race B and C can't realistically be higher than 5.6%.

An interesting stat would be looking at victory percentage vs avg SR.

I hope GT7 will split out victories. A victory in D/E should not count the same as a victory in a A+/S room. At least not while DR resets remain. It's too easy to manipulate DR/SR to get easy victories.

Since I have been resetting my stats every day for GT7 (Sticking to 1/1 at 'save' time) I have had more victories from the back on race C. Interesting note is that SR.B is the easiest to get a victory in from the back, slowest match ups. At lower SR there is guaranteed a fast DR reset on pole farming victories. At higher SR the back becomes slower while the front runs away. But there's always that broken 80-89 SR room that puts the fastest 80-89 SR drivers against the slowest 90-99 SR drivers.

Getting tons of victories in this game is all about when (what time) to race and in what SR range to race :/

Here's a notorious one with 35% win percentage...
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1194725

Last edited:
Not quite a win but an epic battle over one. Came out 2nd in the end but it was awesome from start to finish, very clean too. Gr2 at Fuji in a Daily C.
I will have to make sure to watch the replay before I switch to GT7.

Look for someone with a very low SR average :lol:

Those victory leaderboards on jason's site where depressing when you looked at the profiles of the front runners. I still have a lot of victories, 7.2% win percentage, and most of those were not at SR 99. If matchmaking worked correctly and I qualified, my win percentage doing race B and C can't realistically be higher than 5.6%.

An interesting stat would be looking at victory percentage vs avg SR.

I hope GT7 will split out victories. A victory in D/E should not count the same as a victory in a A+/S room. At least not while DR resets remain. It's too easy to manipulate DR/SR to get easy victories.

Since I have been resetting my stats every day for GT7 (Sticking to 1/1 at 'save' time) I have had more victories from the back on race C. Interesting note is that SR.B is the easiest to get a victory in from the back, slowest match ups. At lower SR there is guaranteed a fast DR reset on pole farming victories. At higher SR the back becomes slower while the front runs away. But there's always that broken 80-89 SR room that puts the fastest 80-89 SR drivers against the slowest 90-99 SR drivers.

Getting tons of victories in this game is all about when (what time) to race and in what SR range to race :/

Here's a notorious one with 35% win percentage...
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1194725
Yeah it's way too easy to game victory stats in this game. Unless it's a top split win it doesn't mean anything really. It just means you're faster than the people you happen to be matched with that race.

Back when I was grinding for the 91 wins trophy I kept my DR at B level, and only raced daily A in early mornings. I won 1 in every 2/3 races. Once I got the trophy, I just let my DR naturally climb. It's been stable at 50k for 2 years now and I think I've only won 5 more races in ~300 FIA events. Most races I finished in midfield, barely gaining or losing DR, which is what should happen if you're in the correct range.

Mine was the St Croix races and the Nurburgring tracks! Not a fan of Northern Isle Speedway, I miss the Daytona track cause at least you had more room to drive and not hit the wall!

Had lots of great races in GT Sport over the years, not sure if I could really pick one particular winner so to speak but to mention a few lovely combinations where I’ve enjoyed myself the most and experienced some of the best racing, all daily B (yeah, I’m a daily pleb and sucker for no wear/fuel shorter races):
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow (Gr.3)
  • Blue Moon Bay (Gr.3)
  • Dragon Trail - Seaside (Gr.3)
  • Dragon Trail - Seaside II (Gr.3)
  • Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa (Gr.3)
  • Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop (Gr.3)
Those events alone (some of these numbers are probably some other classes but it’s primarily Gr.3) make up 928 of my 2,992 races.

I should get going with uploading some more replays of above mentioned events but to at least leave you with two:

Last edited:
Back