NOs drifting

...Since you're new, I'm not going to open my mouth for nothing. But you don't see why and why not you need / need not nitrous in GT4, if you had a real car right now, would you dump a bottle of nitrous?

ekmatt9
...Since you're new, I'm not going to open my mouth for nothing. But you don't see why and why not you need / need not nitrous in GT4, if you had a real car right now, would you dump a bottle of nitrous?
too mush nfs:ug2 for some guys u know.. hehe.. I say no nitrous and learn the tecnique to drifting in stead..

thje nitrous system used in d1 cars is different. i dont think they press a button. its some type of system used to compensate for the turbo lag.

when you say a system used to compensate for turbo lag that makes me think more of how they use a system to keep the turbo spooled before launch and in between shifts and such. i forget what its called but they have it. as well as the "push-topass" option allowing for an icrease in boost pressure. this is used in JGTC and rally i believe

Gabkicks
thje nitrous system used in d1 cars is different. i dont think they press a button. its some type of system used to compensate for the turbo lag.

Exactly. With turbo cars the nos is only used at full throttle below 3,000 rpm (or wherever they like it set at) and it is always there below that rpm at full throttle. It's not a push button blast of power. As much as they throw the wheel around they couldn't push a button on the wheel if they wanted to. I don't mind the permenant system, it's the push button that I don't like.

sidewayzinCA
when you say a system used to compensate for turbo lag that makes me think more of how they use a system to keep the turbo spooled before launch and in between shifts and such. i forget what its called but they have it. as well as the "push-topass" option allowing for an icrease in boost pressure. this is used in JGTC and rally i believe
You mean the Bang-bang system?

sidewayzinCA

Anti lag

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

💡

Droptop_Chick
What depends on how, when & where/etc...? S'plain Lucy.
I don’t fell like getting into a big NAWS argument on this thread since where all off topic now but if any one would like to discuss over some some PM’s I’ll be more then happy 2. 💡

I don’t fell like getting into a big NAWS argument on this thread since where all off topic now but if any one would like to discuss over some some PM’s I’ll be more then happy 2. :idea:idea:

Droptop_Chick
:

Droptop_Chick

I don’t fell like getting into a big NAWS argument on this thread since where all off topic now but if any one would like to discuss over some some PM’s I’ll be more then happy 2. 💡

sidewayzinCA

Kart or Champcar or whatsitsname also uses this to make the races a bit more exciting (I guess they've seen what F1 ended up like). You have a total of 45 seconds or something of boost on tap..

Back on topic, i don't really see the big fuss about using nos for drifting. People drift 800HP cars, so why shouldn't they be able to boost it for a slight period of time? Personally I find it easier to control wheelspin in lower powered cars, and I'd rather use my concentration on keeping the spinning under control and countersteering more precisely ;)

You can get it for RL cars, so I think you should be able to get it here as well... of course someone will think bad of you because of it, but that's just how it is. I personally think using nos to drift just makes it harder. If you want more wheelspin, just buy a bigger turbo or something..

I don't see why people consider it such a bad thing to use it in drifting.

Look at what it does: horsepower increase(wheelspin). Nothing else!

Does it get you to perfect drift angle? No.
Does it give you perfect countersteer? No.
Does it give you perfect throttle control? No.

Personally though, I don't see the need for it considering you can tune many cars in GT4 to insane horsepowers.

I don't use nitrous for any of my drift cars, but I have been toying with the idea for quite some time... I wish there was a way to set the nitrous to release at a certain rpm... I'm not really a fan of push button nitrous...

For the time being, I don't really feel much of a need to use nitrous in GT4... However, I am always looking for different ways to do things, so I will give it a try...

;)

I tried using n2o mid drift or early on to break traction, but no matter what I'd spin out. I just use it for exiting turns now. It helps a lot in that way if you're going for speed while drifting..

Stanley^Carter
LOL!! 👍 👍 👍

anyhow, d3p0's idea of using the NOS as a "clutch" is an interesting idea, I never thought of that though :)

LMFAO!!!!!! :lol: When my friend played GT4 for the first time he drove an Integra that I had moded out including nos. So I come in while he's lapping Mid-field and the first thing he says is "I really like this clutch"

I was confused and he used it and I about fell over laughing so hard. He was hitting the nos!!

Back