Nos is killing the drag community

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I pull up next to your Nova in my Sirion, you can bet I'll be spraying and praying.
NOS is a fantastic thing if the user is not a complete bone head. It allows cars from another time bracket to run with the big boys, so to speak.
The only issue surrounding NOS, is user honesty.....How dare PD subject us to such things. Lol

YAY! My first post! I only signed up here to read and learn more about the drag community in GT and to be honest all I've learned is people take it very seriously. I've been in the tuning threads quite a bit to try and get understanding of what's most important in a drag race, apart from the obvious. When it comes to gears, it's just a cluster of numbers for me, so all I change is the max speed, suspension, all I do here is the obvious, raise the rear and lower the front and finally NOS, highest percentage it'll let me. So... I'm a noob, amateur or whatever you call new'ish players, I've been playing GT since GT3 and only started caring about tuning and wanting an edge on my opposition since playing Forza. But back to the topic, I've stopped playing GT6 for a while because of people moaning about me using NOS. Nitrous was the only thing that made GT6 different from GT5 for me, it's fun and while I'm talking about fun, I enter these drag lobbies online for fun, not to win and be super competitive and bad mouth when I lose, all I care about is my car and how good it ran against that guys R34, Supra etc. Like I said I don't fine tune because I don't have the understanding, so NOS is perfect for me. Back to the reason why I've stopped playing for a while, I tune the least expected cars and cars I like, the last lobby I was in a couple days ago I was bringing out all sorts of random cars and listening to others chat and mostly argue, I'll drag anything, doesn't matter to me wether I win or lose but this one guy and his pal were getting pretty mad at people for using NOS. Then it finally came to my turn with this guy, I was in my Peugeot 205T 16, it's AWD and doesn't have much power, so of course I have NOS and it might even have 100% lol but even so he was in an SVT mustang and I beat him by half a car length and he asked did I use NOS and I replied with text saying "yes, problem?", and that was it he went into one and I said that I barely tune my cars and only come on here for fun now and again, so NOS is good for someone like me. Moral of the story is he went into one in a lobby that WASNT titled no awd or nos, all it said was 1/4dragz. Extra long post with things that didn't need to be said, but I wanted to say them.

Drag is serious "business" to some. A lot take pride in their ability to tune.

Some take it too seriously, sometimes too much

Sadly enough, I have heard a tuner get so frustrated he cried online.

I do this for fun, its a video game! I have a job and other responsibilities, I play the game to unwind and relax. If this game causes you stress out, you may need to step back and rethink things.

That's what an Esprit does compared to a GT500. It let's it look like a joke.

It's not just a little faster, it's a 🤬 faster than the GT500.

Well it's not like any lotus was the best thing popin on gt5, like you said its a surprise now.

I'll check it out for myself, give it a tune, and rerun the guy I lost to. But I still don't see how it can beat another 900+ hp car by 4cars even if it does win hands down every time.

I don't know how light the lotus is with body work done but the Shelby is not as heavy with body work and I'm pretty sure wouldn't get smoked that bad. And my tune held pretty good until I ran into that guy.

Not being a sore loser but just saying.

Drag is serious "business" to some. A lot take pride in their ability to tune.

Some take it too seriously, sometimes too much

Sadly enough, I have heard a tuner get so frustrated he cried online.

I do this for fun, its a video game! I have a job and other responsibilities, I play the game to unwind and relax. If this game causes you stress out, you may need to step back and rethink things.
You're right but you can't say these things because these people that take it really seriously and get stressed out don't like the facts. I'm just chilling on GTA 5, I should be back on GT6 soon because I get that urge to go upgrade and tune (not tune tune but tune lol, increase max speed and full NOS) silly cars.

Yeah

Yeah then it has to be the weight because the Shelby weight about 1300+ with full body mods .

Btw iam in no way a fanboy of that car or defending it. out of all the cars in the game I thought it would be ok to used the high powered Shelby as a beginning tuners car. Experiment

If I pull up next to your Nova in my Sirion, you can bet I'll be spraying and praying.
NOS is a fantastic thing if the user is not a complete bone head. It allows cars from another time bracket to run with the big boys, so to speak.
The only issue surrounding NOS, is user honesty.....How dare PD subject us to such things. Lol

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

Drunk?

you ok over there bud? is it me or is this kinda sorta extremely confusing.....

Exactly.

Wat8.jpg

Que??

Como loco?

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

@YN89 In the hispanic community its not really a bad comment Danny made.
I do have to agree though a few of you posts are hard to understand.

@YN89 In the hispanic community its not really a bad comment Danny made.
I do have to agree though a few of you posts are hard to understand.
"Como" means "what" and "loco" is like saying dude or something but it means "crazy".....Thanks Ryzno.👍

"Como" means "what" and "loco" is like saying dude or something but it means "crazy".....Thanks Ryzno.👍

Do you even know what you're talking about? I mean i've heard some dumb stuff before but your post by far takes the cake. Thanks to you I now have to go to the doctor's to make sure I haven't developed an aneurysm in my brain. I dont mean to be rude but I could probably form a more logical and coherent statement by repeatedly smashing my face on the keyboard. You have the IQ of a hyena with brain damage and I nor anyone else here knows how you manage to make a bowl of cereal without burning down your house. I hope next time you post you will seriously consider doing your homework first so that I dont have to take time out of my day to write out my frustrations with you.

Do you even know what you're talking about? I mean i've heard some dumb stuff before but your post by far takes the cake. Thanks to you I now have to go to the doctor's to make sure I haven't developed an aneurysm in my brain. I dont mean to be rude but I could probably form a more logical and coherent statement by repeatedly smashing my face on the keyboard. You have the IQ of a hyena with brain damage and I nor anyone else here knows how you manage to make a bowl of cereal without burning down your house. I hope next time you post you will seriously consider doing your homework first so that I dont have to take time out of my day to write out my frustrations with you.

nos-is-like.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back