Nose-Tipping, Rollovers, and 'Broken' Handling of MR Cars: An Analysis of GT6's Center of Gravity

No idea what you mean, the stock gt40 anniversary and my garaya gt300 do not show such behaviour and drive like a dream...

I don't know, I went with the gt300 base model, and the rear felt awfully light at time. I turned to aero to compensate, which helped hugely, but I couldn't do the gt300 championship with it. Not consistent enough. I gave up and 'downgraded' to the s2000LM race car for them.

I really want to like the car--it's certainly drivable, but not quite what I want to race.

I would suggest starting from scratch in GT6, new physics will respond more realistically to changes than GT5 did. I always build my own tunes, its more rewarding and you can tune to your driving style not someone else's.
Oh I have started fresh in GT6. I was just saying what worked on the R8 LMS in GT5.

And yeah.. When you get a tune just right, one that fits your style of driving, it's a pretty rewarding thing :)

Not that I've driven it in GT6, but in GT5, I found the R8 LMS very easy to drive. I never had any particular problems with any cars. One car I find odd in GT6 is the GTByCitroen Road car, in that when tuned to 800bhp+, anything more than minimal front downforce seemed to make the nose of the car dive towards the inside of a cambered corner (high speed ring for example).

This also proved problematic even on flat tracks. Not sure if this is realistic or not, but when rear downforce was full on all setups I tried, it's frustrating when any front downforce above minimal makes the car extremely difficult to drive.

Don't know if this was mentioned but Veyron is bugged too. When fully upgraded, on SSRX when going really fast it suddenly stops steering at high speed at all and swim on the road like a boat. Once it slows down a bit it steers again normally.

Don't know if this was mentioned but Veyron is bugged too. When fully upgraded, on SSRX when going really fast it suddenly stops steering at high speed at all and swim on the road like a boat. Once it slows down a bit it steers again normally.

Sounds like a bug involving bottoming-out from downforce.

Just to add to the list of MR cars that DO work well... Just tried my 15th Anniversary Pagani Huayra. WOW! What a car! Nothing wrong with it...

The R8 5.2 and R8 LMS are SO frustrating!!! I was pretty bummed trying to drive an R8 5.2 around Brands Hatch. It just kept spinning out.

The R8 LMS is a mess! I like to have my race cars with no ABS and brake balance around 2/1 or 2/0. With the brakes set like that, R8 LMS just spins as soon as you literally tap the brakes.

Tried to work my magic again on the R8 LMS yesterday. Tried all sorts of diff settings and brake balances. Nothing worked. Ended up turning on ABS like I do on my road cars. It helped. I could brake hard going into a corner but as soon as I come off the brake and try to either, let the car roll through apex or get right back to the gas after braking, the car just wants to spin.

The way I tune brakes and diff works with other race cars I've tried in the game. R18 is great. The Renault Megane Trophy '11 is fantastic. The BMW Z4 GT3 is not too easy to tune but I got it driving nice after a decent practice session. It's just that R8 LMS that seems broken.

You know the brake bias tuning doesn't work, right? That's probably part of the problem.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-brake-balance-setting-is-broken.292788/

shn0.jpg

Ive seen a couple of a.i.s at the top of the hill of Cote De Azur doing "stopies" as well. Hasn't happened too often though.

These two pictures are both of AI in a race at Matterhorn. Both the Mustang and Megane did nose stands while braking. The Renault actually almost flipped over!

Invalid argument. You can actually lift of quite high while your going to fast without breaking at that part. Its basically a ramp .

Invalid argument. You can actually lift of quite high while your going to fast without breaking at that part. Its basically a ramp .
Yes it is, but it was the AI and in cars that would never catch air over that crest.

Yes it is, but it was the AI and in cars that would never catch air over that crest.
To be fair I think it's fairly easy to catch air over there, still, it definitely isn't the best spot to prove it. For that, you can use the pics of Evos doing the same thing in Tokyo (where there are no big crests and no jumps whatsoever).

Just occurred to my mind, has anybody been able to replicate those deep dives (high rear ends) with any of those same cars that the AI drives? If not, then maybe that is only a flaw in the AI physics.

Just occurred to my mind, has anybody been able to replicate those deep dives (high rear ends) with any of those same cars that the AI drives? If not, then maybe that is only a flaw in the AI physics.
Nope. I have tried but it does not work.

I find it hard to believe the center of gravity for all cars is wrong just because of how basic it is, it's really something that shouldn't easily be incorrect and if it is it would likely be car specific not universal.

That being said, i do agree that something is off, cars shouldn't be doing nose stands under braking like they are, nor should a race car exhibit such a huge angle of roll through slow corners.

Agreeably both situations point to an abnormally high center of gravity but i just can't see how they could get it so wrong and not realise?

I kept going onto 2 wheels in my 22B on skyline and it is kinda the same line as the V8 TCs take.

For the MR issues, I wonder is a majority of these issues are occuring with players who use a controller vs using a steering wheel. I would bet the former...

I'm not sure it's a CoG problem, but possibly a gravity problem. The "stoppies" are one thing, but the 'Nose Standing' is an entirely different matter- and I'm talking about some cars during a messy crash will end up like this (@ 9sec)

^ this happened a lot in gt5 as well. This is pretty far out- almost as if there is some Levity at play during these slow-motion nose stands. There are other things in GT that point towards an overall Gravity problem, such as cones flying 90ft through the air, 'barrier bale' objects at Tokyo R246 flipping around and bouncing long distances, and the ridiculous flights and acrobatics recorded from gt5 'jump tracks'.

As for the A.I cars, it's pretty obvious that they are given a greater "mass" or possibly gravity is acting stronger upon them than the user's car.
A.I. can take big hits at vulnerable times and hardly notice, whereas we can get touched at the rear fender and suffer a 'pit' maneuver very easily. I'm ok with the easy pit maneuvers as long as it can happen to the A.I. as well!

C'mon PD, stop that.

Last edited:
F40 and R8

Those car has severe off throttle oversteer and can be extremely twitch under braking in gt6

Instead of changing brake balance, if you reduce rear toe little, it settle down well

At least for me it works well

F40 I under stand this behavior but R8 little surprised I thought would be really stable

Back