Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cute fanboy reacting with poo like a kid while making no point at all. Because he can't.

I'm a fanboy myself and I love GT but this is just silly šŸ˜
What do you like about GT? You seem to be criticizing everything about it and the developer.

It's because PD is too lazy to finish the game on time. No IB/IA/S class races. No real representation of cars in the better part of a decade. Games 6 days old and feels like it came out 6 years ago.

GT SPort Spec III or GT7 Prologue? Not sure which is more apropos...

What do you like about GT? You seem to be criticizing everything about it and the developer.
I really don't get your question. Do I have to write a book about its great features before I'm allowed to talk about its huge problems? To me it seems like some guys in here feel personally insulted because of a videogame.

In some areas the game is great, no doubt about it.
But in so many ways itā€™s an absolute joke, and the fact that PD have been doing this for TWENTY FIVE YEARS, and they still make such boneheaded design decisions is just unforgivable.

Been playing GT since the first game, and only GTS left me more disappointed with the product I bought, but itā€™s close.
I guarantee that this is the last GT I buy on release at full price!
Amen. GT8 I'll be buying 18mo after release when it's actually finished. This has just been a sham thus far

I really don't get your question. Do I have to write a book about its great features before I'm allowed to talk about its huge problems? To me it seems like some guys in here feel personally insulted because of a videogame.
:)

I've completed Gran Turismo 7's career, menu books? whatever you want to call it, and it has left me so underwhelmed.

This game is such a tiny offering and does not compare to previous offerings.

No Australian Supercars Championships, no Japanese Touring Car Championship, no Endurance Championships, no Nascar Championships, no Drift Championships or any other championships the world has to offer...which you won't see here.

Just a sad little World Touring Car Championship finale.

This has to be the worst Gran Turismo game l have ever played. It's lightweight and the handling of the cars is truly suspect with all that oversteering...The game feels like a scam!

What was the point of all those settings? They do hardly anything...

Also, the menu system is so counter-intuitive, so many button presses to collect things. Even collecting mileage has to be acknowledged with a button press.

I'm sorry, but l have always enjoyed and been a great fan of the GT games and l feel totally let down by this game...and all it's bugs and framerate dropping.
NASCAR has their own deal with Motorsport Games, which published the Heat 4, Heat 5 and now the Ignition 2021.
V8 Supercars have their own deals with Codemasters (Grid) and Microsoft (Forza Motorsport). I guess Microsoft must have included some sort of no competition, barring the access to the rights to PD to the same content.

Super GT is odd, but surely there will be more content add through time.
But clearly PD seems totally uninterested in paying for the rights of anything, remember the postpone in introducing Spa in GT Sport, because of the fee that was asked.

Totally agree with the sentiment expressed in the OP. It felt like the 'campaign' was just getting started and then it's over, with several vehicle types and circuits (even Monza) completely unused. Am I right in thinking that not a even single career event featured pit stops?

It's not even like the format requires a lot of resources to create more races. Only the championships have a (largely unnecessary) rendered intro, the regular events just a few (even more unnecessary) lines of banal text to accompany the avatar mugshots.

Hundreds of events could've been included with relatively little effort.

The whole cafe menu thing was way too linear and simplistic. Some sort of tree-based progression may have at least been a bit more interesting.

Let it go... Here are some people actually interested in exchanging facts. No kids needed.
How would you like to see the game improved?
For me, I'm quite happy with the physics, apart from the classic GT hard dampers. It feels like a step up from GTSport.
I do feel like the cafe menu campaign feels like an elongated intro that will span to the end of the campaign, but I'm still enjoying it to an extent.
I'm hoping the online experience gets ironed out to cater for people who like tuning and people who don't. I'm quite happy to spend my time there and with the missions/custom races until more content comes around, which may even be before I finish all the single player content.

Totally agree with the sentiment expressed in the OP. It felt like the 'campaign' was just getting started and then it's over, with several vehicle types and circuits (even Monza) completely unused. Am I right in thinking that not a even single career event featured pit stops?

It's not even like the format requires a lot of resources to create more races. Only the championships have a (largely unnecessary) rendered intro, the regular events just a few (even more unnecessary) lines of banal text to accompany the avatar mugshots.

Hundreds of events could've been included with relatively little effort.

The whole cafe menu thing was way too linear and simplistic. Some sort of tree-based progression may have at least been a bit more interesting.
You might have missed a few events that are happening besides GT Cafe. There are a few races with pit stops and I think one race on monza for example. But yeah, that's it.

And as you say. From a developing standpoint it's not a big deal to pack the game with events. This and the fact things like endurance races never made more sense than in Gt7 with all its dynamics is just kinda strange.

You are very much correct: no pit stops in any of the Cafe mode content. There are a few Gr 4 and Gr 3 races that are 10 laps, tires and fuel between 2-10x, so in those you need to pit at least once depending on your car's fuel efficiency. But as far as Cafe race, none of them have this.

When "Sarah" or whatever said it's essentially over and the credits rolled I legit thought it was a joke. Waited for the credits to end expecting to be thrown straight into an IB class race, but no... I guess it was a joke: a joke on everyone that bought the game for the classic offline GT experience.

Last edited:
How would you like to see the game improved?
For me, I'm quite happy with the physics, apart from the classic GT hard dampers. It feels like a step up from GTSport.
I do feel like the cafe menu campaign feels like an elongated intro that will span to the end of the campaign, but I'm still enjoying it to an extent.
I'm hoping the online experience gets ironed out to cater for people who like tuning and people who don't. I'm quite happy to spend my time there and with the missions/custom races until more content comes around, which may even be before I finish all the single player content.
Thanks for your normal post.

In fact at first I was pretty surprised with Gt7. I wasn't expecting such an improvement in the sound and physics department. Also I was quite surprised for the extra miles PD went for the ps5 version which looks - besides being cross gen - great.

The thing is... In my opinion gt Cafe is not what you are expecting it to be. It's more like an intro and like someone here said, it's over when you think NOW it's gets better. The fact that Gt7 has all this great stuff and they just like kinda forgot to give us some events to actually enjoy this great stuff... That's what's making me disappointed and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. I just wasn't expecting people to think I hate the game just because I'm focusing on negative points.

I love it! Makes me happeeeeee šŸ¤£

Happy Feliz GIF by Victoria Justice

Last edited:
Yep. I'm working in all muscle cars, well all classics. Own liveries etc. Playing with PP so the fields even. Full race mini coopers can give the muscle cars a run on twisty tracks. You can always create own liveries too. I'll try get a few double ups to have more than 1 of each looking the same. And yes tuning your own gt3 or 4 cars the same. Even switching up their liveries. However, it would of been nice to do custom championships

I really want to recreate old GT championships from the old games (eg: US vs JP championship, GT All Stars Championship, etc.) Using street cars/turned race cars. They make it very difficult on account of the tires you equip the car with, don't transfer over to the race for AI. I heavily tuned a R32 to the point where I was able to hold my own win against Gr.3 cars on a course like Suzuka and Yamagiwa. (Of course this is against the AI so it may not ACTUALLY be on pace with Gr.3 cars)

I set up a race with 6 cars to test. Castrol Tom's Supra, A heavily tuned Dodge Viper, a heavily tuned R32, the Mazda RX-Vision and my Heavily tuned GTO. I opted to drive an Audi TT (just for testing) and was mad to find out that they had put SH tires back on my Viper and R32, and put CS tires on my GTO.. I know REALISTICALLY they're still street cars that are heavily tuned but d*mn man.. let ME have the option to choose what tires they use.

If they allow freedom of tire choice for custom garage races, I'll be truly satisfied for a good while.

Thanks for your normal post.

In fact at first I was pretty surprised with Gt7. I wasn't expecting such an improvement in the sound and physics department. Also I was quite surprised for the extra miles PD went for the ps5 version which looks - besides being cross gen - great.

The thing is... In my opinion gt Cafe is not what you are expecting it to be. It's more like an intro and like someone here said, it's over when you think NOW it's gets better. The fact that Gt7 has all this great stuff and they just like kinda forgot to give us some events to actually enjoy this great stuff... That's what's making me disappointed and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. I just wasn't expecting people to think I hate the game just because I'm focusing on negative points.
While there is a lack of events, you need to also remember that GT Cafe is meant to appeal to newer generations of gamers. Granted at the same PD needs to keep us fans happy.

There's nothing wrong with your opinions, but throwing insults at others and forcing your opinions doesn't put yourself in the right light. Just saying.

While there is a lack of events, you need to also remember that GT Cafe is meant to appeal to newer generations of gamers. Granted at the same PD needs to keep us fans happy.

There's nothing wrong with your opinions, but throwing insults at others and forcing your opinions doesn't put yourself in the right light. Just saying.
Totally agree with you. But if one guy just smashes one liners and sarcasm to several people in here... I don't see a point in wasting my time with that. Just look at the post after yours... "people get salty because bla bla" and I'm not even the one having a problem with this throttle management. It's just inappropriate, pointless trolling.

Even If they just have to learn driving, there's no reason to behave like an elite warrior in here. Maybe help those guys getting better?

Last edited:
I really want to recreate old GT championships from the old games (eg: US vs JP championship, GT All Stars Championship, etc.) Using street cars/turned race cars. They make it very difficult on account of the tires you equip the car with, don't transfer over to the race for AI. I heavily tuned a R32 to the point where I was able to hold my own win against Gr.3 cars on a course like Suzuka and Yamagiwa. (Of course this is against the AI so it may not ACTUALLY be on pace with Gr.3 cars)

I set up a race with 6 cars to test. Castrol Tom's Supra, A heavily tuned Dodge Viper, a heavily tuned R32, the Mazda RX-Vision and my Heavily tuned GTO. I opted to drive an Audi TT (just for testing) and was mad to find out that they had put SH tires back on my Viper and R32, and put CS tires on my GTO.. I know REALISTICALLY they're still street cars that are heavily tuned but d*mn man.. let ME have the option to choose what tires they use.

If they allow freedom of tire choice for custom garage races, I'll be truly satisfied for a good while.
That's pretty silly how the AI doesn't use the tyres that you have fitted since you can pretty much create your own race cars now.

I think some people need to realise that this isn't a GT that's aimed towards people wanting a hardcore sim with a plethora of licensed championships, also:

When GT Sport came out, people complained that they could no longer race cars they'd tuned themselves and objected to the game being centred around race cars.

GT7 comes out and let's people race cars that they'd tuned themselves as opposed to the heavy emphasis on racecars that they objected to and now they're unhappy about being given what they asked for.

If you want to play Australian Supercars, JTCC (which is now TCR Japan), Endurance Championships and NASCAR, and also don't want any road cars or menus, just sign up for iRacing because you're playing the wrong game here.

More career events were always the case for every GT. This has nothing to do with playing the wrong game. It's just content.

Also giving us tuning does not mean to completely forget balancing. Or is youtuber superGT also playing the wrong game? You are really making it super easy for PD.

Literally every GT had endurance races. Suddenly Gt7 has none.

Last edited:
More career events were always the case for every GT. This has nothing to do with playing the wrong game. It's just content.

Also giving us tuning does not mean to completely forget balancing. Or is youtuber superGT also playing the wrong game? You are really making it super easy for PD.
You've only been on here since Saturday.

When GT Sport came out, people on here complained about the heavy emphasis of licensed racecars (GT, GTE, SuperGT, LMP1, etc) and Sport Mode, in GT7 they've caved towards those complaints + the user data which pointed towards the majority of the player base not actually caring about that heavy emphasis of licensed racecars or Sport Mode.

I know you think you're 100% correct and that you speak for the entire playerbase of Gran Turismo, but this table from Kudos Prime alone proves that you're massively wrong:

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 16.54.31.png

Also, name-dropping a Youtuber as a defence doesn't exactly prove much, this is still a case of "you're playing the wrong game if you want that", that's like playing Tekken 7 and complaining about it not letting me play as Mai Shiranui.

Also, ratio.

Last edited:
I wasn't questioning that part. Of course sports mode is niche thing. I was just pointing out that balancing is a very important thing if you allow such tuning in such an open way. I was not complaining about anything else.

Also im not thinking that I know everything. I would never say to anyone that he is playing the wrong game. So could we just focus on those points and not call each other out for things not even true?

I wasn't questioning that part. Of course sports mode is niche thing. I was just pointing out that balancing is a very important thing if you allow such tuning in such an open way. I was not complaining about anything else.

Also im not thinking that I know everything. I would never say to anyone that he is playing the wrong game. So could we just focus on those points and not call each other out for things not even true?
By "playing the wrong game" I'm not gatekeeping or anything, I'm just saying he probably went into this game expecting something more along the lines of an iRacing, RaceRoom or AMS.

By "playing the wrong game" I'm not gatekeeping or anything, I'm just saying he probably went into this game expecting something more along the lines of an iRacing, RaceRoom or AMS.
Okay, I see. In case of real life cups you might be totally right. That was never a big deal in GT and for me that's fine.

I just had the feeling you point out negative criticism - and I mean things missing that were actually a strong part of a GT mode in the past - and say GT is the wrong game for that now. Bit of a misunderstanding I guess as I really wasn't questioning tuning in sports mode when it's done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back